2019-06-22 17:02:55

I would produce the unlimited amount of food, because many people in the world have to hunger. So, at least this problem would be solved and it's not like all the already existing good food would magically vanish.

Would you rather:
a. Learn to use magic spells like in the Harry Potter series, using wands, brooms, potions and so on and casting spells without loosing any power or live force by doing so
b. Learn to use magic like Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings, a far deeper and more complicated magic which can have far greater effects on nature and the world, but which is far more dangerous to use and will sap your power?

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-06-22 21:36:03

a

2019-06-22 22:19:27

Yeah, I would choose the first obtion, I would have a broom, a wand and I could kill my maths teacher, I mean ahem...
Would you rather be always a 10 year old and know only basic stuff or know alot of stuff but grow in one year like 5?
For example, you are now 15, next year you are 20, so die 5 times faster.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-06-22 23:16:56

I didn’t understand anything but opsion 2
Would you rather jump off of the Mountain  or your voice changes and becomes like the main   Character of the bk   Series, for the rest of you’re life? Lol

2019-06-22 23:44:13 (edited by Ahng 2019-06-22 23:45:30)

I would rather jump off a mountain. I do like the bk3 series however. but jumping down a mountain doesn't mean it has to be long, just climb 3 steps up and say, I'm jumping off this mountain, jump and protend it hurts. then you wouldn't even do anything.. would you rather,
*kill the devil with a shit pile,
*turn the devil into a great guy who just wants to eat all the ice cream in the world

see ya later. Hope you don't fall off a roof.

2019-06-23 12:45:14

Well I'm not sure on that one.
Firstly, given that by all accounts Hell is a pretty sulphurous environment, even if the devil could be killed then its unlikely that any amount of excrement would actually inconvenience him.
Secondly, I suspect the devil already! wants to eat all the ice cream in the world, since that way nobody else would get any, and the entire human race would descend into anarchy due to lack of ice cream, I can see it now, some rich people baskin in their bunkers holding on to the last few precious drops of icecreamy goodness, while everyone else is robin each other big_smile. It would be hell on earth, hell  no way to cool down, so definitely something the devil would probably enjoy.

Of course all of this is presupposing the existence of said devil in the first place big_smile.

So honestly I don't know that one.

Okay, here is a question. Would you rather have the ability to instantly wish one person in the world to drop dead, or be able to heal one person of your choosing with a touch from any injury,  disease or disability.

Note that this power would only work for you once, so no becoming a super doctor or ltimate assassin. Also noe that there would be no repercussions either way, you would be neither lorded nor condemned, someone would just either drop dead or suddenly recover at your whim and that would be that.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-23 18:16:54

That's a hard one. If I could heel someone from some profound thing, I would. And yet, the power to wish someone dead may actually not bee quite what it seems. What I mean by this, is what if there happens to bee someone causing a lot of hell in this world, someone who, at a simple wish, could fall dead, never to bother any one again, rather it bee a country they ran with an iron fist for years upon years, or a hated figure from history, this power could have a profound effect on this world. And yet, in the end, what would it really do? In the end, what if Someone else just takes the place of the one you wished dead, I have actually seen this happen more than once. There for, in less I new, that my wish would actually change something for the better, I would rather have the ability to heel someone. Would you rather live in a desert where the sun always shines, but it is hot as hell, or in a place where the ice rules all, and the sun is not seen very much?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-06-24 12:52:22 (edited by Dark 2019-06-24 12:53:36)

That's an interesting one. I suppose I already live in a place where the sun is rarely seen, or at least where its usually seen through rain clouds big_smile.
However, I assume you mean the north or south pole.

So, if the choice was the pole or the desert, I think the desert would just win out.
It'd be more uncomfortable being hot than cold, and of course as a bit of a night owl anyway I wouldn't necessarily mind the long nights, the northern lights might even be pretty.
However, where it would be far harder to survive and get supplies at either of the poles, and far  difficult to live for a long period, it'd not be quite as hard to survive in the desert, heck many people already do and there are established routes for getting food, water, shelter and likely some luxuries too like internet connections, where as of course with the pole everything would need to be airlifted in, which could be bloody difficult.

So, I think the desert would just win out for supplies, although I suspect I'd probably do a lot of what I needed to do being up during the night and taking a Si ester during the day, rather than being like one of those sterreotypical Englishmen who are renowned for being  in the mid day sun big_smile.

Okay, here's a special harry potter themed one.
If you could have only one of the three deathly hallows which one would it be? The invisibility cloak, the Alder wand, or the resurrection stone.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-24 17:01:39

I don't remember much from Harry Potter, but even if I did I'd probably still say the invisibility cloak, only so I could run around and peep at women. tongue
Would you rather ...
Be really, really sick for 2 days, shitting and puking your insides out or,
Have the sniffles with achyness and a light headache for a month.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-06-25 17:00:54 (edited by Dark 2019-06-25 17:04:17)

Since I've just finished three weeks of sniffles and headaches, methinks I'd take the short and nasty option assuming I was completely better on the third day and none of the affects lingered.

Okay here is another one, if you had to choose, would you rather endure dehydration for three days, that is nothing whatsoever to drink, or sleeplessness for ten days, that is no ability to sleep whatsoever.

