2019-06-01 14:34:08 (edited by Dark 2019-06-01 14:34:40)

and here is yet another monthly chat topic up and ready for your monthly chatting pleasure.
As usual feel free to use this topic  to chinwag about anything and everything you fancy, games, books, annoying relatives, projects your doing, cursed pirate treasure or anything else garrrr!

anyway I have to admit myself the last few days haven't been fun since I've had a bloody aweful sore throat which then morphed into a bloody awful cold. I hopefully seem to be recovering somewhat as of yesterday and today, and have actually played some games (I rather like the new Ios game tank battle), but I'm still rather sniffly.

Since I've been basically flat out and extremely drowsy for literally the past week, I haven't got too much to report so far, since basically all I've done is read short stories, either Buffy the vampire slayer ones or ones by Niel Gayman, and cough a lot big_smile.

On the plus side, Mrs. Dark and I have started reading through the Harry Potter books. she's only read them the once before, and while I've read  them probably six or seven times, I haven't touched them in about ten years. Its actually really fun to go through them again, especially when I get to annoy Mrs. Dark by knowing plot details she forgot first time big_smile

The only mildly sad thing is, reading them now makes me a wee bit depressed about what's happening with the wizarding world stuff,  what with how disappointing the last fantastic beasts film was and how it feels as if Harry Potter is going to get the same license squeezing treatment as Starwars (and we all know how well that one worked out).
either way, we'll see.

Hopefully if my cold is actually in retreat I'll be able to do a few more gaming things, and get back to fixing the db. I also really do want to get some of my short story projects finished so I can look around for publishing opportunities. When I'm actually able to write the writing is going fairly well, and reading lots of stories is moderately inspirational in its own way.

either way, hope everyone else is feeling less crappy than I have been recently and generally having a better June.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-01 14:58:04

well in this months, is starting 3 months holidays so summer holiday.
Dude time is going so faster now is june heh.

Yours kindly

2019-06-02 15:46:15

The month of June.

It is a strange time here in India, since the rainy season is just starting in this month, yet blistering heat can also be expirienced.

I heard from the news reports however, that this year the rainfall might be not enough, there is going to be a drout, over forty percent of the country will be affected by this.

But this is all regarding the rainfall itself. Chenai, a city in the south India, is already suffering  the drout. but this is because of the summer. even the land water levels are going down.

What pissed me off about this entire situation, is that people decided to held yagyas, (A way to apeal to the gods,) rather then doing water conversation and water harvesting, as recommended by the sciantific comunity of these city.

@Dark:

I wanted to ask for a while, how do you read? do you have enough vision that you can read the books? or you aquire the books in such a form that you can read them?

For me, I just get the books in a form of a scanned pdf, (If freely available, I download them from the internet,) otherwise by them from the market and then scan them and use the OCR.

Admitedly, it is a long and frustrating process, but this is what I have. it is also helpful if the sellor itself offers the pdf.

I also finished the third book of the dresden files series, half way to the plot it turned it into such a tense ride.

Let me tell you guys though, aquiring this book here in India was a struggle on itself. online stores did not restock this because the series is not popular here.

Come to think of it, this happens to me all the while. I really have different tastes in almost all the things of entertainment, games, and books.

What's more, apparently I have gotten good enough in chess that I can check computer multiple times, but I can't still beet it.

Hope you are having nice weather.

2019-06-03 17:27:07

Hope you will feel better soon dark, as I have a cold as well and it ends up being pretty annoying. I have also wanted to read Harry potter again after a while, I ended up watching the movies with some friends but definitely want to read all the books again. As for games, speaking of database, I wondered about something but it's so minor that   creating a new topic about it is probably not worth it, so in hopes you will read this, it's regarding the park boss entry. All the games link directly to the installer, while the park boss entry links to the download page. The direct link is http://www.ndadamson.com/downloads/Park … 0setup.exe
unless of course the developer wanted it this way for some reason and I missed it. Of course, since I'm talking about this game I have been re playing it recently, and it's actually still pretty fun even if it's not exactly the newest thing out there. NA soft games are always very high quality and it's enjoyable to play them. On the tech side, Windows 10 was updated yet again, new NVDA is also preparing, which means preparing the translation as well and making sure it sounds good, and then getting ready to read complaints about bugs smile

2019-06-03 19:33:01

Forensics test tomorrow and then I graduate high school.

Going to nfb convention in july, for social reasons only. I don’t care about nfb.

Starting community college in fall, getting 12 credit hours to transfer to a university. Fuck the SAT! I ain’t dealing with more bullshit from them!

And that’s all for now.

2019-06-04 09:42:14

Dark eagle, interesting about Indian weather, hope the droubt doesn't get too bad. Over in this hemisphere it hasn't decided whether it will be hot or not which is a bit nuts. The dresden books are fun, I've read the hole series, while I wouldn't say they're the best thing ever and Dresden himself really got on my nerves after a while, what with his constant sermons on how women need to be protected and then his complaints about himself, the series did have a lot of fun stuff going on, plus the audiobooks are read by James Marsters, Aka Spike from Buffy and also Captain John from Torchwood which is fun big_smile.
Audio is how I do pretty much all of my reading, getting the books from the RNIB here in the UK or from other places. I don't have enough vision to read actual print, BUT I find reading with a synth a bit too distracting for it to ever really be my major way of wanting to read other people's work, especially in  passages or dialogue.
Of course I use a synth when I'm playing gamebooks or doing my own writing etc, but I still find I just don't get the nuances without a human voice.

@nidza07,  my  cold is somewhat in abeyance, or at least its now at the point where I actually am able to do more than lie down and feel completely drained, even if I still have a cough and the sniffles. I'm hoping this goes off  soon since there is music I want to learn. NvdA updates usually are good, I just hope the next one doesn't break too many addons I like for programs, like the Winamp or interactive fiction ones, though that's probably a matter for another topic.
As regards games and the db, actually reporting miner errors like that is exactly what the site and forum feedback room is for.
There has been a miner niggle on the db recently, quite aside to me feeling  full of virus, but hopefully I should be able to get back to getting some serious work done this week, including fixing the link for the park boss entry as you describe.

Well as I said I'm feeling a wee bit better, which will hopefully improve, aside from my lady and I doing a lot of harry potter, yesterday we had the horrible appointment for my lady's spousal visa extension. This was a tortuous matter, apart from being a long form and costing over a thousand pounds (about 13 hundred dollars), to complete the thing on Monday we also had to go to Bermingham on the train, attend an appointment where the documents were uploaded and get my lady's fingerprints taken, which of course meant paying a private company an extra hundred quid for the privilege. Honestly, it was simpler when we had to submit a paper form.
While it was quite a slog, especially the two and a half hour appointment, and the long train journey, hopefully its all fixed. I just wish this actually got my lady a bit more than just an extention of her existing visa, indeed when we originally got the spousal visa in 16, we were told in two and a half years she could apply for a settlement visa which would mean she could start a bank account and get some of the benifits of living in this crappy country, accept that now some idiot has decided to change their mind and we can't get that for another two and a half years, which means not only another couple of years of being terminally short of cash, but also another massive charge and huge visa form to do later.

all in all its bloody stupid, but then again, so is most everything to do with the British government at the moment.

the only good thing to say is that its done, and assuming that something doesn't go radically  wrong we shouldn't have to worry about it again for quite some time.
]Either way, this means pretty much everything from me to my dog are fairly shattered today, although I still have a book review to write, as well as wanting to get back to work on my Novella which has been sadly neglected due  my cold.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-04 13:46:54

well may / the beginning of june has been interesting, to put it mildly. GCSE's suck, btw. Kind of want to go to the convention at some point, but since I'm in the UK that's probably not gunna happen for a while.
On another note, been trying to keep up with games and coding as well, I'm hoping to avenchually get sbp back on track as far as updates go, as well as get huntation pollished up and released, if you don't know what that is go check out the topic In general game discussion about it.

2019-06-14 20:58:06

@cmerry, sympathy with GCSEs there, especially them holding them in June, as my lady and I are reading through the Harry Potter books, its sort of interesting to compare school experiences, plus of course it brings back many (usually bad), school memories.

Well we've had an eventful few days. It turned out the application for extending my lady's spousal Visa took yet another form and another thousand quid to be completed asap, this one really was ridiculous! we hope this is finally it, at least for another three years. really the hoops we've had to go through for this one were even worse than getting the dam spousal visa in the first place!

After all that stress yesterday, my lady and I decided we needed a break, so went to see the new version of  Aladdin, with Will smith as the Dgini. As I'll now be discussing the film, if you've not seen it, prepare for a massive load of  spoilage!

The first good thing to say, is that the writing generally improved, and it was over all a snappier film in terms of dialogue and plotting to say the events, songs and characters were mostly the same as in the 1992 film, indeed the tone was rather different.

I liked most of the new casting, Aladdin worked well enough, but the new Jafar was frankly so slimy it was unbelievable!  I also really liked the princess's friend and Djinni's love interest Dahlia as she was both a fun character and a nice idea to give the djinni some plot.
To go along with Jafar, Iago was also an amazing upgrade and now was actually sunister,  though in fairness Iago is one of the elements of the original film that   always got on my whick, and in a watch through last year with my lady he got on my whick even more.

I  liked what they did with the songs for the most part though by just adding extra verses, indeed I've always fancied singing arabian nights but there's never been enough of it to sing, so a few extra verses were appreciated.

my only issue with characters were  Princess Jasmin and the sultan.
Douglas seal was a sultan you could genuinely believe was  someone's lovable old papa, the one in the remake is frankly so wooden and generally dysmal I never really got that anyone could think much of him.

The major disappointment though was princess Jasmin.
Likely for purposes of satisfying the SJW crowd, she was given a power balad and a hole motivation of wanting to be a leader for her people. Unfortunately, she also lost any sense of fun. The power balad was also wildly out of keeping with the rest of the music, as well as suffering from the actress only being able to sing at a belt and! requiring auto tuning, indeed hearing her belt a hole new world was down right painful.

The initial plot of her switching clothes with Dahlia was fun, but they just didn't continue it, and of course there couldnt' be any moments of her trying to play up to Jafar to get close enough to pincht  the lamp, indeed my lady made the point that while the original Jasmin was more damselly, she was also a lot more fun.

I was also a little confused at the actual point of the power balad, which was sort of like a  poor attempt to redo let it go without the heart, since basically the entire purpose of Jasmin's plot arc here seemed to be to prove that she was capable of bossing guards  around, indeed if they were going to go with the route of making her a more effective character, why not go the hole hog and have her actually be compitant at something, rather than just able to give big speeches and apparently persuade men to do her bidding.

Disappointing  princesses aside though, Will Smith was down right awesome! well he's will Smith, he's always going to be down right awesome, but I admit we were wondering what sort of Djinni he'd make because you can't replace robin williams.

I actually liked the idea of Will Smith as the Djinni, since if you  had to have a new actor in the role, better someone who had his own presence than someone trying to pretend to be robin. And that was exactly what happened! he redid all the dialogue, and was very much a different djinni even whilst being the same character, plus of course, a big blue will smith flying around wrapping  was just plane cool!

My only final cryticism, is that I wish they decided on an over all tone, since with matters  generally feeling darker, they took several real kiddy short cuts, for example Jafar teleporting people he disliked off to the dungeons rather than doing antyhing more perminant, or even potentially perminant like   turning them into other things, (anyone remember that horrific pigs scene from willow?)>

I also thought it was a bit silly towards the end, how often other people were holding the lamp and not! using it, indeed during the rather superfluous flying carpet chase, even if one with a rather cool Nazgaul type beasty, if someone had just rubbed the lamp and said "I wish Jafar was turned into a sheep" the problems would've been over pretty quickly big_smile.

As I remember in the  original, once Jafar gets the lamp, he pretty much keeps it all the way through the final big fight.

In general though, \it was better than I expected, and Will Smith was genuinely fantastic.

We also had an amazingly nice meal, which was good, and spent most of today reading harry potter and the order of the phoenix

My Trimps have been a wee bit neglected, but I'm sure they'll cope, and of course my monster in breed memorial is on hold, though I'll be glad to get back to both of them soon enough.

