2019-06-13 08:51:22

I can't help but thinking that recreating the topic would be a bad idea, but then what do I know.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-06-13 09:35:41

SLJ wrote:

1. I thought every moderators and admins agreed that topics shall never be deleted, unless it is spam or any other great reason which have nothing to do with the content of the topic.

That's how I remember it too, but maybe things were changed.  As has been said before, a mistake was made.  I can see people on both sides who are going too far.  I disagree with some of the leaps of paranoia just as much as I disagree with those who see no problem with the deletion since they didn't like the thread's contents.  Both of those views will cause nothing but problems.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

Thumbs up

2019-06-13 09:54:41

Tin foil hats for everyone. Lol.

2019-06-13 16:15:15

I've been thinking how to write this for the past day or so. We're at an impasse here, the users and the mods. We really shouldn't be though. It's the moderators' job to make sure the place runs smoothly so that the majority of the user base has a nice place to be. The others are people who stir up trouble. Now, I am about as anti-Jayde as it is possible to be. I tend to think things are this bad right now because of him. I don't think he's mod material and wish he would step down. However, it doesn't make sense to attribute things to him, or any other mod just because I have a problem with them. Going solely off that, every single person would have a problem with him because I said this, that, and the other thing which caused everyone else to go with me. Think about this though, what if the entire team just got cleaned sacked, and a whole new team got put in their place. Would that matter right now? Not really, because the users are so hot and not giving the mods' any space to do their jobs. You can't be effective if most of your active community is battering you about every little thing. The topic deletion, who honestly gives a crap about this? Why are you making it into a big deal? Everyone knows Alireza is a troll, and posted that for the purpose of starting shit. Pranum is keeping the drama alive for no other reason than to watch the fireworks, I think that is obvious.

I think a mistake was made in this case, though an honest one. It just tells is all. It suggests that communication is not what it should be between the mods, or the mods and admins. I think things may have been better organized under Dark, and we never got a peek behind the scenes. When the whole thing blew up, we did get that peek and now ever since then, it's been crazy. Well, crazy gotta die down at some point. These people gotta be able to do their jobs without demons breathing fire down their necks.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-13 16:31:19

A little  of topic, but what is an accessible and easy to use software to open rar files

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

Thumbs up

2019-06-13 16:51:57

That isn't a little off topic, that's a lot off topic, and I shall not answer.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-13 17:20:47

jimmy69 wrote:

A little  of topic, but what is an accessible and easy to use software to open rar files

Rule 5. Please create a topic in the off-topic room to ask that.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

Thumbs up

2019-06-13 17:25:00

This is a mistake and a learning experience for all of us. I am extremely glad that Arqmeister came forward. Still not happy that something like this happened though, this isn't how we should role. @Aprone, I promise that this hasn't changed, so I would consider this, very much, a communication error between staff, or at least, one based on impulse.

Thumbs up

2019-06-13 17:51:28

It is so I can look at the back up of the topic. If it is really that much of an issue I will make a topic in off-topic, but yeah I was just trying to figure out a way to open it

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

Thumbs up

2019-06-13 19:05:52

As stated by two people, it is an issue, because it is not relevant to the current discussion.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-13 19:25:14

jimmy69 wrote:

It is so I can look at the back up of the topic. If it is really that much of an issue I will make a topic in off-topic, but yeah I was just trying to figure out a way to open it

This should do what you want.

https://www.7-zip.org/

Also, I'll put rule 5 below so you can see what we're harping about.

5. Please do not hijack someone else's topic. Conversations change and evolve, but users who make a habit of derailing other people's conversations may face disciplinary action.

It's not a big deal, but you should just keep that in mind. When in doubt, create a new topic.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

Thumbs up

2019-06-14 00:01:35

Whats an accessable program to download videos from Youtube?

Thumbs up

2019-06-14 00:17:30

Moderation:

Mazen, you can go ahead and consider this a caution. Your question is absolutely, no-doubt-about-it off topic. This is generally not the sort of thing you should be doing. Remember, cautions don't add up and are mostly just a way of saying "hey, watch it". You are being cautioned, not punished.

The reason Jimmy69 is not being cautioned is because, while he didn't explain himself, I can see the root of his question regarding the .rar file posted earlier. There is at least some relevancy there. But with yours, Mazen, I fail to see any link at all. Given that this point had already been raised, I can't see ignorance as an excuse.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-06-14 05:59:00

to the original poster:
thankfully you had a back up copy of that deleted topic. That makes you way more suspicious as far as your activity goes, but hey, all of us believe or see things differently. Anyway, I would put that .rar file to good use and read post 23 from that archived copy over and over and over, and apply it to everything I do in my life instead of wasting time here saying that I would leave the forum and blah blah blah and conspiring. I would definitely be a better and smarter person, wouldn't you think? maybe no, I know you will just skip pas this post and then come up with another sort of pointless drama which is actually getting amusing at this point. Its a good stress reliever for some of us but its not the better way.
I love how you then would say something is character assassination,  and tell the people who posted there to watch their backs. What are you, exactly, trying to accomplish_ if you are so bored might I suggest playing games, exercising, reading, talking to friends, ETC, plenty of things to do. Its as if I was your very bored neighbor and went to your house and to your parents asking who of all of your siblings were disliked the most.. but oh, as a fun thing, as a silly pass time. That is not going to work at all if your family went through some rough times.. there is a time and place for everything, it is wise and very common knowledge if this was present in everything you did, including posting on an internet forum.

I do not agree with just straight up deleting the topic, it was probably not really that urgent or bad, but that was cleaned too and an apology plus an admission of responsibility was accepted, so any more posts here right after this one are also way too pointless.. now, if I might also have some round of bk3 where there is a boat and I have to defeat McTrollerson. with a paddle?

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thumbs up

2019-06-14 09:53:49

hard to bleave  that no one  removed it, wierd, but honestly   admins doesn't have rights to remove topics with out any   reason ,

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-06-14 09:58:51

forum is going back words, that's all i can say, both admins and users has went too far, things were much   better when dark was in the admin team, whatevver i say, meh

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-06-14 09:59:01

Tehcnically they do have the right to remove a topic with no reason. It's just not something that is normally if ever done

2019-06-14 13:34:14

I think we are dun with this, we dont want more opinions, do we? and we can expect users and admins to learn from this incident,
I think this topic should be closed!

allow me to speak more,
catch me on Twitter
or, Mastodon

2019-06-14 13:53:03

I agree. Topic locked.

Thumbs up