2019-05-16 07:13:35

I will do that and see what happens.
in the meantime, and another little interesting thing, not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but there is no explanation anywhere...
It turns out that when you turn the orbit reader off and store it, if you have not used it for say, a couple of days it turns on and off randomly, like really quick I guess to refresh the cells, it does this twice very quickly, and this has startled me at night hahahaha
there is actually no predefined time, it just happens very randomly and lasts for about 4 seconds or so. I have noticed this does not happen when battery is about or below 50%.
Maybe this is a self-regulating thing? a temperature and weather thing...
aside from this no quirks or issues at all.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-05-16 07:29:01

Hi.
Yes, I'm going to ask the tech support about this random display refreshing thing. It is quite weird. smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-06-24 03:21:08

Hi all, still about the grade 1 and grade 2 in Orbit. Suppose if you open a txt file, will it automatically convert the text into grade 2 contracted braille?
This has been on my mind for some time, and something in consideration as whether or not to buy the Orbit Reader or not. I would personally prefer grade 2 braille by default, and more support for other file format which illiminate the need for conversion.

2019-06-24 05:24:41

nope, no conversion at all. Get braille blaster or a rather mediocre script APH created called send to braille for getting English only grade 2.
Other languages and so on will have to be done manually or using software. Oh, and also, tech support will not even bother to respond to anything, so don't even consider it if you plan to have good support or wish to be treated well as a quote valued customer. Aside from this, device works wonderfully.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…