2019-06-16 05:01:08

Hello.

I have never mess with a program like Cheat Engine. What is the instructions on how to use this program?
I would like to use it with The Gate? I have been playing this game for two years and have not been able to get past the first boss. No matter how I have been told to do it I can't get past the gost lady.

2019-06-16 05:47:02 (edited by r3dux 2019-06-16 05:51:53)

What have you tried, with Cheat Engine?

If you can find the health value in memory, then you can double click on it to add it to the lower pane of Cheat Engine and then check the box on the far left to 'lock' it. Infiniite health is yours.

Relatedly: https://cheatengine.org/help/index.html

2019-06-16 05:52:37

I have not tried anything with the program. It looked confusing.
If someone would explain how to work this program so that I could try it out with games that would be awesome.

2019-06-16 06:03:25

r3dux wrote:

What have you tried, with Cheat Engine?

If you can find the health value in memory, then you can double click on it to add it to the lower pane of Cheat Engine and then check the box on the far left to 'lock' it. Infiniite health is yours.

Relatedly: https://cheatengine.org/help/index.html

Wait how to lock a val in cheet engine?

2019-06-16 06:17:18

To lock a value, you find it in the address list and press space on it. Unfortunately, screenreaders don't like reading that list so you gotta use different tricks to find out what address you are focusing on. I remember I had a way of doing it. i think it was screen review or insert+tab. But I know there's a way for it. Also the health value in the gate is not likely to be found that easy since it tells you your health by percentage not by an exact value.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-06-16 06:20:32

The health in the gate is 940

2019-06-16 07:17:52

pleas can you give instrucsions for how to use the cheet engin?

2019-06-16 07:29:32

Yes please explain how to use this program step by step in basic terms. Also share with us what screen reader you are using with this program.
I have went to the site and read the instructions but they are very confusing.

2019-06-16 08:51:53

There is a tutorial on how to use this cheat engine provided by that program it self. Try to follow it.
I want to do a recording on how to use this cheat engine illustrating its basic features but I cannot find a good audio recorder that i am going to use for my computer and I want to do the recording today cause its sun day here in our area but o well, I really cannot find a sound recorder. The sound recorder which is defaultly installed on my computer has very low pick up and i bearly heard the audio when i tried using it.

2019-06-16 09:00:01

You may use the virtual recorder software which you can find in this direct link:
http://idt-group.ir/programs/virtual_recorder.zip
If you encounter a file not found error, wait a few mins and try again, As i'm posting now it's being uploaded. This software let's you choos your recording volume

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-06-16 09:02:52

O nice nice! thanks! I might be able to do my audio walk through on one of my favorite game. Well, looking forward in downloading this recorder. thank you.

2019-06-16 11:49:59

If you have AVAST antivirus  disable it or uninstall it before you install cheat engine
The first time I tried to install it without disable this anti-virus
It's detected it as a virus

Then it's starting to delete everything like crazy

I don't know why. But it did

I am not sure why do you want to contact me . If you want to do add me on Skype

live:cccefg2

2019-06-16 21:09:13

I do hope someone do a tutorial of this program. I tried to follow the help but I didn't understand it.

2019-06-17 00:04:27

Why is this in general games? shouldn't it be in off topic?

2019-06-17 00:13:18

Actually Ty this is in the right area. This is game related.

2019-06-17 01:00:51

Just wait a little more, almost finish the basic tutorial in using this engine specially made for visually impaired.

2019-06-17 06:23:33

Will the cheat engine allow me to have invincibility in The Gate? I am hoping that once I see how to use this program that I can finally beat the first boss after two long years getting stuck at the ghost lady.

2019-06-17 11:29:35

Hi
Does anyone know how to cheat attributes in a heros call?

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-06-17 15:07:31

I too, agree that this shouldn't be in the "General Games" forum, but rather the Off-topic area. Cheat Engine can be used to cheat games, yes, but that doesn't consider the actual program itself to be a game, it changes values, and/or other things, schz speed hacking, etc.
Remember cyco, and others who ask for assistance with this application, it is being done at your own risk. CE isn't liable for any damages.

-----
YouTube
GitHub
Discord: @tunmi13#1880

2019-06-17 18:00:29

I would not need to cheat if I could get past the first boss in The Gate.

2019-06-19 04:00:52

Hey, UltimateBlade.

How is the tutorial coming for cheat engine?

2019-06-19 10:17:03

Cyco, well, the first boss is easy if you got a strategy to beat her.
Just make sure you have alot of arrow poutches so you can aim at her, the little ghosts can be killed by the knife or even the arrows.
I know this comment shouldn't've been posted here, but, I just wanted to help.

2019-06-19 10:57:37

Why cheat?  doesn't that ruin the game for people?  It would for me.  Isn't the point of a game to beat it wihtout cheating?  Their is always a way to beat a difficult boss or level, you just have to find it.  Besides the more you play said level, the more you learn about said boss or level.  However, each to ones own.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-06-20 05:51:54

I finally got past the grey lady in The Gate. I still would love to know how to use the cheat engine.

2019-06-20 10:02:16

Hi,
I would also like to try it but just wanted to ask how reliable that cheat engine software is? I would also like to try it with some games.
Just wanted to try to cheat once.

I am not someone who is ashamed of my past. I'm actually really proud. I know I made a lot of mistakes, but they, in turn, were my life lessons. Drew Barrymore
Follow me on Twitter, Discord and Instagram