2019-06-14 15:51:40

I believe it is. Don’t worry about it, I know how you feel. I’ll only be able to join later tonight.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-06-14 16:20:53

Okay good news! I managed to renew my Xbox live gold subscription and get an extra month thanks to game pass ultimate. I will be able to play online tonight! Yay!

2019-06-14 17:24:39

I'm assuming no streaming includes not streaming to OCR with your pc, or is that not included

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-06-14 17:55:14

I think if your streaming to your pc, your fine, if not  and it's to a public service, you shouldn't be. I"m streaming to my pc.

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2019-06-14 18:05:44

Has anybody had any luck getting online yet?

2019-06-14 18:14:38

I just got on, and have to do a 8 GB update, just a few more minutes. smile

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-06-14 18:27:01

Still offline for mehmmmm.
Anybody know whenit is live?

2019-06-14 19:07:25

@sirpdex How do I join your party?

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2019-06-14 19:45:39

Add me on Xbox Sirpex

2019-06-14 19:53:51

Am online now and so is madden. My party is open to join.

2019-06-14 22:26:23

I tried using the Skype link and it wouldn't join. What gives?

2019-06-14 23:01:41

Okay. This is. Amazing. if this makes it's way to NHL I will be in heaven.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-06-14 23:28:27

Initial thoughts. Positives, I live literally everything that talks, from the pause menu to stats in games. Also does the PA guy give out more information than he did before, or is that just me? Sound appears to be crisper, and franchise is a changed experience with most menus actually being read. Not mentioning the plays, hopefully that gets fixed in a later update. Only reason I brought them up was to ask if training goals were included in content that just couldn't be read at the moment? the stuff after completing training also isn't read. Idk if that's like exp gained and stuff, but it would be nice to know. My only other thing to ask is if there's a way to compare free agents and possible tradable players to your current posissions? I'm not sure if I've forgotten anything, buuuut. All in all totally worth the wait, thank you.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2019-06-14 23:33:14

yeah, I am surprised at how much is actually read, good job EA and Karen, I hope this makes its way to other EA games, menu naration is probably the easiest thing to implement IMO.

2019-06-15 00:13:29

BradP: No, menus are not the easiest thing to implement. Not on consoles.

2019-06-15 00:16:57

well, its not self vocing, its using some sort of TTS.

2019-06-15 01:30:29

My first issue that I wish was totally accessible is there sign up screen. It is annoying and fidgety when we can't actually no it's on the screen .

2019-06-15 01:34:28

So far very impressed with the menu accessibility and I'm hoping it will be implemented across all titles that are under the EA umbrella like FIFA .

2019-06-15 09:39:19

So one thing I did notice. I think mayb eothers have to. When you go in to the accessibility menu, and you're highlighted on narration, it doesn't automatically speak, but if you press down, and then go back up it will then speak to tell you it's status. overall this is absolutely amazing. it would be nice if certain popups would read, but again I realize it's menu narration, so it's gotta start somewhere.
Using this and OCR I was able to run a Bears season. I also created my own character and put him in as QB for the Bears.
It's unfortunate that in game menus like the playbook won't read, but I do understand from a technical standpoint why this isn't possible.
I'm going to assume that any sort of coaching mode is also not accessible? I haven't gotten around to that yet.
I will be buying this no question. Unlike Madden 19, I can see myself coming back to this game through out the season.
It's amazing the world a small thing like menu narrations can open up. I honestly feel like I could get a lot out of NHL games if I had the ability to know what I'm customizing. I agree with others. I hope this technology can make it's way to other sports games.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-06-15 09:43:40

Yes, yes please make it into other sports. We were saying the same thing yesterday.

Liam wrote:

Okay. This is. Amazing. if this makes it's way to NHL I will be in heaven.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2019-06-15 10:58:23 (edited by Sightless Kombat 2019-06-15 12:06:22)

Unfortunately, I've been unable to get into the game due to origin account screens asking me to "type the characters you see" after logging in.  If I can get sighted assistance to access the beta I will, but it's very frustrating to not have these screens narrated for easier navigation or have an audio challenge option at least.
Update: After relaunching the game and entering my password again, the security check didn't come up and I entered the game, configured it and started looking around with no issues.  I have to say, even though I'm not a massive fan of the voice used, it's not bad (though there appear to be some pronunciation issues like "OK" being read as "Oklahoma" for instance and the tutorials not currently being read, though that latter point could be resolved via a patch.

This game feels less scary than Madden 18, the previous game I played in the series, but I think, rather than me having obtained some understanding of American Football, it's simply because I have control over the menus and what I'm doing, as opposed to having to constantly follow a guide to *hopefully* achieve a specific goal.  If this could be added to other EA games that are arguably less niche, with other accessibility features being implemented as well, I really can see a fully accessible game being pushed out within the next 2 or 3 years, if not sooner.

My final point of frustration though comes from the fact that it just dumps you into a game with no information on when you can directly exit it.  Thanks to the menu accessibility, I was able to do this relatively easily, though it would be good to see an option to go straight to the main menu as opposed to being thrown in at the deep end.

Keep up the great work Karen and team.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2019-06-15 12:11:49

My code says not available in this region. Is the beta US specific?

2019-06-15 12:56:32

no it isn't. Yeah, another thing that I have noticed is you actually hear the ball go into the air, as in it makes a sound when it is thrown or kicked into the air, its really handy so I can intercept the ball at the right time. I played 3 games and won all 3 games, and this is coming from an australian who knows nothing about american football or who is on the teams. But I think I will be picking up this game, I am doing a cloud franchise as the new england patriots and am on game 4 of the pre season and have won every game by at least 15 points. It's really been fun and I am not sure if that is because I have menu naration so can get a better idea of what I am doing. I just wish I knew what all the different things on the upgrade screen meant like speed rush ground support and front line and all that.

2019-06-15 14:55:34

I am just getting the prepaid card is not available in this region message

2019-06-15 15:14:57

Okay, now it’s time for my opinion. First of all, I would like to just give a big thank you to every single person at EA sports that had anything to do with this accessibility improvement. This is a massive step up  over madden 19 and I really think that this game is going to be one of the best ones I ever played. Here is my feedback both good and bad. First of all, the menu narration works quite nicely. I do notice however that the menu feels a bit less responsive than it would if menu narration was turned off. This is not a bad thing, but do you think someone could please look into it and  see if anything can be done? If not possible, that’s OK. Another thing I would like to point out is the menu voice. It’s not bad, but I do have a few issues. First of all, the way some things are pronounced. The word pro bowl is pronounced as one syllable. Also, I’ve had a few times where I’ve not been able to understand what the menu voice has been saying. For example, the option that says call timeout. This is not bad, but it is just something I thought I had to point out. Also,  and this is just minor, but we have no menu sounds when the menu narration is turned on. We have the sound that confirms that we have clicked on something, but we don’t have the sound that it makes when moving through the menu. I turned  menu narration  off and I have confirmed that the sound is in the game. Again, this  menu narration  is done extremely well. If anything can be done about my feedback, that would be appreciated. If not, then that’s OK. It will not diminish my opinion of this game.