2019-06-11 20:55:05

oops @23 and 24, I saw best and worst programming languages and I thaught thats the question.
thanks, you added an idiom or something to my language (didn't here that before).
so, @jonikster, we are curious to know your opinion on that question, because a teacher should have the ability to answer the questions

2019-06-12 07:00:09

Liam, my experience is experimenting. I developed games with C++, C#, Java, Python, PB.

2019-06-12 09:28:06

Games? which kind of games? Complex ones? Because it's actually hard to believe. Perhapps you could prove me wrong by showing me one of them.

Paul

2019-06-12 10:56:39

pauliyobo, Not difficult, but not difficult for me.
I conducted many experiments, but didn't publish it. I'm not Samtupy, and don't want to show an incomplete project.

2019-06-12 11:41:44

Well maybe you could release the most difficult one you have so far worked with, just to prove yourself. You know, actions speak louder than words.

2019-06-12 18:02:00

you should show me the incomplete project just to prove your point and not sound like someone that is making a lot of excuses.
And I hope your experiment is not creating a simple SDL window.

Paul

2019-06-12 18:59:47

Created and experimented with many games? I don't think so. Your a show-off, if you had created one game, I'm sure we would all hear about it sooner rather than later. If you did create any games, then good for you, but I think not.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-06-12 19:32:30

Agree with 31 and 32. And if you've only created an SDL window, I feel really sorry for you. I have a project on my computer that is yet to be completed or even released yet that is able to not only create SDL windows, but log to files, create a menu, draw text using OpenGL and shaders, fade in/out background music, create environmental effects with levels, perform various kinds of cryptographic operations, use signals to indicate completion in a callback-like system (creating asynchronous menus, for example), and some other things I'm forgetting. Oh, yeah, whenever the players position is retrieved it is checked against the levels size and if its wrong its logged too (for debugging mainly). A few months ago when I was actively working on it I even had it dumping stack traces when it crashed! Also, the game loop does lots of interesting things that are probably not exactly safe (but I couldn't think of any other way to do it at the time):
* Ticks at a solid 60 FPS
* Updates audio and graphics systems
* Uses game modes to determine game state:
- If game mode is "menu" and that game mode has user data associated with it (which is a pointer to the active menu), alters game mode to take control of that menu and calls that menus processEvents() function.
- If game mode is "Exit", game loop terminates.
- If game mode is "Playing, does some interesting things (which are a bit broken):
-- Gets pointer to active player.
--calls internal game loop processEvents() function to process gameplay.
-- Uses players coordinates to determine open pathways.
* Simultaneously, the game loop performs OpenGL error checking and intervenes if any errors do occur by logging them (and if the error is anything severe, like GL_OUT_OF_MEMORY, informs the user and terminates the application).
And all of this is written in C++ too. I need to try finishing that sometime (or open source it which was my original goal anyway so others can help).
I don't expect your game to do all of that, Jonikster, but does your game even approach anywhere of that complexity? And I haven't even gotten into what the ProcessEvents() functions do either.
I know, I'm probably coming off quite harsh but if your a teacher than this attitude should be normal after all you've done.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-12 20:04:15

that, would actually be interesting to see.

Paul

2019-06-12 20:29:10

@34, yeah, I do need to open-source it. I can't on git hub since the files are too big, but I can use Fossil. Mmm... interesting idea that.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-12 20:36:45

what are you using to build it? Something like cmake, or directly from VS?

Paul

2019-06-12 21:04:43

@36, cmake combined with VCPKG for packages. I've been thinking about rewriting it in Rust; the problem is the library I'm switching over to for level generation (I was originally using Cythonized code) is written in C++ and it would be tasking to port it.

My Github

2019-06-12 21:22:11

Rust does seem interesting.

Paul

2019-06-17 03:16:18

Real developers have entered the chat; op has left the chat

2019-06-17 06:08:28

@39, I know, right?

My Github

2019-06-17 07:41:12

Still waiting for his code over here.
He says he codes in russian. But unless he can change the global sintax of a language I can still understand it.

Paul

2019-06-17 10:00:34

The only project I published is an online text game.
https://github.com/Jonikster

2019-06-17 10:34:59

NESS - post-apocalyptic text browser-based online RPG game. This project was developed several years ago. This project was developed by several people. Initially, it was the project "Glor". After, this project was finalized. I was one of the development leaders. After a while this project was abandoned. I still have the source code for this project. I will try to change and supplement this as much as possible, I will try to remake the project taking into account the innovations in HTML/CSS/PHP. article, Landmark

So how much coding did you do for this and how much did other people do???

2019-06-17 20:07:32 (edited by Ethin 2019-06-17 20:07:52)

Not just what 43 said but this in no way qualifies you as an audio game developer expert. I think that when Liam asked this he meant code that you had written that made you an audio game developer expert, not a web developer expert.

My Github

2019-06-18 09:24:10

Ethin, Did I say that I'm an expert?
Show me this message!
I spoke the facts from my experience.

2019-06-18 18:19:08

Dude, if your not an expert, why did you poast about languages, you'd need to be an expert in my opinion to know about all those languages.
Also dude, since you refuse to show us the audio game projects its clear your making excuses, and this text game has nothing, repeat! nothing, to do with audio game development.

My main interest is tech.
Follow me on twitter if you would like, my username is @stealthy153

2019-06-18 20:29:48

What 46 said. You don't need to indicate that your an expert explicitly; post one pretty much implied it. Show us the code goddamnit... unless, of course, you have absolutely none to show?

My Github

2019-06-20 01:42:46

@10, I hope you got true because you had to deal with this "TEACHER". And his reply to post 10 proves that he thinks he is an expert. Also he said that he didn't understan liam's question is poppy cock bolderdash. This topic and the fact he wanted the Admins to make this topic perminant was poppy cock bolderdash. Anyway, is Pascal a good language to make audio games? I'm going to learn this in school come september so i was wondering if it can be used to make complexed games like i've suggested to make in the past. Anyway, i'm happy there's people who know their shit and according to my father "Know how to make their own Coocoo and Calaloo." I still don't know why people lie so damn bloody fudging flicking much! Can someone please give me a proper answer? Perhaps Ethan? thanks.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-06-20 03:55:00

@48, I honestly can't say. You might be able to get away with it, but Pascal, to my knowledge, doesn't have something like an SDL2 port.

My Github

2019-06-20 04:22:22

@48
You can get things done with almost any language, it just largely depends on how much effort your willing to invest in some cases. Digging around a bit I came across some resources for FreePascal, a free open source pascal compiler. There's some audio libraries [here], some GUI libraries [here], and coincidentally a guide for FreePascal and SDL/SDL2 [here], with some SDL2 headers [here].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer