2019-06-18 15:27:42

i think absolutely perfect child.

Yours kindly

2019-06-18 23:48:29

For me it would be never having children. Children shouldn't be an art project you're trying to get perfect. Or, to put it in gaming terms: Let the random number generator decide.

My question has three answers: Imagine you invent a technique that let's humans copy their consciousness into stronger bodies. The copy would have the exact same conscious state (memories, feelings, thoughts) of yourself at the time the copy was made. Being the lead scientist, you obviously have to test this new technology on yourself. Soon, you realize that it worked and that there are now two of you.
Would you rather ...
a. kill yourself so that the stronger you remains?
b. kill the stronger you because it's not you?
c. let both of you live, accepting a person that knows everything about you until the point he was created? Your experiences will grow apart from now on, naturally.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-06-19 09:10:50

Interesting question. I'd have to go with the last option, letting both live, even if one was physically stronger the other me is no less a person than I am therefore killing it would be murder, I.E ending the consciousness of a sentient being, and the same would be true for me. Indeed, I never like the argument I've seen in various sf novels that you could effectively live forever by copying yourself since the original would still be dead,and the original's conscious experience of the world would stop, even if the copy was functionally equivalent.

Btw, interestingly enough, this actually happens in the October Daye series, a copy of the main character with all her memories and an indestructible body is created by magic. Said copy is an omen of death and should! have died when the original October died, in effect she continues and remains a major character through the series, acting as the protagonists' sister. Oddly enough, she's also gay which is a fact I cannot explain, since one would assume if the original is not gay the copy would not be either and visa versa, but hay.

Okay, while we are talking of stronger android bodies here is another question.
Suppose your  current body is dying of some sort of disease. You have two methods to continue existing. Either you can transfer your current consciousness with all your memories etc into an android body which will live for a very long time, is nearly indestructible, but only has the senses of sight and hearing, or alternatively, you can have a blank slate clone of your biological body grown, however the catch is it'd only be the body of a four year old child, so whilst your consciousness and some of your memories would continue, you'd lose all your higher functions until that child body grew up, and likely most of your memories too, though we'll assume there is a loving family ready to take you in and give you a happy childhood.

so, the choice is continue as you are, but lose nearly all sensation, or revert to being four years old and have to grow up again, only keeping a bit of your original experience.

Its a tough choice, but I just enjoy sensation too much to be completely static, and I think I'd be more likely to be able to grow up and do it right than if I just got permenantly stuck as an android.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-19 15:26:14

Yeah, I would be a 4 year old or even 2 or 3 to be honest.
Would you rather have a nice family who loves you and you live decent, not to ritch and not to poor, or have the best life ever, everyone looks at you as at a god or something, but be alone?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-06-19 16:18:57

first option is better and important.
Would you rather ... learn bgt and code the another game or learn c: and code program

Yours kindly

2019-06-19 18:11:19

I'd learn C because it's more universal.
Would you rather, have the ability to exhail money when ever you want, like go puff, then 100 euros, but every time you do this, someone near you dies, or, be able to heal any sickness or injury, but loose 10000 euros every time.
you can convert the euros in to what ever currency you use in your own country.
bear in mind, i just made this up on the spot, so don't know if it's any good.

2019-06-19 19:14:00

I'd lose 10000 each time
Would you rather
have a cat or a dog.

2019-06-19 21:16:33

dog
would you rather
a, be a ghost
b, a demon
tongue
i'M dam bored ok

2019-06-19 21:22:24

A ghost.
would you rather
have taste buds on you're ass or
Shit out of you're mouth.

2019-06-20 15:31:38

I'd rather have taste buds on my ass.

Would you rather:
Die at a bar or die in a prison cell?

Best regards
T-m

2019-06-20 15:34:56

die at a bar
would you rather ... use mac osx or windows 10

Yours kindly

2019-06-20 16:44:36

Again this question Mak vs windows, I started to hate it.
But I have to give an answer, so win 10.
Would you rather eat a dog or get eaten by anything you can think of?

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-06-20 19:41:18 (edited by goran 2019-06-20 19:44:05)

My life has to come to an end eventually, and after I die the means of my death doesn't matter, so I would go for the second option.

here is a not so impossible one: Would you rather have a job in a field in which you have no interest, but the wage is fantastic, or a job in your favourite field but with an average salary?
Note that with the fantastic wage you will have a pretty boaring daily routine, but you will have more than enough  money to invest in practicing what you enjoy in your free time, while with the second option, you will have a very good time at work, not being able to spend  any extra money on buying the means to improve your knowledge in your field.

