2019-06-22 11:22:13

Hi. I was wondering if someone could please record something for me. I am starting a new podcast. No, not on my YouTube channel. I’m starting an actual real podcast. The only problem is, I need an intro.  Can someone possibly record the following lines. Welcome to this edition of Gortcast! And now for your host, the Tetris monster! Do you think you could please also put a little filter on it if possible. If not, I’ll handle that. Thanks in advance. Also, does anyone know where I can get some good intro music? Something that I could talk over as well. Also, do you know where I can get a sound that I can play when I skip  to another segment of the show? Thanks in advance.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-06-22 13:15:41

Also, where exactly would I be able to upload my podcasts?

2019-06-22 15:09:11 (edited by kianoosh 2019-06-22 15:09:27)

Hello. Can't help with recording, But Visit this topic if you need some useful fx real quick. just don't forget about the licencing:
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/1900 … 00-tracks/

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-06-22 16:05:05

Thanks. I’ll check those out real quick.

2019-06-22 16:43:55

What sort of intro music bed are you looking for? What genre, feel, etc? Does it need to loop, or have a specific duration and so on?

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2019-06-22 20:12:49

Hi. Thanks so much for the reply. I managed to find some intro music that I can use. I have yet to try it with the podcast. Also, what would you recommend for a good podcast intro? The podcasts name is gortcast. The host is the Tetris monster.

2019-06-22 20:23:37

This is what I will use for the intro voice clip. This is the music that will go along with it. https://youtu.be/3_arh6dpYdg

2019-06-22 20:42:31

If I were doing this myself, I would have a generic tag line that I would start with, then fade up the music for a few seconds - possibly with some sound effects, and then I would have a short blurb which describes very briefly what content you will feature in the current episode, then perhaps another sound effect alongside which the music fades out, and then you start. There are many many ways of doing it so the above is merely a suggestion.

By the way, you know that you have to purchase a license for the track you linked to, right? I haven't checked the price but you need the standard license that they mention in the YouTube video description.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2019-06-22 20:55:58

Oops. I didn’t even know there was a license. Dammit! Looks like I won’t be using that. Don’t worry, I think I’ll make a plan. Do you know of anybody who would be willing to help me record my intro? I’d rather not use my voice as it would be very weird referring to myself in the third person.  I have the music for the background of the podcast, but I don’t have the music for the actual intro. Do you think you could please help me find something?

2019-06-22 21:35:10

When it comes to the music, I had a quick look and I found an unfinished piece that I made quite a few years ago. I never completed it and I only have a short mixdown in MP3, but you're welcome to use it for free if you find it suitable:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n0yah39vqou8 … 2.mp3?dl=1

As for the voiceover, I don't personally know anyone who would do it for free, but I'm sure there are loads of people out there who would.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2019-06-22 21:45:58

Thank you so much! I really really appreciate it!

2019-06-22 21:47:46

By the way, do you know where I could upload my podcasts? I have no idea how this works. I could just use YouTube, but I want  my YouTube channel and podcast to be separate.

2019-06-22 21:58:35

I have never produced or distributed a podcast, but a Google search for "how to distribute podcast" gave me this as the first result:

https://medium.com/podcast-101/distribution/home

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall

2019-06-22 22:07:39

This intro is perfect! Thank you so much!

2019-06-22 22:11:34

Thanks for the info. The one question I do have, relates to uploading podcasts. Don’t you have to upload a podcast somewhere before you give it to Apple?

2019-06-22 22:58:04

I’m too scared to Google popular free podcast hosting services as I don’t know which services are safe or not.

2019-06-22 23:16:28

I say why not put them on your youtube as well. Also, you may want to put all your thoughts in one post, just edit the last one as needed.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-06-22 23:19:46

I could, but the YouTube page doesn’t seem to allow me to create playlists.  And besides, who looks for podcasts on YouTube?  Thanks for the suggestions. I,ll exhausted  all my options before I upload them to Youtube

2019-06-23 00:15:06

Actually, I've heard of people putting their podcasts on Youtube, but it's always seemed weird to me. It's true that you'll probably get more exposure that way, but if your podcast eventually makes it to Apple Podcasts or similar, you won't have to worry about that as much.

Now, I've heard good things about Anchor accessibility-wise, but I don't know if that's a paid service or not, or if you're limited in how much content you can upload before needing a subscription.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-06-23 00:31:20

Thanks. I’ll check it out. Never heard of it before.

2019-06-23 00:37:18

No offense, but like an idiot said, instead of having multiple posts at once saying what you want to say, can you edit the last post you made so you have all your questions in that or something, just a suggestion, have a great day

2019-06-23 00:38:56

Sure.