2019-06-15 18:48:30

I'm only speculating, because noone has mentioned that it's a one off play. But I could be wrong. And yes, I suppose you could use a meriad of apps to figure it out. Be my eyes, for instance.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-06-15 18:59:54

I know this is an old piece of topic, but for all the people who were struggling with the aka neogeo titles. Remember that this is anarcade emulation, which means you still have to virtually insert coins. You get past the initial screens by pressing the confirm button, whether tha be x or A depending on console. Then pres the equivalent to the options / menu buttons. You should then hear the neogeo logo, and the game's intro should start. Press left bumper / l1 to insert a coin, then press the options / menu button again. You should then be at the character selection screen. Keep in mind for older neogeo titles, the A button is confirm, so in this case would be the square button on the ps4 or the xbox1 equivalent, not sure if it's x or y because I don't remember which corresponds to what.

2019-06-16 10:55:07

Hi.

ah, I am still hesitant if I should pick up the game or not.

Problem is, I never played a SS game before, so again a completely new fighting system there.

Also, if the game lacks any singleplayer content, that would be the next gripe for me, I am not much of an online gamer because I'm mostly not training day by day to get at leased some skills going, to me it seams that online you only meat those who are experts at the game already.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-16 14:29:41

Hi,
For single player, you'll have:
Story, which will let you pick a character and go through their journey but remember the voicing will be in Japanese.
Gauntlet, I don't know about this yet
Survival, I'm assuming similar to other survival modes where you battle against enemies but if you are knocked out, that's it.
Time Trial, according to trophies there will be a way to extend the clock in this mode. I don't know any more than that.
Tutorial
Training (a.k.a: practice)
and of course ghost battles I think it might be called dojo, and there's the ironman ghost challenge where you battle against 100 ghosts.

2019-06-16 18:39:41 (edited by assault_freak 2019-06-16 18:57:24)

No... you definitely don't meet exclusively experts online. lol Most games match you with people who have similar skill level, and there are also casual matches which don't count for anything. And in my opinion, not picking up a game just because you've never played one and it's a new system is just selling yourself short of a possibly good experience, but that's again just my opinion. Singleplayer content I can understand if you are determined not to play online, but in the current generation of fighting games, again that's just part of the nature of the genre now. I would advise passing on this one if those are your two main concerns. Gauntlet is probably similar to arcade mode, and to be fair, most trophies will be obtained ofline, so that's something, at least. I don't play online all the time, but definitely do so occasionally. Singleplayer content is all wel and good until you finish it all, then the game loses its value unles you play online for me. lol Or if you have friends to play against locally. Most online players don't spend every day in training mode. Pro players who go to competitions do that. big_smile

2019-06-17 06:25:24

@simba, sorry if that last post was a little to honest. I just find too many people, on this forum and others, drop fighting games just because they don't have a lack of single player content which simply makes very little sense to me. Why play a fighting game, the one genre of game that was originally designed for multiple people to gather around and play, if all you will do is play against AI? But again, that's my opinion, and I know I'm in the minority there, so wanted to appologize to anyone who may have felt my post was a little too opinionated.

2019-06-17 06:51:54

Hi.

At Assault I think you got me a little wrong there.

I don't find a new fighting system bad at all, I actually like that it is something new and a bit slower and tactical. My gripe about online gaming is that the few times I tried it out, the other side could just spam a combo or attack over and over again and I couldn't do anything which sort of lowered my wish to play online considerally.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-17 07:44:07

I understand that frustration. But if your opponent spams a combo, then it's up to you to find a way out of it, or ask people for tactics on how to get out of something. lol And I promise you that on day 1, this game is going tobe inhabbited by new players... and so if you pick up the game on the same day as anyone else, you'll have more of a chance to play online. I'm sorry I misunderstood your point. The good news is that in any fighting game, the players who spam one combo over and over tend to be the easiest to beat.

2019-06-17 10:45:13

I think this is going to be quite hard to spam, unless they start sweeping you down over and over again I have not found out how to do a sweep/knockdown yet, nor how to block one, however saying that, I think you have to be in quite close, so you can just move back out of range and try another tactic. This game is not the kind of game that lets you do combo after combo either.

2019-06-17 19:24:23

It's true. Even if you just block, everything in this game is very punishable. Spamming will get you nowhere, your opponent doesn't even have to be an execution master when it comes to fighting games. Common sense is best in this one.. and if memory serves and it's the same as the others in the series, a sweep is done either with df+ heavy slash or df+ kick, likely both.

