2019-06-24 01:34:07

another suggestion,

i would like to see more of the choices you make have more of an affect. for example, if you are good towards farmers then they will be more friendly and responsive to the needs of the realm. whilst the throne room encounters are good you could easily play through the game without them. i think that they should have more of a baring on the game.

2019-06-24 10:29:50

I agree on the Suggestion that choices could have more effects on consequences for example in the throne room. I think that the Sound System will get expanded even more and I am excited if sounds for other creatures will come into the game. It would be cool to have sounds for the different unit types and races, too. Typical horror sounds for sceletons, Zombies and such could make the Charakters in the game even more creepy, scary or lifelike. Great updates BTW. Keep it up. I think different Music for different Scenes would be even cool, for example for fights, or more epic Music for battlws and such. BTW: do you have the first Person theme in mind still for future updates and the stats for the king and such? Would be great as well, since it could give the game a completely different aspect. However, i realy like the Monster additions and the race creator a lot.

2019-06-24 14:18:46

Lol we would need 5000000 different sounds if we did one for each race.

2019-06-24 15:55:51

sorry another thing I ran into when playing.

When I was doing a battle. It played all the battle sounds in a super-fast like tape-deck fast forward way and finished long before my speech program was done with the fight, and also it didn't really play any of the sounds in their entirety at all.

2019-06-24 17:57:16 (edited by defender 2019-06-24 18:01:30)

@bookrage
Hit windows+R and type the following into run.
sndvol
Now you can lower the Warsim slider.  It's not a perfect solution as other sounds go with it, but beyond opening the music in an audio editor and manually lowering the volume it's what we've got for now.

And the fast battle sounds can be slowed down or turned off completely via the options menu, under the death sound system option which is a multi speed toggle.
I would really like that system more if it used a higher/lower pitch or another method to show which side was getting more kills, like Sound RTS does.

@KenshiraTheTrinity
Of course a sound for each race would be absurd, but, you could do general categories, such as humanoid, demonic, goblinoid, orclike, ETC, then possibly a few of the more obvious sub categories such as smaller or larger prefixes.  Of course the animals would be a crapshoot with all the weird ones included, and all the ones that make almost no noise LOL.

2019-06-25 07:20:32

I exactly meant what Defender said about the sounds in regards to the races and types. Sounds for categories and subcategories would be good.

2019-06-25 23:25:01

wondering if this could be something you could do.

If you got your spymaster high enough, you could get a rough percentage at any given time of how many units in an enemy army are of each type.

Why I think this should be something you could get is for the races where one unit is far more powerful than the others. Lagroki aren't too tough by and large, but their alphas are 480 which means they are pretty tough for an independent kingdom unit. I know there is stronger stuff, but just saying that if some armies are mostly low-end units, they would be really easy to beat, while if a kingdom or faction has a relatively high percentage of heavy hitters, things might be a lot tougher.

Corpse Lords have pathetically weak peasant units that are far weaker even than regular peasants, but whatever their highest ranking units are are not to be taken lightly.

Also, I might be shooting myself in the foot here, but I think there should be consequences to lying about dealing with goblins or bandits in your army. When the person comes in and says they don't believe in working with one of those groups, you have the option to say you'll do something about it. This defuses the problem even if you do nothing. I know they aren't very strong, but I use goblins and bandits when possible because units are units, but I think for realism's sake, you should get in trouble for lying about doing something about it.

Also, I've always had this problem, but where do you station men in the black market? I always take it from the bandits with ease, but then I don't know how to put guys there to defend it and the bandits take it right back.

2019-06-26 01:34:31

You put them in the watch tower at the central portion.

2019-06-27 05:02:38

Bookrage, when you control the black market, go to the central district, then go to manage the black market (or something like that), it'll be the last option in the central district. One of the options in there is to change the Garrison you have stationed there.

2019-06-27 10:43:21

@Bookrage, Thanks for that bugreport, it's a huge issue I didn't notice but all guard helmets bypassed the ascii system, there were 100s of them in the code I had to replace but just fixed them ready for the next update!

Chaos/Chaotic are races whose relation to everyone alters each turn, one minute they like you next they are sworn enemies! you will never have a lasting peace with them.

I agree alliances and stuff need to happen, this will come at some point!

You can get any race when you discover new kingdoms, so it's possible to get mountain were-beetles or any of the other 55.8 million possible things.

You can move on as long as at least 1 kingdom is dead and all living kingdoms are either vassals or allies.

@Darren, Good suggestion darren, I will make a note of this!

@Niklas, More sounds are always welcome, although I'm now having a little bit of an issue with the growing size of warsim, might have to start testing sound file compression to prevent the install folder getting too big haha

@Bookrage, hey bookrage you can already find out the units of a kingdom by speaking to your general and comparing the rankings of kingdoms you can see who has the most gold, the most tier 1 units, tier 2 etc

As for the Blackmarket as mentioned go to the central district and find the manage the market option, here you can change rules, set taxes, check taxes and add units

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0
Itch.io Version of Warsim (0.7) - https://huw2k8.itch.io/warsim

2019-06-27 14:42:54

okay, thanks for that help.

Also, I found a bug too.

I went to the lava pit and when I left, the sound of the bubbling lava didn't stop for a long time afterwords. I did a whole bunch of stuff in the North before it finally stopped, which took about half an hour. I think it finally stopped when I got my diploma for one of the guild of historian tests.

