2019-06-15 05:14:15

Hello,
I've selected indent indicate but it still doesn't work with notepad++. But it works with notepad. Also, how do I install the script? here's what I did. I went into the scripts folder, made a new file called JAWSHome.jss, pasted your code there and saved it. Opened the script manager, opened the JAWSHome.jss file and pressed ctrl+s to compile and JAWS said "compile complete". Am I doing something wrong here or have I missed something?
Regards,
Amit

There once was a moviestar icon.
Who prefered to sleep with the light on.
They learnt how to code, devices sure glowed,
and lit the night using python.

2019-06-15 17:23:46

Hi,
1. Open Notepad++
2. Press JAWSKEY+F2 to bring up the managers list.
3. Go down to Script Manager and press ENTER. The Notepad++ Script Manager will load.
4. Paste the script into the manager and press CTRL+S to compile.

JAWS associates scripts with the application name, so the Notepad++ scripts file is called Notepad++.jss.

6. Type something like pressing tab twice and then some text. When you press Home to return to the beginning of the line, JAWS should announce the character you land on.
7. If it doesn't, you need to assign a key to the script. Put your cursor after the line

Script JAWSHome()

, and press CTRL+D. This will bring up the Script documentation dialog.
8. Press TAB until you get to the Assign To box, and press Home, then press ENTER.
9. Press CTRL+S to compile again. Now the script is associated with the HOME key in Notepad++.

2019-06-16 04:15:52

Hello,
It works. When I press home, it indeed says the first character, but it still doesn't announce any indentation. Like in simple notepad, it says 4 spaces, 8 spaces etc etc.
Regards,
Amit

2019-06-16 15:25:14

That's indeed strange. As soon as I pressed JAWSKEY+V and set "Indentation" to "Indicate" in Notepad++, JAWS started announcing the indentation.

One thing you can try is turning off line numbers in Notepad++ if you have them on. This used to interfere with NVDA's announcement of indentation too.

1. Open Notepad++'s Preferences by selecting Tools->Preferences
2. Go down to the "Editing" tab.
3. Uncheck the box "Display line number."
4. Click "Close."

2019-06-16 20:53:02

The latest Notepad++ update broke something huge; Narrator and NVDA fail to function with them (and) supposedly JAWS doesn't either. I'm talking about NOtepad++ 7.7. Not sure what they broke but they broke something major.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-16 22:23:59

hej @ethin,
it works with latest Jaws like charm, the only thing which fails to work is the indentation

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-06-17 04:27:47

Hello,
If I turn off line numbers, it does announce indentation. But then it doesnt say line numbers. Does it still say line numbers in your case?
And Ethin, I have notepad++ 7.7, it works with both NVDA and JAWS.
Regards,
Amit

2019-06-17 06:14:54

@32, I have notepad++ 7.7 and it freezes NVDA when it gains focus.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-17 06:39:20

Ah that, fixed for the next NVDA version. https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9609

2019-06-17 06:56:57

Hello,
So, I don't have this issue because I am using NVDA 2019.2 beta?
Regards,
Amit

2019-06-17 08:06:39

This also doesn't happen on 32-bit builds of NOtepad++. (The Scintilla code is messed up and needs a serious rewrite.)

My Github