2019-06-14 22:41:27

The temporary fix works for me.

2019-06-15 12:34:11

I pushed 2.03. Please! Weird errors! Go to hell!

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-06-16 10:16:23

Cool, it works for me now, nice work!

2019-06-16 10:26:29

Errors has been fixed for me. thanks nyanchan.
I have a question, when I install any up coming version. shall I delete the screaming strike 2 file? or can I just go threw the normal installation process and it'll update automatically?

2019-06-16 10:43:06

Both will work. You can delete the entire folder before installing if you want to make sure that no unnecessary files are left there. Deleting the folder will not erase your progress unless you're updating from 2.00 to higher one, since they are saved in appData from 2.01.

2019-06-16 19:37:01

When I was playing on arcade mode, game slosed. I had more than 4000000, it was first time.

2019-06-16 21:02:51

This version finaly worked. thanks

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-06-18 13:50:03 (edited by meiffert 2019-06-18 13:50:32)

Nyan remember, don't  clear the score board please,  now on the top of the list is a big funny competition.
You wrote you think about scoreboard.

2019-06-18 15:31:48

Unfortunately, the next reset will be Jul 1st 0:00. I'll keep updating the "highest score ever" here, since some people requested it.

2019-06-18 20:13:48

Ok, I have a suggestion, its maybe stupid, but, it'll help any player.
Well, what happens when you get a distruction, then that distruction gets another distruction?
It excecutes the second distruction after sevral seconds from the first one.
So, what happens is, if you got two distructions, you get the second one as a special mov*, which can be activated by hitting control.
Or you may do it the other way, like creating an item, which is a special move, so, punch to get it, then you'll have the oppertunity to use it whenever you are in danger.
Note that if you got a special move item, let's call it SM, no other Sm items will spawn til the obtained SM is excecuted.
That was my suggestion, I know its stupid, but, I think other players may need this.
Thanks again for this awesome game.
Oh wait, where are the screams folder located?

2019-06-19 02:13:52

Actually, the game already does it. Destruction items obtained by a destruction effect are stored, and automatically used when you're in danger.

2019-06-19 23:26:47

This was a fun game, but now mine won't start. i am running 2.3. after i updated to it, the game just wouldn't launch.

2019-06-20 03:57:06

Honestly, I have no idea. Why other python games don't have such a problem?

2019-06-20 05:10:36

Well, you have a couple of ways to deal with that.
Either reinstall the game or reboot your momputer.
This is definetly wierd.

2019-06-20 11:32:13

When I got a lot of bonus on arcade mode the game disapeared,. I didn't errors.

2019-06-20 21:30:34

I can't run Screaming Strike on my new Windows 10 computer. Apparently the game needs English U.S Locale to run in English, and since I'm Australian, we didn't pick that during setup. Is there a way that can be changed in a new version?

2019-06-21 03:45:27

I'll try to add more safeguards that will avoid choosing nonexistent locales in the game.

2019-06-24 23:39:41

Ehh I understand some players are better than others, but....
1, text monster, 16019459439, 2019-06-23 14:28:24
What a pity some people can cheat, I like competition but without cheaters.

2019-06-25 02:29:03

I think he cheated, but there's no way to prove it. That's one of the reasons I have all scoreboards reset every 3 months.

2019-06-25 19:49:44

Hi,
Will the game get an achievement/trophy system? After I've unlocked all of the collection, I don't really know what I'd be able to do. Yep, I can chace high scores which will be quite fun, although I do seem to get a bit stuck. I've learned that enemies need to step 16 times before you hit them successfully, and I think a higher distance gives more accuracy. But sometimes if I wait trying to go for accuracy it's a real big risk as I'll just end up being surrounded and slapped pretty quickly. Do slaps count toward hit streek losses, or can I just let someone slap me and go for the next enemy to continue my hit streek/consecutive hit bonus streek?

2019-06-26 01:37:38

At the moment, there's no plan for adding achievements.

2019-06-27 20:29:44

what you could do to fight cheating is to see whether the amount of points they gained could have possibly been gained, knowing how many kills that he had. Like if you had 800 kills there is no way you could have gotten 16 billion points. That way it's at least more difficult because the cheater has to modify several variables instead of just one

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2019-06-27 21:23:49

Well you can add us english in settings.
I have us english in settings.
I have nz english in settings.
Remember that not all languages have all the features.
English nz has english uk as a base.
So I have english nz and english uk installed.
Most international stuff is us, I'd go and add a language not a display one but a regular language and install us.
Its easy to do.

2019-06-28 02:30:55 (edited by nyanchan 2019-06-28 02:31:32)

@197
I thought of posting game stats as well to prevent cheating, but I used the common scoreboard system, and it didn't support long external data. I chose not to modify that script at that time because I wanted to prioritize the game release. Hmm.

2019-06-28 05:09:48

you don't need to post the stats. Just run a function that evaluates whether the person could have achieved the score he did with the stats, and if it couldn't have been, then it can't be posted. The score posting would remain exactly the same. But you can only post if the game determines that you couldn't have cheated. Of course, there are ways around this, by locking the game's timer so that you can modify multiple values at the same time, but it's really not worth it much. You could make it so that each score remains on the board for a certain period then disappears, similar to how the Oh Shit scores work. In that game, a score stays up for 7 days after which it is removed, allowing people's names to show up but then they have to show consistency to stay there. You wouldn't have to reset the scoreboards after 3 months this way.
There's probably also a way to generate a unique computer ID, which you could transfer along with the score, and that way you could block computers of  cheaters so that their score postings would be rejected if they managed to figure out how to modify the numbers in such a way that they could illude the cheating checker. But you probably don't have to go that far.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!