Not sure, but I might have been stack as well as I don't know how things work but I did sacrifice several peasants in rapid succession and thus I think perhaps it was just playing the lava sound and hadn't yet caught up, but I don't think adozen peasants ought to create a half-hour lasting lava noise, especially after you go to do other things.

2019-06-27 23:01:49

Hey cheers for reporting that bookrage, all fixed for the next update and you'll be credited for finding it!

Last Free Version of Warsim (0.6.8.7) - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewnm4cehswu6m … m.zip?dl=1
Steam version of Warsim (0.7) - http://store.steampowered.com/app/65954 … na/?beta=0

2019-06-28 17:02:12

does that lava pit changes anything?
or that whishing well, can you abel to get something out of them?

2019-06-28 22:04:17

oh, another bug or at least a text error.

On two separate occasions this time as I'm playing the newest version, an explorer sells me the location of a place in the east. It specifically said the east in the opening of the throneroom encounter but when I say "yes" it gave me a location in the south on both occasions.

I have no problems with locations in the south or anything, but I was expecting locations in the east because that is what it said it would give me.

2019-06-28 22:58:32

Hi. I have some ideas. First of all, why not change it so that you don’t have to hear the words enemy killed for every single enemy. Can you just have an option to activate that can show the numbers at the end of each battle?  Also, do you think you could please develop a race that is actually a virus that infects normal humans? You will not be able to undertake diplomatic missions with them. They will not be able to form alliances with anyone. They will only be able to attack you and other kingdoms. And everyone they kill will be added to their ranks.  They could be called the Gunnerish

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-06-29 18:03:05

One thing I both love and hate about this newer version is the widely varying power of some of the starting factions. The rebels were pathetic this playthrough with 2 starting lands and a tiny army. The Bandit horde on the other hand was crazy powerful and despite playing a low difficulty, they actually managed to take one of my lands from me. They lost a ton of guys doing it but they started being almost as strong as I was. This was actually pretty cool. I'm wearing them down now, but they were a threat for a while more than most things are.

2019-06-29 19:17:53

1 thing i'd like to see is that the amount of troups you send into a battle should reflect on the amount you can raid/capture. right now no matter how many troups you send in, you can only capture 1 land even if they have 1 tenth of your strength. that to me seems a bit strange. equally it would be good for you to consider your defense more if this was to be implemented.

2019-06-29 21:04:21

bug
there is no trapdoor reaction for this thrown room encounter
your guards bring forward a man who has been accused of trying                                                           to summon demons

2019-06-29 23:32:51

I suggest adding more bosses aside from the demon lord.

2019-06-30 00:31:29

there are a few others of a sort, when you get to the capitals of some of the factions, they have some tough guys in them such as the disgraced heroes for the bandits or the ogres and trolls for the goblin nations.

Also I am pretty sure the Ice Lord is a boss now, though not sure quite yet. You also have Kuva who is the strongest unit in the entire game, demons not excepted.

As for capturing 1 land at a time, I think that works. You are not attacking the entirety of an enemy's lands when you invade but are only attacking a specific one. Many enemies split their armees evenly between their lands, which is the thing at issue here. Even when you mow over them, you are only taking out part of their army in a corner of their lands rather than launching an attack on their entire holdings and just taking one land.

Also, something I never quite understood and would like to know. When it says the more men you send, the fewer you will have defnnding you, that means the more you send on end-of-turn attacks, those guys don't get counted in the event of a hypothetical time when you have to be on the defense in the same turn? Is that how it works?

2019-06-30 00:39:22

Also, do you think we could please choose our backstory?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-06-30 01:37:34

You can in a customizable game.

2019-06-30 10:53:16

get to ice lord?how do you

2019-06-30 13:20:05

to get to the ice lord, keep exploring in the North. currently I think the Ice lord is the 30th location overall and is the last thing you can discover in the far north.

2019-06-30 14:32:29

@Omer, yep after throwing 6 peasants in the pit you prevent the demons from gaining most of their new demonic recruits for that year. (I have changed it so that you get a little notification now though)

@Bookrage, thanks I just checked and found that basically the encounter from the south and west explorers were mislabelled as east, fixed the bug and will credit you!

@RTT, I'm looking into ways to skip battles as especially big ones can be a little tedious, I'll note the race idea down thank you!

@Bookrage, I'm glad you like it, I was debating a while back about how to make the starting factions feel more random, there are tons of possible starting scenarios now with the bandits and minor bandits and rebels! Glad to see you've had an interesting experience.

@Darren, yep it's been discussed before, I think the best idea would be that you still take one land per battle, but you can send more than one force out each turn depending on your size and your command, you could send an army led by ghorin pikener, then another led by your heroes and so on.

@Omer, strange I just checked the code and it definitely runs the trap door and I can't see a way it could do otherwise :S

@UltimateBlade, Mmm, I've had some ideas but I'll be keeping them secret for now until future updates!

@Bookrage, Koova is definitely a mini boss, the ice lord should definitely make an appearence at some point and there are some other plans.

And yep it's supposed to be that men sent can't defend but I'm reviewing the code at the moment

@RTT, as kenshira said you can choose your backstory in custom, but I think we need some more backstories soon smile

@Omer, the ice lord is in the tower far far to the north! smile