2019-06-22 18:22:08

what I have:
* A Linux server with a 193 day uptime, who's only reason for a reboot very shortly is to patch the CPU zombie load vulnerability
* A control panel, for those for whom the command line is slightly more than panic inducing--and because you're not calling me at 4:00 AM to create you an email address
* A completely locked down userspace, where absolutely nothing you do can interfere with anything else on the server--and if it does, it's probably because you're doing something you're not supposed to
* More Linux, database and related security experience than anyone should have any right to admit to

What you have:
* An idea for a web project, or gaming project, and the means to develop it--I will host you, but I will not code for you
* Your own domain name--you can purchase it yourself, or pay me to purchase it for you
* A damn good reason why I should host you--this is important, "because I want one" is not a damn good reason
* The common sense understanding that I will let you do whatever you please with your userspace, provided it's not 1: illegal, 2: impacting anyone else on the server (no taxing the hell out of the system's memory because it's fun), 3: causing problems for anyone else on the internet/the server's network, or 4: otherwise going to get me shut down

If this is you and you think I can help, I'm not hard to find. If you have to ask yourself if this is you, it's probably not you. So, let's talk. Or not. But the offer's there. Have fun.

2019-06-22 21:21:56

Hi. I really want to start a new podcast. Unfortunately, I am not able to purchase a domain name but I am able to develop the webpage. The reason why I would want you to host it is because I really want to give back to this community and develop something that everyone can enjoy. Something that someone could use to get assistance without having to wait for a reply or having to ask anybody.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-06-22 21:22:52

Do you know of any free hosting services that I could use if I can’t get a domain name?

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-06-22 22:24:35

Get a tk domain, they are free.
I guess the website is freenom, not sure though.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-06-22 22:32:15

so can we connect to this or is it just a hosting thing: because for thoughs people out their who can't get a vps, people could use it to host things on it

my discord: gamer20#7735
my keybase, note you will need the keybase mac, linux, or windows client to access it: k:\public\theblindgamer50
if you also wish to contact me on telegram, you can do so by going to this link: http://t.me/theblindgamer50
have a nice day!

2019-06-23 00:56:00

@martsales: This is for when you actually have a project (a game server or web project) that needs a server to host. It is, from my understanding, a shared resource, so it isn't exactly a VPS where your server is for you and you alone. You have an isolated userspace, but you too are sharing other resources with a server, and no this does not mean a massive datacenter with numerous satellite-nodes, so keep all those things in mind when deciding what all you want to throw at the server.
Tetris-Monster @RTTEntertainment: If it's just a podcast you want, then why not host it on a dedicated podcasting service such as podbean or libson? What you need is probably easily manageable via a podcast host rather than a full blown userspace on a server. Besides, it may quickly become tedious to manage a feed from scratch.

2019-06-23 02:36:29

@2, 3: There are free services, as 6 mentions. You don't necessarily need your own domain name for your podcast. You also don't need me.
@5: Well, I mean you can connect to it, but unless you know how to use Linux it'll do you very little good as-is. Now, whether or not people can connect to whatever it is you decide you want me to host for you, that's entirely up to you.
@6: You're spot-on. I have but one server, which is why if you start maxing out resources I start throwing things. But that one server can handle just about anything you throw at it, so long as what you throw at it is reasonable. So no, we won't be mining for bitcoins today.

2019-06-23 21:05:46

Ah, that is ashame. I so happened to have this site that I was going to have you host that has a bitcoin mining script included. You see, I was going to have this audiogame site hosted where all the band members of this site could go. Yes, you got it right. I was going to use the computers of the visiters to this site to mine bitcoins. Then I was going to turn around and pay you in bitcoins. Oh well, bitcoin mining is out of the question. LOL. What, I had you believing that I was thinking about doing that? Figure I would poke fun at the whole idea of using it for bitcoin mining.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2019-06-23 21:50:26

Hi.

Lol CW, you think those computer of the people who are banned would even have the slightest chance of having enough power to mine bitcoins? They probably can't even run video games decently, but certainly an interesting idea xD.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-23 23:43:54

@8: You joke, but this is a thing. Or was. By the way, TPB doing it is how we learned exactly how much of a piss poor idea it actually is.

@9: I keep some of my opinions to myself on this site because the way moderation's going I could end up banned tomorrow. My machine could more than handle bitcoin mining. Of course I have this thing so locked down that good luck doing it remotely, but the point stands.

2019-06-24 00:06:15

Just sayin, this would be a perfect opportunity for someone to replace anyaudio with something allot better and not have to pay for server costs.

2019-06-24 13:25:39

agreed

2019-06-24 13:41:17

Yes, an audio uploading/sharing platform that's name isn't anyaudio so people can't use it against the author, and with stricter rules and moderation.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-06-24 13:51:45

While I'm not experienced enough with SQL and PHP to be a main dev on the project, I can help with HTML and moderation if needed. But if this idea is going to take off, someone's going to have to spearhead the project.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-06-24 14:20:28

I don't think anyone is doing anything serious right now aside from their UP clones and so forth.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-24 15:34:06

The way copyright policy's going world-wide, and that's not even counting article 13/17 in the EU, you're going to have to try really freaking hard to convince me to host the next Anyaudio. The service might be useful, but I do not want that DMCA sized monkey on my back, thank you much.

2019-06-24 22:53:59

Surprised it hasn't hit anyaudio itself, though that's probably because the thing isn't *yet* being spotted as easily by the search engines like a g net is. Nevertheless, Anyaudio itself needs a 24/7 moderation panel, or some automated...oh wait you can't, because you don't have content id like Youtube does, which goes after copyrighted content 10 times as fast as it does actual harmful content (really Youtube?).

2019-10-21 12:00:13

Giving this topic a poke, as I've had interest in the offer offsite.