2019-05-31 08:50:36

And you know if the cat goes further than what it should, the game will be broken as I said

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-06-12 00:13:01

Okay, can someone please give me some tips to finish Stage 13? I got stuck at 13:4, and I've been putting it off forever because those aerial combat missions just make me nervous. And every time I do try to finish it, the plane crashes! I try to go at full-speed, 25, and bring those jets down, and at one point I almost had the battleship down but the thing destroyed my plane before I could finish him off!

2019-06-12 02:17:25

Go full speed while attacking it. Like this, go full speed and lock on the battle ship immidietly, fire at it using your missile. as soon as you pass the battle ship, turn around and fire at it again immidietly. do the same process 3 times or 4 and the battle ship will go down. have at list 15 k hp if you're doing it in normal mode.

2019-06-12 02:23:31

I discovered something new about this bk3. Do you know that when you are at lvl 25 and you are on the part where you have to type the 7 digits number on the puzzlebox, if you are a bit slow in typing just like me, just type the answer to the second question immidietly then the third. never mine the first question. So if it says 1000002, instead of typing 2000004, you can type instead the answer for the second question which is 4000008 and the 8000016 for the third question.

2019-06-12 02:30:20

In 13,4, you'll want to jump altitudes until the jets are destroyed by the battleship lasers. I don't know, but I think that those lasers shouldn't be a thing until you are allowed missiles. Because those lasers go across the map and you can't block them unless you have reflector missiles, which you can't get until you beat the stage. And you do only have 10k hp. So like 10 lasers alone, and you die. Not to say it's a problem or anything, but lasers do tend to be launched quite quickly from the ship.
Also I feel like some of the weapons should have a fixed maximum damage. My short, yeah short sword does 73 million damage in the highest difficulty and pretty much recks everything. I had to restart just to have fun slowly chipping away at health of some of the lower level enemies :d.

-
"There is beauty in simplicity."

2019-06-12 02:36:48 (edited by nyanchan 2019-06-12 02:37:36)

I admit that playing postgame contents literally breaks many things. I'm kinda having fun with it. Overflows are what I want to prevent possively though, I still want to enjoy 1742047388 damage on the other hand. Uh, you know.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-06-12 03:06:52

Yeah I know that's kinda fun. But I still don't think that a short sword should be doing like 73 million damage. Maybe make a few of the weapons like the laser or the laser sabor. Where they have fixed damage. Or maybe add some. Also how do you get the hyper boomerang? I don't know and can't figure it out lmao.

-

2019-06-12 11:35:25

Hi.
When I try to run the game, or any of the BK games for that matter, it says error startup failed.
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks in advance

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-06-12 12:59:22

If I'm remembering this correctly, you need to have a serton amount of lemmon in your inventory. After that, you can go to the stage 7 shop. When you leave, the guy should offer you the boomerang in exchange for the lemmon. At least that's how I think that works.

2019-06-13 22:07:43

I think it requires you to have beeten normal difficulty.
I'm not quite willing to bet on it, but it worked on my current playthrough.

2019-06-15 11:08:23

So I'm getting a new laptop soon and I just bought the official English translation. How do I install the translation in the game?

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-06-17 16:56:57

You got a zip file, right?
Unzip it.
There's a read me and another file in there, I think it has a .dat extension.
What ever it is, take it and copy it into the same directory as play.exe.
Then try to play and you should get a message.
Enjoy!

2019-06-18 08:29:22 (edited by angel_diva22 2019-06-18 08:30:43)

In case there is any confusion and so there isn't any, what he means by take it, is he means take the .dat file and put it in the game folder.

HTH, big_smile

2019-06-18 11:26:06

Hi.
Does anyone have an answer for my post @17?
Thanks in advance

2019-06-18 11:49:19

@rob, have you tryed redownloading the games? It's possible your downloads may have been corrupted somehow. If not, could you copy the exact text error? If it actually says startup failed, that's most likely a windows error, as all other errors produced by the bk3 games directly would usually output in jappaneese.

2019-06-18 13:13:44

@2823
(1) redownloading
(2) locale emulator
(3) change your system locale
(4) try using a different machine
(5) no idea
The error message doesn't help because it simply shows "startup failed". I can't fix this error because that means the game program isn't even loaded.

2019-06-18 19:34:25

I can confirm that it's a Locale problem, but strangely enough, it's when I have it set to Japanese.
When I run it on UK Locale, it's fine, on Japanese, I get the message: Error  dialog  Startup failed.
Any way around this? as I have games that require Japanese Locale, so I prefer to stick to that if possible.

2019-06-24 19:42:25

Hello.
This game is, umm, ok, in my oppinion, the best side scroller game in the whole audiogames world.
Seriously, its increadable.
Can you add a couple of enemies in the gold coins collecting mode, such as insects, bomber pods, undead hates, gakishonens, combat helicopter, small robots, etc.
And, when you select security carts, you my create a submenu in there, like, select cart type, and then, put all the carts types in there.
And, can we put different enemies at once?
For example, security jets and combat helicopters together?
Thanks.

2019-06-24 21:14:02

I agree with 2827 here. That'd be cool. Especially those moving mud thingies.

-

2019-06-24 21:28:04

I'd actually like to see that as well, not sure how easy it would be to do though, especially if you wanted to mix and match specific random enemy types.
But remember everyone, the game is on github for a reason... keeping suggestions in one place makes everything easier for the developer.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-06-25 21:53:25

I think a mode where you can select the size of the stages, then select how many of each enemy type are spawning would be better.
You could have presets that you can run, either in endless or challenge mode.
You could make a 1000 tile map with 3 stage 25.4 launchers, 3 2.4 launchers, 1 23.3 firestone, 2 21.4 large insects and 3 burners from stage 12.4.
It'd also be fun if you could set that fire stones with a certain level spawn like in 12.2.
That stage is kind of fun when the fireballs remove less than 1% of my health.

2019-06-28 02:10:27

Or, how about the possibility of a free play mode, where you have a random generating map full of enemies and items that get harder leveled as you kill.
Or if you wanted to fight a hoard of specific enemies, the map could be separated with doors, or even drops like in the stone 300 mini-game.
So for example, if I wanted to fight some lamps for whatever reason, I may go/drop to level 3 depending on if the enomies are in order of encounters.

2019-06-28 05:40:41

Hey nyanchan. I have been meaning to post and say that some of the statuses of the enemies aren't translated. Like security jets and lord dragons in flight aren't translated. Also I think that the return needle from needle launcher 10 isn't either. And when you hit something with a magical piece it says the damage but not by magical piece it just says something like this. 8000000 damage to Soldier by ????????. I know this stuff's being worked on, just posting to let you know about stuff that I've noticed.

-

2019-06-28 07:54:16

@2832
Thanks. I'll log the issue to where it should be.

2019-06-28 08:23:00

I keep saying, lol Github is a thing.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.