2019-06-15 15:29:20

I remember that it's only febuary yesterday
damm; time is fast
I am glad I grajuated  6th grade it's very harhrhrhrhrd
well it's going to be a intresting month
it's very hot because it's summer time and; you know how it go

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-06-17 05:15:12

Finally, rain has started here, though I hope that they won't cut the power as soon as even a light drizzle starts. I actually wanted to know, does that happens in your country as well? powercuts when even light rain...

Though I still hope that it would still rain more than England overhere. specially since the rain is causing problems with worldcup.

Actually that reminds of another thing. people over here in India like to harp on about how much attention has been paid to cricket. but the problem is, when all the sports channal do broughtcast one sport, as well as getting coverage in the news... then what is a avrage sports follower to do? it is easy to say, that you should follow this or that sport, but it is not interesting when following the said sport is a chore, and your country doesn't even play that sport, or doesn't even qualify for that. for example, football in India.

@Dark:
I share that experience of school with you. from incompatant and often corrupt blind organications, which felt like a cult rather than a education center, my usual aversion to talk to the boys of my own age, specially since I never liked their jokes or humor. shifting to a normal school, losing all the friends I had in that school because they switched the school, and most of my secondary highschool class turning out to be local area goons, with whom, I rather not get involve my self. and finally, my general disinterest.

By the time of my final year, perhaps I was more jaded than a teacher who has been teaching constantly for ten years.

And college is any better either. at this rate, I am not inclined to do a post graduation, just find a job on programming (If I could,) and of course not doing any studying which doesn't interest me.

2019-06-17 12:59:19

@Mongu, actually 2019 seems to be okay time wise, or maybe its that between finishing my damn thesis and all the crap with my lady's visa it seems time is going slowly rather than quickly big_smile.
@Dark eagle, my education experiences are slightly different, going from a very nice local primary school from 5-7, to an absolutely institutionalised, ridiculously cliquey and very horrible braille jail from 7-11 (really my teacher was a dead ringer for Umbridge in Hp).
To a complete shit hole from 11-15, the sort of place where knives were pulled  teachers and violence was a pretty dayly occurrence, where the unit for visually impaired kids was just put because the headmaster was afraid the school would close.

That being said, the school where I did my A levels; the  just before university between 15 and 17 was genuinely nice, and I had a great time at university, probably the only places I've been where I've been completely accepted and a part of the hole community, so it depends, still, since HP of course is set around secondary school, it gives a fair few memories of the shithole which I'd rather not think about.

In Britain, if the power and everything stopped whenever it rained, nobody would get anything done big_smile. Honestly This song by Flanders and Swan really isn't too exaggerated in some parts of the country, heck it was absolutely chucking it down and bloody freezing last week.
In fairness I suspect India is one of these places that actually has a monsoon season with major risk of flooding, so rain is probably a more serious matter than just what it usually is in Britain, which is just cold and damp enough to make everyone myserable whenever they have to go out and make dog walking a bit of an impossibility big_smile.

Not a lot to report at this point,I've mainly been working on my sf novella, and catching up with  my Trimps and my breed memorial monsters, both of which are lots of fun, indeed my Trimps are whacking their way through zone 91 while I'm writing this big_smile.

I've also been reading more HP with Mrs. Dark. Its' actually interesting to go through again to say I've not read any of the HP books in  about ten years, oddly enough Malfoy seems less detestable this time around, and Dudly actually worse, though of course part of that might be my perceptions coloured by cursed child.

I do wish There was an audio copy of those source books about the American magic which accompanied the fantastic beasts films, since Mrs. Dark was wondering about that the other day for obvious reasons.

2019-06-19 07:40:10

at dark
wel; time is giong fast over here;
lol; I think i will just leave the town this munth rather than to just lay on the bed and sleep all day

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-06-19 17:43:40

Well hello everyone and welcome to a first post from me! I've kind of skimmed briefly over the conversation here so far, so I'll say I think I know what's going on! Or do I really know what's going on? I don't know. Nobody does.

Anyways. Sorry to hear that you've been sick, Dark, although that post was quite a while ago and I'll at least hope you're feeling better after that much time. If not, oh no. Big problem! Smiles.

Summer time is fun! You get to go outside and basically burn to death because of the sun! Can you tell I'm not a huge fan of hot weather! Kill it kill it!

