2019-06-25 22:31:00

Hi all,
Well dropbox now has a completely new UI. It seems to be halfway accessible however.
The tabs read, and the new notifications feature also reads. However, I can't find a way to interact with the notifications. Pressing the applications key does nothing, right clicking with nvda plus numpad multiply does nothing. There is also a button in the window after each notification, that I am not sure what it is, that is labeled "onboarding button pulsar" or something like that. When I clicked it, it seemed to disappear, but the notifications remained, so I don't even know what I've done. There are also a couple of unlabeled buttons, buttons that say got it, and no way to OCR the window or find out what's going on. So, the buttons are labeled but I don't really think it's very interactive at the moment. I hope this can improve, or am wondering of the NVDA devs can do anything about it, but also, it'd be better if there's more general improvements for all screen reader users.

2019-06-25 22:38:41

Honestly I wouldn't even bother using the regular dropbox app to look at notifications and things, just go to your system tray and click action centre. That should give you all the info you need in a far more accessible and less clunky way. Also, if you haven't already, I'd highly recommend getting speak dropbox. It's a very useful little program that speaks your dropbox status, like up to date, downloading / uploading files, etc as it changes, and you can also optionally have it play sounds and make soundpacks for it as well.

2019-06-25 23:04:55

When I open action center, it just shows some sort of security group. I am using windows 7 and I can't seem to find any dropbox notifications in there. I am now wondering what would be the best way to check what files have been recently added in the folders that I am a part of.

2019-06-26 01:30:09

2, where could I get that programme?

2019-06-26 07:45:18

Hello
@4, you can get it
Here

2019-06-26 07:46:29

@4 http://valiant8086.com/applications/speakDropbox/
Best regards.

2019-06-26 12:47:11

@3 and @2, windows seven does not have the notifications in the action center like windows 10. MS tried to copy apple a bit when it came to the notifications. I have not really found the notifications in the drop box app itself all that useable for a while. From the best I can tell, the got it Butten is there because they are telling you of the new changes. Hit that button and it should go away. I am currently use JAWS on the system.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2019-06-26 14:27:40

I have windows 7, and to check the recently uploaded files i click with the application button on the dropbox icon that appears near the clock icon. It shows me a menue, i go down with the arrows and there's a voice called recent files. Go right with the arrow and you see all the recent uploads. Hope it helps.

2019-06-26 16:26:02

@siria I think this has recently changed in the UI. It now brings up a full on dialogue with a metric ton of stuff in it including a search.
You can find out your space remaining by tabbing until you see "click to access dropbox settings" and pressing enter. Then it shows you your account name, space remaining etc as you start tabbing. Recently changed files seems a bit weird you have to go to "team activity" to see your recently changed files now if it was someone else that changed it. It's really clunky.

2019-06-27 10:05:20

Ah, ok! I'll check it out tonight, since I tend to use that feature a lot. Thanks for the info.