2019-06-28 07:46:00

Hi all,

Just discovered this site. It has a narrator mode for us, however when I try and actually play a game, I don't hear anything.

We also can't seem to create games with this. Keeps bringing me back to the play a story page when I attempt to get to the editor.

http://audioverse.io

Posting this in new releases because it's a new find and something is playable, but not to me at the moment.

2019-06-28 08:27:53

hello
after you press play button, wait 10 20 seconds and sounds will start
but i don't know what i must do because i can't do anything

let's rock!

2019-06-28 08:50:44

the games don't seem to be playable with the normal navigation methods, but I was able to start and play a little bit using NVDA's object nav. Although i stopped getting choices at some point and wasn't able to figure out what to do, and didn't bother trying for long, as this sort of game doesn't interest me much.
Also the narrator mode doesn't read out things to you or anything, but the games do have sound effects, or at least the one I tried had a storm ambience.

2019-06-28 09:09:30

sounds kind of cool, not surer how to play really.

Have a lovely day.

2019-07-01 22:19:04

So I tried the demo and this is how it works:
1. Hit enter on elements in the room, even if they are not links or buttons, they are all clickable and do stuff.
2. To get back to a menu before the one you are in, putting NVDA in input mode and pressing right arrow seemed to do the trick.

2019-07-01 23:07:00

the concept is cool. I hope to see this expanded out a bit to make the narrator mode more useful.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-07-03 01:52:47

What sorts of games can be played on that site?

2019-07-12 00:43:06

I figured out the narator mode. There seams to be a bug so if you activate it in register form, it don't works. You need to do that again in edit profile to make it working. Then it will speak through sapi. You have to put nvda in sleep mode for it to work though. I don't figured how to get to the editor till now, but maybe i will sooner or later.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-07-14 19:36:59

Hello everyone, I'm glad you're having fun trying out Audioverse and thought I'd give a little more info. We're still working on making our software as accessible as possible so please let us know if anything is not working as expected or if it could be working in a more accessible way.

Thank you simter for finding the bug enabling the narrator on signup. We will get this fixed, but for now you need to go into edit profile and enable it there. Our testing has shown that the narrator works best if you disable your screen reader when beginning a story, although ZoomText works very well alongside it. Our narrator passed our tests on every platform except for Chromium in Ubuntu. If you're still having trouble, try Firefox.

We've also received some interest in giving the editor more eyes-free accessibility. It was not built with this in mind, but we are looking into what we can do to make it so. Also note that new users do not have access to the editor automatically. We're granting access manually to anyone who we see has marked interest in building stories in their user profile, though you can also contact us directly to request access. Email us at [email protected] and redditors can join more in-depth discussions at https://www.reddit.com/r/Audioverse/

Thank you again for checking out our stories and we hope to have many new worlds for you all to build and explore soon!

2019-07-14 20:55:54

Hi. Thanks for this information, was wondering where the editor was gone. How ever you can click open editor in a story and this works, you just can't create your own ones. I marked that i am interested in my profile btw.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-07-29 14:48:41

I have question.
How to change volume of narrator?

meow meow.

2019-07-29 21:22:11

Hello! I've created my account today.. Any tips on how to best play the histories? I wasn't able to use the narrator yet.

2019-07-29 22:07:49

For some reazon, my narrator isn't speaking the choices our options, only on the main menu not on the game.

2019-07-30 03:24:53

BTW, Web is the best platform to interface with all types of screen readers, so web text to speech is not needed. I would say that any new content needs to go into an aria live region. I believe if all the content is in one region, it will only say the new content. This will allow screen reader users to hear what happens in the scene when it happens, rather than needing to check the whole screen to see what changed.
Also, if there was a role of link or button on elements that have actions, that would also really help.
If there was a heading separating new and old content, that would also be amazing.

2019-08-01 10:57:01

Hi.
I have problem with narrator.
Is for kwiet for me
Please add change volume option.

meow meow.

2019-08-01 20:27:00

alright so I got an account and narator wor mode works.
I can look around with the left and right arrow but I can not make the story go forward.
What do I do to take actions, enter only says no options.
I hit the limits of left and right and hear a bloop.

2019-08-01 20:38:10

You can press escape at any time to enter the main menu and navigate it using the up and down buttons and press enter to select an option. There you will find a narrator menu that lets you adjust the speed and volume of the narrator. We're also planning to make these options available in the user profile.

We've had trouble getting all screen readers to read the games as intended so the narrator seemed like our best option and find it to work flawlessly on most platforms. If anyone still has problems getting the narrator to work let us know what web browser and operating system you're using and we'll find a solution.

2019-08-02 16:35:50

@audioverce I'm using NVDA to read my screen, chrome to navigate and my os is windows 10. I'm having the same problems as Diego.

2019-08-02 18:11:59

To be able to change naration speed from profile would be welcome. It's so slow on my phone, but it does work well.

2019-08-05 01:32:37

@caio We have found that NVDA prevents Chrome from allowing the keyboard to control our interface. This does not appear to be a problem on Firefox. We see people are also disabling NVDA or putting it in sleep mode during the stories letting our narrator do all the work. I hope this information helps!