My ideal temperature is 65-75. Any more than that, and count me out! Although I'd rather be cold than hot, I think.

Mind me not, I'm rambling! I'll get better at this whole thing eventually, I suppose. Anyways, bye for now!

If you like what I post, please thumbs it up!

2019-06-19 19:23:04

The last few days of this month have been an agonizing wait. Why? Because I am getting a new instrument. An awesome instrument. A charango, which is a stringed instrument from the andes in south america. It's thought to have come from the native peoples after spanish contact. Any way, the thing is, it's beeing shiped from bolivia, and it's been 10 days already but I was told it has already been shipped out, so now I'm waiting. I want to get my hands on that thing so bad.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-06-19 19:40:01

I always love waiting for things to be shipped! The suspense always kills!

If you like what I post, please thumbs it up!

2019-06-20 16:51:06

Well...
my summer has been filled with working and working and more work! I do have my big plan to convention planned out so that's one thing to look forward to and will probably be the highlight of my summer.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-06-21 12:58:23

@Dark, Yeah, Harry potter is awesome.

2019-06-22 14:43:05

@Dark:
As you know, I write fanfiction. not of Harry Potter, of course. but still despite that, I hear arguments about that fandom from the people about mostly Harry's friends.

Since you are reading the series again, how would you describe Harry's friends? are they really that bad as the people would like to think they are? or it is the opposit of it.

Still, having a friend like Hermione who is quite a pushy would definitly get on my nerves.

About the power cuts: you will be right in asuming that a lot of the places overhere get floods in this season. but the area I live in, it is far from the floods as you can get, without going into the desert areas. so cutting the power overhere does not make sense.

I did a search about it, apparently power distribution companies are in loss, they can't bye the power. thus resulting in power cuts. of course there are shades of politics in this too.

That reminds me, the water situation is going to get worse here. because the government decided in their infinite wisdom to use the already depleted ground water. you just can't get any stupider than this. also, according to a report, ten of the big city of India by next year will be devoid of water sources. and by 2030 forty percent of the population will not have water.

Enough about stupid older generation who practically ruined us, on more positive topics I was reading a book by John named soft skills: the software developer's life manual. there are really some good advice in that book. hopefully it will help me in establishing my career in the future, since I am trapped in the hell called higher education which is not teaching me any practical skills.

2019-06-22 15:12:20

@Fuseblade welcome to monthly chat, and feel free to ramble away, its what we do in this topic big_smile.
The joke of course is in Britain where everyone complains about the rain, if it gets too hot everyone also complains, though of course part of this is that the weather here is so damn  nobody has time to get used to anything at all.

Personally, I usually don't mind if its not too hot, and sunshine is so rare in this part of the world  usually a nice change, though last summer it all went a bit bonkers and we got ridiculously hot temperatures.

@an idiot I've never heard of that native innstrument, but I'll be the first to admit I'm not exactly up on South American culture.

@Dark eagle, I'm not sure why people say Harry's friends are annoying, they are at various points, but it depends upon the book. Hermione has her bossy and insensative moments, and Ron can be a real arse, especially in Goblet of fire, though Rowling toned this down in Order of the Phoenix, there Harry got to be an arse, and in Halfblood prince it was hermione's turn.

The only thing that slightly annoys me this time around is the rather cliche thing, that because Harry and Ron are teenaged boys they have to be completely insensitive about people's feelings or anything to do with relationships, while Hermione (who isn't exactly Miss experienced), due to being a girl gets to explain everything to them slowly.

This was rather cliche to say the least, then again, I also admit that the hole Harry/Jinny thing irritated me. Luna Lovergood is just plane nice, if a bit random and scatty, and would've been a gentle influence on Harry. Jinny being Harry's girlfriend was just so obvious, even from the rescue back in Chamber of secrets, and of course she likes Quidich, and she is awesome at magic, and better at tricks than fred and george etc, indeed she scates close to being a succeedinator.

Then again, of course I will freely admit I have a bit of a thing about gentle, eccentric ladies with a lot of random knowledge who most people think are a bit strange, ----- I am of course married to one big_smile.