2019-06-21 15:32:30

the first option.
this is an easy one : Would you rather go back to age 5 with everything you know now or know now everything your future self will learn?

personally i choose option 2.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-06-21 17:32:59

option 2.

Yours kindly

2019-06-22 01:40:15

option 1
would you rather have the power of flight or laser hands?

2019-06-22 05:07:39

the second option.
would you rather have fast internet but have a slow computer or have slow internet but have the fastest computer in the world?

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-06-22 05:14:08

I would rather have the fastest computer, would you rather, go back in time and talk to your past self, or would you rather be the most popular person and be recognized, take note that the first option will let you prevent anything that has happened that could be prevented in the past

2019-06-22 10:47:07

i think option 1.
would you rather ... own company of apple, google, and ms, or own only google?

Yours kindly

2019-06-22 12:03:48

option 1: you'd get so much god damned dividance.
Would you rather Rule the World or live in a World with absolutely no problems at all?

2019-06-22 12:39:00

the first option.
would you rather be famous, ritch but not be happy or poor, have no friends but be happy?

2019-06-22 13:18:16

Okay some interesting ones in this topic.
As regards 81, would I rather get  a hundred quid whenever I want or heal at a cost of ten thousand pounds. The problem is, at the moment I do not have! ten thousand pounds so couldn'#t heal anyone, so either I would take the money whenever it was offered then invest that money into the health service, or  if it were possible for other people to take the costs of my healing, I'd take the healing and then get everyone to contribute so I could heal people.

@83, depends upon the type of ghost or the type of demon. EG if it were a choice between a ghost who couldn't move on and was condemned to walk the world forever, or a demon who just delighted in causing pain, I'd have to take the ghost option, if however being a demon didn't actually change who I was and I just got horns and a tale and some cool powers I'd take the demon option.

@84, that is a wonderfully disgusting question, though I'd probably have to say arse taste buds, since while I would be able to kill those taste buds so I could have a shit in piece, if I shat out of my mouth I couldn't kill those tastebuds without losing all sense of taste, apart from it being really disgusting.

@87, The question would come down to whether I or the dog were alive. If I were dead, I don't care what happens to my body and I hate the idea of eating a dog, if however the choice was me eating an already dead dog or being eaten alive by something else I'd obviously take the first option, since me not eating the dog isn't going to bring it back.
if both me and the dog were going to be eaten alive, that is a really crappy choice, I like to think I'd choose the sacrifice myself, but I doubt I would if I were actually in the situation.

@88: no contest, I'd much rather do something worth while than something crap for lots of cash.

@89: I'd rather go back to age 5 so I can avoid mistakes personally.

@95: I'd rather live in a world with no problems, ruling the world would be way too much work.
96: depends upon if you count my wife in terms of "friends", if it were be rich and fammous but keep my wife and not make other friends, I'd probably take the option, since hay that situation isn't so different to where I am now. If it were being alone but being rich and famous I'd probably not take it, though its worth noting of course most rich, famous people are not necessarily alone due to groupies and such.

Okay, there are some of my thoughts on some interesting questions, I'll now add one of my own.

Would you rather live in a world with completely green technology but a poorer standard of living, think tech of the 1980s, so slow internet, analogue recording etc, or live in a world where all nature has been lost and everything is artificial but there is absolutely amazing technology, virtual  antigravity cars etc.

Note that in the second option, you wouldn't be suffering the bad effects from having nothing natural, there would be artificial food, artificially clean air etc, there would just be no plants, no animals and no fish, so in terms of general diseases and health both possibilities are equal, its just a question of whether nature or moderate technology is more important.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-22 13:23:06

lol option 1 cause if we don't have any nature, animals, plants how the hell humans will live,

Yours kindly

2019-06-22 13:40:57

Option 2 I'd say. Nature is very important and it may drive people mad when all nature has disappeared, but it would be hypocritic of me to say I'm not dependent on todays technology, not to mention the benefits of even better technology.

Would you rather:
a. live on a newly discovered planet with only a few robots the rest of your life to determine if it is habitable
b. be on earth when an apocalypse takes out the surface a few years in the future?

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-06-22 14:55:10 (edited by Dark 2019-06-22 14:56:43)

I'd have to say  option one, I'm more likely to be happy with a worthwhile job determining the next home for humanity, especially if those robots are like the ones in the Vortex and real AI's that I could be friends with, than be around when society collapses and possibly have my brains eaten by zombies big_smile.

Okay, here is another one.  would you rather have the power to create infinite amounts of a deeply disgusting but nourishing food, or very small amounts of a food that everyone would love.