2019-06-15 17:30:55 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2019-06-15 17:32:08)

Hi,

I've recently been using the forum email function a lot, but can't tell if the emails are being sent because I get error 400. Can someone confirm if it actually does work?

Edit: Fixed spelling error in topic subject.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-06-19 04:33:03

hi,

sendermen wrote:

Dear everyone, I've disabled the option to subscribe to posts since it caused a problem in our host (it probably triggers error as a result of many bounced messages). We'll look into this!

check the stickied change log topic. it is post 32.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-06-21 11:07:21

I don't think he talks about that. He talks about sending emails to forum members. It does work if you put in https:// in the address bar, of the beginning of the error page.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-06-24 02:29:16

So emails are being sent?

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-06-24 16:01:25

Yes

I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-06-24 16:11:42

My server logs disagree with that answer. the audiogames forums aren't even trying to send email. Possibly intentional, possibly not, but definitely true.

2019-06-27 16:22:40

So... are emails being sent or are they not? lol We seem to have some conflicting answers.
For me specifically, I'm wondering about the email link that sends an error 400. I know emails from the forum itself have been disabled.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-06-27 18:33:25

Well I sent an email and the receiver confirmed that it was received. Just put in https:// in the address bar of the error page. I guess the forum emails are the subscription ones, not the actual emails we send.