Well a couple of things to report. I've actually looked into publication for when I've finished some of my stories, which is interesting to say the least, though I admit I'm a little scared as to whether any of my stuff is good enough.
My lady and I also went to the actor's workshop on Wednesday all about screen acting, which unfortunately has resulted in me firmly deciding that I am categorically not! a tv actor.
On stage, yes, especially if I am actually singing, but I don't think screen acting is my thing. Far too much standing around and miming repetitively, and no audience to work with whatsoever, still its all experience at least.

I've also been listening through to the Big Finish survivors series. This was a series based on a tv series from the 1970's. I don't usually bother with stuff based on programs I've not seen, but there was an audiobook of the series to clue me in to what went on.
The book was okay, but the series have generally been really good. The premise is that a plague wipes out most of the population of the world, (and of course its set in the seventies so there aren't any Iphones, or the like).
Then people have to cope. The characterisation here is really nice, albeit I didn't like some of the choices made in the writing.

Other than that its still dividing my time between Trimps, Breed memorial and Harry Potter, whilst maintaining my five hundred words of original writing per day, so things continue.

2019-06-23 12:40:15 (edited by Cornettoking 2019-06-23 16:51:29)

Hi,
I'm glad it's finally june, because now I have no more tests and stuff.
In the summer Holidays, I'll have a bit of work to do however, since in order to be allowedfor the matura (a final exam to graduate from high School, in Britain it would bew known as A-Levels), we have to write a work about a Topic of choice, and as preparation, I have to read some books duringthe Holidays and write some summaries.
But my Highlight of the summer Holiday will definitely be the International Computer camp  (if I don't fall ill again like last year).

Regarding HP, I've read all the books and about Harry's friends, I can just say that I don't like how Hermine acts like like she knows anything.
About the weather, here it now is quite rainy, but soon it'll get really hot again.
BTW, I'm posting here for the first time, so sorry if some stuff I wrote was to off-Topic even for this place XD.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-06-24 02:11:48

Hi.
Well things have been a little crazy for me. My niece and nephew are coming to visit for the summer, so we have to get things ready, rooms need to be cleaned and all that. I'm looking forward to the visit, but I'm a little nervous, I'll miss the peace and quiet that I can get most of the time.
Recently I've been watching king of the hill which I love! That show is really hard to come by, dvds are available, but the show isn't on any streaming services. I suspect this has something to do with fox or mike judge not wanting people to stream or download for some reason. It's the same thing with beevus and butt-head. Despite all that I'm enjoying king of the hill, the voices are great, and the characters are so funny. My favorites would have to be hank or boomhauer.
It's a shame this show isn't talked about much anymore, it was cancelled a few years ago and the world moved on, I think bob's burgers was supposed to fill  the voide that king left but it hasn't for me.
I've also been streaming the old show cheers. That's still funny after all these years. The Frasier show I didn't like so much, it wasn't laugh out loud funny like cheers. It makes me wish I had a bar like that here, it would be interesting to hang out there to say the least.
I haven't been gaming, I want to try morikuma's games especially alternative magic and memorial breed.
@Dark, thanks for your post about the new Aladdin movie! I'm looking forward to seeing it, but I'm glad to know what I should expect, at least somewhat.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-06-24 12:41:43

@Julian, I  notice that Rowling changes the characters a bit, which is why ron and Harry got their arsy moments in books 4 and 5 respectively before settling down. I also suspect she wanted to make hermione a bit more flawed after the hole business in Order of the Phoenix where she's suddenly relationship expert, since we're barely five hours into Halfblood prince and she's already being amusingly wrong about things big_smile.

Also btw, in the UK O levels aka Ordinary levels, (the qualifications usually taken at 15),  were renamed GCSE's, that is general certificate of secondary education in 1988, though obviously lots of people who were at secondary school before then like Rowling still remember the old name, hence why she called her secondary education exam in the Hp series ordinary wizarding levels.

@Guitarman I'm afraid I never really got on with King of the hill myself, or bob's burgers come to that, maybe it was that a lot of the references were a bit too American to work over here, I don't know. I did used to watch Frazier quite a bit when it was on TV though oddly enough I've never seen Cheers.

