2019-06-19 15:03:02

Hi
I am new in community and first to join this community from my country. I doesn't have good english so I doesn't understood usser manual of skype. I am working to improv my english but i wont to use skype. Please anyone can tell me in simple english to how to use skype? What are other social midia used in community? i am taking traning to how to use nvda if you wont to share anything for nvda please do. Please help me. sorry if i post on wrong place i am learning now to use everything. Thank you.

2019-06-19 19:15:54

Try hitting insert space in skype 8, in certain versions it can really help.

2019-06-20 15:33:33

I would never recommend Skype 8. Microsoft basically ruined the program with one update. I'd use TeamTalk, Facebook or something other that I don't know of.

Best regards
T-m

2019-06-20 15:46:12

Honestly, I've practically just moved over to Discord after Skype killed version 7. Discord has improved a lot accessibility wise and the devs are actually working on that aspect nowadays. I'm sure you could get fast at using Skype 8 too, but reading chat messages seems to be such a pain in the ass that I'd rather just stick to Discord.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2019-06-20 15:51:49

Nah, it's really easy, people just don't do it this way for some reason. First, generally throughout the app you should have your virtual cursor /browse mode /whatever else off. Then, as soon as you open a chat, you can just move away from the edit field with shift plus tab, and read messages using up and down arrow keys. No need to navigate by landmarks as mmany people seem to be doing. Alternatively, I do have to say that Skype 8 is a great app on iOS, so that option also exists. It's a good app on Android as well, however a bit more laggy.

2019-06-20 15:55:09

yeah i'm using skype 8 since march, and well i'm not hating so much but well skype 7 was so very fast

Yours kindly

2019-07-01 21:46:03

Skype 8 is quite okay I guess. The only problem I have is I can't use end to jump to the last message. I know there's an option to jump to the last message but it just reads the last message, doesn't put you at the last message in the list of messages so you have to hold down arrow till you get there and I find that annoying, well a bit. Other than that it's fine for me you can just press NVDA space and then you can do all things. But if your using the Skype 8 that comes with Windows things will be a little bit different. Well I haven't used the one that comes with Windows 10 that much so I cant tell you that much about it

2019-07-01 22:17:10

it's skype 10 AKA skype uwp, and it is same skype 8 but it's on browse mode. My cpu is not so powerful so i'm not using it.

Yours kindly

2019-07-02 06:12:59

I'm having no real problems with skype 8. Though I don't use it for chat messages. just skype calls with groups.
Exactly what does insert spacebar do while in skype8? Thanks!

2019-07-02 10:06:33

Skype 8 is usable, but damn does it have its annoyances.

I miss being able to use JAWS Scripts to quickly jump to certain messages without having to arrow through.

Also, messages don't always get spoken, and the sound doesnt' always play. There's no sound for contacts coming online either, and no notification for them going offline. There seems to be some sort of limit between sounds if the window is in focus.

By far one of the most annoying things is that it doesn't matter if you're actively using your computer or not. If you haven't used the app itself, you start going inactive. I call bullshit there. Whether this is a limit of Electron or not I don't quite know. And yes, messages take longer to send than with Skype 7.

2019-07-02 10:16:01

well i'm saying again, skype 7 was really faster, and i really like it but so, time to use skype 8.
also post 9 insert space is activating browse mode.
post 10 alt 1 is jumping in chats, and alt 2 in contacts. Alt shift e edit box.

Yours kindly

2019-07-02 15:41:17

Well guys. Everything has an end. So we gotta stick with Skype 8 I guess. Good day

2019-07-02 17:17:24

Messages do not take longer to send. They are sent as soon as you press enter, however the screen reader announcement message sent is delayed. That's a minor bug of the latest version where every notification seems to have a slight delay, however on screen they are fine.