2019-06-22 16:56:47

Hello,
quick question: can Daysgone be played? I heard there is an auto aimer to the objectives, and I know that character mentions items when he is near them. I really want to play that game as I am very impressed by it. No post-apo game impressed me that much.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-06-23 00:45:15

Days gone is played in third person in an open world environment, not unlike Red Dead Redemption, GTA 5, Saints Row, etc. You can warp to given locations on the map under certain conditions, like finding points to warp to first through exploration, having enough fuel, etc. but the majority of gameplay centers around your motorcycle, which you have to periodically refuel and repair with scrap and gas cans you scavenge, or buy from camps by doing jobs for them. Money is also not carried over between camps, by the way. Navigating the environment also involves driving around at times dense swarms of infected, dealing with bandit and sniper traps, around rough terrain, water, cliffs, destroyed bridges, etc. Assuming a directional marker for objectives to orient on, getting there could still prove challenging, and getting around the map without your motorcycle is not advised. Some sections involve sneaking and avoiding characters to get to the objective, Nero personel for example, or exploring cave systems, though most objectives could be considered fetch quests, kill orders, or bounty hunter work. Then there's combat, which can have stealth elements for take downs and such, aiming, etc.

If your considering playing it, expect to encounter similar challenges found in other third person open world games.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-06-23 10:42:03

I know all of that, I know the story pretty well. Yeah, I'm really much tempted to try it!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-06-23 10:48:42

BTW, mind describing one thing for me?
How does these NERO checkpoints work? Deacon has to cut off power to the security speakers, then he runs a generator, but what does this generator open? From what I know, these NERO points are all outside

2019-06-23 11:01:30 (edited by magurp244 2019-06-23 11:05:12)

The Nero checkpoints are like mobile labs, small buildings with locked powered doors. They have permanent stat upgrades in them, along with audio logs and loot. The only way to open them is to power the generator, which also activates any speakers you haven't cut which draw the infected.

Best of luck on your post apocalyptic adventure if you decide to give it a shot.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-06-23 11:50:49

Ah OK. I thought so, because when deacon enters, the floor is metal-like. Thank you.