I actually haven't begun a tv series unless you count my intermitant watching of season 11 of Doctor who since I finished Angel, though I have borrowed a hole bunch of battle star galactica dvds from my brother's fiance, although I'm also sorely tempted to get game of thrones since I've only seen up to season 4.

Good luck with the kidsies, rather you than me big_smile.
Oh and Breed memorial rocks. I can't speak about alternative magic as I still haven't fixed the Japanese translator addon for NvdA but since Breed memorial is all in English playing it is no trouble.

Unfortunately, yesterday my mum informed us that a lady who does a local church concert has requested us to sing next week. This is short notice, particularly since I am still recovering from my rotten cold, but hopefully I can put something together, I did recently have a go at the rather awesome dig song from Pocahontas (gotta love a good villain), though we're still looking for opportunities to perform a bit more consistantly and perhaps do things that are a trifle more challenging, there is a gorgeous Handle duet that our singing teacher has suggested.

We also had a rather amusing miner disaster involving a sudden bed collapse big_smile. My mum was vastly entertained by this (she said we'd obviously worn it out), though it is a tad disappointing saying the thing was a wedding present three years ago, and thanks to all the ridiculous fees for my lady's visa we're not exactly abundent with cash at the moment, though we'll see what happens.

So not much to report, but hopefully everyone else is having a good time this summer.

2019-06-24 14:52:42

@Dark:
You're correct. I really don't see why the teenage boys can't be reasonable. specially I myself have crossed that age, I was not anywhere near that problematic as they are described in the Harry Potter books.oh yeah, Dark, how did you downloaded the breed memorial? isn't that the site in Japanese? I am learning the language, but it is still nowhere near that good. not to mention, I haven't configured my screen reader for speeking it in the first place.

Also, Harry's friends aside, another character whose name alone is enough to cause flame wars in fanfic communities is Snape. personally, I would keep my self away from person who is very bitter like him.

On other fronts, I am thinking about going back to chess, because I really enjoy this game. the only problem I would say that there is no accessible program for us to play Go, or Shogi. I would have loved to try my hands at those. maybe if I mastered programming enough, I would be able to create one, a guy can dream, right?

My big sister's birthday is on wensday. so most likely we will go out to eat at a restaurant. my college's exam result have still not arrived yet, despite exams being over for almost two months. apparently from what I have gathered, this is normal.

I just hope the rain will continue to fall. yesterday was the first time when we experienced our full fledged rainfall for two ours strait.

Hope everyone will have a nice remainder of June.

2019-06-25 21:01:31 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-06-25 21:07:46)

Got the charango at last. A truely butifull instrument, even more so now that I've played it. But when I first heard the sound of mine, instead of hearing a butifull harp like sound, I heard a disscordent, completely tuneless sound that almost made me cringe. After hours of looking and trying things, it seems as if I now have it tuned, I'm good with notes and all that but the way they are ordered here makes me wonder if the people who came up with this system were on something, It has 10 strings, and plays 4 notes, with an extra e string. The strings are in pares, like a  mandolin, each pare playing one note with the exception of the third pare, which plays the same note in different octives. And it doesn't go from low to high notes either. It can bee strummed, I think that's the indigenous stile of playing it, and the one I have heard the most of wile listening to music from the andes, and the one that seems to resinate with me the most. It can also bee plucked. Both sound amazing. This instrument is small, but it's sound is powerfull, and it can bee played in quite a few places, not just in andean music.

I am rereading the harry potter books yet again. I have always used the bard versions read by arik Sandvold. Bard for what ever reason has put the ones read by jim dail on there list, so I'm trying those out. Honestly, Sandvold didn't do too bad of a job, for me the american accent didn't really take much to get used to, and he has shown himself to bee quite capeable of doing a british accent, how ever chose not to here. As for jim Dail, I think he does well on most parts, but him and sandvold share the bad female voices flaw.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-06-26 14:23:46

hi,
it's june. the worse month for me. because school starts here in the Philippines. at least it's raining. The government is now arguing on who to blame for the water shortage on march up to present. Oh and the government is also divided on the issue what to do with china who sank one of our fishing boats and abandoned the crew in the West Philippine sea/South China sea. 
oh and the crew is alive, A vietnamese ship rescued them after 6 hours.
so fun times here.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.