2019-06-25 20:47:09

3 days dehidration hands down, 10 days with out sleep is about enough to kill someone.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-06-27 10:51:02

no question!
would you rather
drink blood or eat bones?

2019-06-27 11:49:03

i would rather drink blood.
would you rather get $10000000 now or get $1000000000000 in 20 years?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-07-07 07:42:10

Well thought I ought to revive this topic.
Personally as regards the last question I'd rather have the ten mill now,particularly because if I put it in the bank the interest would probably accumulate to a lot in the next 20 years, and even if I didn't get the trillion, I could have a far more comfortable life over the next 20 years and after than I could not having it.

Now, if it was 10 thousand dollars now or a million in 20 years, that would be a harder proposition.

Okay here is another question once more from my Harry potter reading.

If you could have a devoted slave who would do everything you told them, would you rather have a house elf from the HP tradition, or an Asimov style robot.
The house elf would be forced to obey your instructions out of magic, but manifestly how well it did what you wanted it to and how literally it took the instructions would depend  how nice you were to it, also obviously you'd be enslaving a sentient being at that point.

An asimov style robot would be bound by the three laws of robotics so would not start a robot uprising or similar, and would obey your instructions literally, however it wouldn't necessarily have its own initiative or creative ideas, EG you could ask it to cook whatever you fancied for dinner, but it woudn't make suggestions off its own bat or surprise you with a new recipe.

for me this would be a slightly tough one, and come down I think to whether having a kindly but devoted servant was better or worse than having a none sentient but boring one.

2019-07-07 10:04:01

hello,
i would rather have a robot. i dont have a question sooooooo.

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-07-07 11:03:42

Would you rather use dictation but not be able not able to type or not use dictation asshole?
Lol i meane at all not asshole. Stupid dictation

2019-07-07 11:44:45

uh. i dont know what you mean.

2019-07-12 07:53:17

Hmmm, not really sure on that one there Mazen, I assume you mean if I could only choose one, would I choose typing or dictation.
Easy for me, typing. Not only have I typed far longer than I used dictation, but its bloody difficult to edit documents with dictation, even assuming the dictation works all of the time, which it manifestly doesn't, indeed the only time I use dictation is making text messages on my phone.

Okay here is an interesting one. One day the devil appears and offers you a bargain. You can have a day of personal good luck, but only if you specify that someone else recieve a day of amazingly bad luck.

Alternatively, you can take the bad luck on yourself, in return for giving someone you know a day of good luck.

The person in either case has to be someone you know, and someone you've met in RL. Furthermore, the good and bad luck cannot result in either your or the other person's death or permanent physical injury.

So, which would you do?

2019-07-12 09:40:02

At first I thought this was going to be an easy one, keep the good luck for myself and give the bad luck to a criminal/corrupt politician etc, until you mentioned it has to be someone I know. Personally I can't say I actually know anyone who deserves bad luck, so I guess it would depend on who needs the good luck the most or who can afford the bad luck the most. I'm probably in a relatively good position at the moment still being a university student, while other people I know are done and struggling to find jobs, so I suppose I would take the bad luck and let someone else have the good luck. I mean if it can't cause my death or permanent damage then what's the worst that can happen? Not sure if that also means the good luck can't cause permanent positive change (for example finding a job that lasts beyond the day).
So this is something a friend and I discussed the other day, and has real life relevance. Would you rather live in a country where you are safe from things like crime or other forms of random violence (so being able to walk the streets at night without needing to be afraid of being murdered/raped etc), but have no freedoms or democracy with the government having strict control (for example criticism of the government could lead to your arrest), or the reverse, i.e. being free and democratic but not being safe?

2019-07-12 10:02:50

the problem though, is that if the government had that sort of strict control, and for example you'd be arrested for cryticising them, you probably would be under just as much danger if not more of being murdered, raped etc by government employees as by criminals, look at the  stuff that happened to people in various totalitarian regimes.

On the other hand, if by "freedom and democracy" you mean actual freedom and Democracy, Ie a system whereby people had an actual say in the government and the means of production, as  opposed to what we have now, then the answer is obvious, since if people had more actual power in society rather than just working for the corporate overlords, and more steak in the communities they create you'd probably see far less crime and random violence anyway.

If on yet another hand, you simply mean what we have now vs a more zealous pro government police force, then I'd probably still go for what we have now, though its also worth noting that we're probably heading for a brave new world situation where cryticism of our corporate masters will result in instant punishment anyway.

2019-07-12 10:37:45

The bit about the danger from crime just being replaced with danger from government people was actually my argument as well, but the other person basically said that you would be safe as long as you minded your own business and didn't try to oppose them. The freedom wasn't as much having everyone more involved in the economy (although I agree that would decrease crime as more well-off people are less likely to commit crime than people who struggle more). It's basically just what is more important to us between freedom and safety. Not that they are necessarily mutually exclusive in reality, but there are several countries that I can think of that have one but not the other.
I actually don't agree we're heading in a direction where criticism of corporates or any other kind of authority will result in negative consequences, in fact it seems to me that we're going in the opposite direction where criticism in general is considered more acceptable and attempting to punish critics would draw a very strong reaction. This might not be true everywhere in the world though, just seems like the general trend from my perspective in my little corner of the planet.