2019-06-20 04:39:41

Thanks guys. When i learn to code what kind of games do you guys want to see?

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-06-20 05:02:16

Is it  possible to create games in autoit3?.

2019-06-20 05:16:40

@52
It seems so, yes. Programming languages are all about discrete logic, and by extension so are games. Digging a bit into AutoIt it seems there's some basic SAPI TTS support [here] along with beeping and clicking snippets, and a sound play function [here] with wave volume control [here]. There seems to be other audio scripts others have put together, but their dated over a decade ago.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2019-06-20 06:36:51

but to my knowledge, autoit doesn't have anything for object oriented programming.
also, yes you can use any language you want for development.
pascal, c++, rust, python and anything you wish.

2019-06-27 05:56:32

Ethin wrote:

I doubt your "students" no much if anything that is actually correct if this topic is anything to go off of. Your sources are extremely questionable at any rate, which makes me wonder how good you are as an educator. If you get any students at all that is.

I was one of these students, for this reason, I think I have the right to speak.

Ethin wrote:

I especially feel bad for the OPs students because they will find it very difficult to get a job involving their skills because their skills will be wrong!

When OP started teaching me, I had little knowledge of HTML and CSS.
This was PHP training.
It was 2016. At that time, OP had some lessons on his Youtube channel. Now there are no lessons, as far as I know, he is going to record a free great course on Python.
We trained in TeamTalk. It was a group of about 10 people.
The first week we spent on HTML and CSS. He said that without HTML and CSS it makes no sense to start learning PHP. He gave us the materials and said, "Learn this. Those who don't know it at least at the minimum level can't continue."
A week later, everyone was ready to learn PHP.
For 2 months we learned the basics of PHP, object-oriented programming, MVC, learned a little about frameworks.
After these two months, I easily found a remote job. We didn't learn JS, I learned it on my own. But Jonikster gave me a good start. I'm still grateful to him.
I don’t know how he teaches Python, C# or other programming languages. I got PHP experience with him, and my feedback is positive.

2019-06-27 06:22:45 (edited by Ethin 2019-06-27 06:26:13)

@55, thank you for that. But my point was aimed at his experience with an audio game development lifecycle. Your teacher has this nasty habit of posting topics on public forums and talking about things he's never actually learned anything about. I appologise if I insulted you, but I am getting extremely tired of your teacher repeatedly demonstrating his lack of knowledge in the areas of (apparently) anything non-web related programming, especially when it comes to Python. I do not mean to offend when I say that I'm surprised you learned anything that you can use in the real world that wasn't nonsense. I find it hard to take someone seriously (especially someone who claims to be an educator of any kind, whether school or not) when they repeatedly demonstrate their lack of knowledge in regards to anything but (apparently) HTML and PHP.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-27 09:42:06

@Ethin, In any case, I think this topic is very important.
If you disagree with Jonikster, if most developers disagree with him, I suggest you create a similar topic.
Agree, I found a lot of topics on this forum about programming languages. Every time you need to repeat the same things.
Why not create one topic where you can tell about popular programming languages, the advantages and disadvantages of these programming languages for audio games so that beginners developers can make the right choice.
If there are no developers who have had experience in several languages at once, such as C++, C#, Java, Python, then I think you should collect the opinion of famous developers here and write 1 post that would tell about it.
For example me. I work in the Ukrainian IT company as a WEB developer. But I'd like to start developing audio games.
I know about programming languages that I can use. I know about the features of these programming languages, but I don't know enough to choose.
For example, I'd like to find a programming language with which I could develop both little games and big games like RTR or more.
I'd like to be able to develop games and other applications without going beyond one programming language.
I don't like python. But I'll study it anyway, since I would like to use it for WEB.
I know about two languages that could help me. C# and Java. But I don't know how to choose, because I have no experience in this area.

2019-06-27 12:08:39

Belov, I'm glad to see you here, and thanks for your feedback!
I advise you to C#. But I think you should focus on Python, it will be easier for you.

2019-06-27 15:13:15 (edited by kianoosh 2019-06-27 15:13:37)

Hay, Agreed with 57. I also think a topic that talks about programming languages should be sticked to the first page of this forum so everyone can take a look at it whenever they need recommendations or anything like that.

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-06-27 15:54:53

That's a good idea, 57. But we don't ned the OP spreading misinformation and making false claims about programming languages. That stuff just won't fly here. He may be good with PHP and HTML, but he has *no* experience in game development whatsoever, especially in the audio games market, and yet he creates a very topic like this and posts false information. I went through that phase and got roasted for it, and now I'm through with it. Until Jonikster learns about what he's talking about and demonstrates his "superior knowledge" to us, I doubt anyone on here other than you will take him seriously at all.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-27 16:26:32

@Ethin, If you like my idea, please do this for us!

2019-06-27 18:39:57

the thing is, that someone else has done this thing before, the only thing is that the topic was not sticked.

Paul

2019-06-27 19:11:19

See https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2868 … oping-faq/ , maybe it could help a bit. It would be nice if everyone could edit the post to add instructions for other programming languages.

2019-06-27 19:47:51

thggamer, Not a complete topic. Nothing about C++, C#, Java.

2019-06-27 20:12:33 (edited by Ethin 2019-06-27 20:12:52)

@64, it was a suggestion, not an actual topic on the discussion of various programming languages. Someone like cartertemm would need to create it to make it stiki.

My Github