2019-06-18 08:39:15

And the input lag is now no longer an issue! At least, not any more of one than it is on any other game.
https://twitter.com/WydD/status/1140665092205424640
Only a couple of weeks after being notified, the day one patch wil reduce the game from 8 frames of input lag down to 4 frames. No more need to fear! For reference, other acclaimed fighting games like KOF XIV and SF V have the same amount of lag, and in Capcom's case, it took them a grand total of three years to fix their own identical problem.

2019-06-25 14:36:38

Well, it's release day! Xbox1 owners have been able to play it since midnight, and ps4 owners will be able to play at 8 AM PST. I unfortunately won't be able to do a day 1 stream or recording as I planned, but once I get issues with my capture card sorted I will most likely be trying to break into streaming with this title!

Impressions from reviewers so far suggest that if what you are after is just a gamethat involves fighting through dozens and dozens of single player modes, then your time should not be wasted on this game. But if you're wanting high risk, high reward gameplay different from the combo heavy and flashy fighting games that are around right now, this game definitely stands above the crowd in that aspect! smile

2019-06-25 19:43:12

I do not currently have a menu guide as of yet, as I haven't launched the game for the first time so I don't know what happens at startup. I have, however, asked around on EventHubs to see if anyone might be able to write back with a startup guide.

2019-06-25 20:30:34

Hi.
Ah shit, this is hard man, I still don't know if I should get it or not. I still have to wait anyway because I am on pc, but still ... As I said, the gameplay sounds intriguing and if it's not that simple to get caught up in a combo online, I am willing to try my hand at this.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-25 22:08:11

Hi all,
So I've got some great news! Someone on EventHubs is going above and beyond. They're not only putting first time startup but they've done the main menu, said where the cursor is and everything. They said they're next going to work on the submenus. I've said thanks so far and asked if I'm aloud to put their guide here.

2019-06-26 00:06:05

That is amazing.. glad someone is willing to do that and thanks for finding that resource! Still wanting to tream this game... I've been playing it on everyone's ps4 accounts but my own, just so I can do a proper first time run on my own account. Can't wait for this to be available! And having played it for an hour, this game is as punishing as I said. One misjudged hit will leave you wide open to eating a big one!

2019-06-26 01:28:36

hi,
i don't have time to write the wall of text i want, but for now,
Definitely getting it for steam when it becomes available, having played every game in the series, loved ss 4 especially.
for those who finished the story/arcade mode, do you find the boss difficult? i watched a playthrough on youtube and she seems hard to beat but who knows...

bokura no daibouken 2 by yukionozawa. installer:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/897 … _setup.exe
bokura no daiboukenn 3 by yukionozawa. download page:
http://www.nyanchangames.com/softs/nn3.html

2019-06-26 03:30:07

@simba
I'm pretty casual myself, I don't play online fighters so I either do couch versus or singleplayer. I'd recommend you pick this up... it really is different from any other modern fighter I've been playing.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-06-26 16:30:38

The boss took me quite some time to beat for the first time. It's a sort of whale on the boss kind of affair, but also, sort of not. If you aren't careful you can really, really be punished here. There are some things you can do that helps but I don't want to say too much just yet.

2019-06-26 18:25:13

For anyone who might need it, I found this.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-06-27 04:56:11

Sorry if it was mentioned here already…
Not sure if this is the case for PC and Xbox but at least on the PlayStation store the season pass is free to download at the moment. Even if you don’t have the game .

So if you didn’t pre-order, like me, but plan on picking the game up at any point ...

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil

2019-06-27 07:53:34

The season pass is only free to download before June 30th, iyrc, but only to those who purchased the game before that date. Unless there is a glitch... anyone who buys the game before that day will get the season pass for free.

2019-06-27 07:56:38

Also, Aaron, if you could see if whoever doing the menu guide from eventhubs is willing to provide instructions for tutorial mode, if not the full text, that'd be great as well!

2019-06-27 14:18:47

I've got some different, but still related, news. The Samurai Shodown soundtrack is shipping to me. This was actually quite hard to find, and it is apparently the new one.

2019-06-27 19:29:55

I haven’t purchased the game and I just downloaded the season pass for free  on PSN.

https://www.destructoid.com/psa-samurai … 8712.phtml

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil