2019-06-12 09:29:57

So I just opened the new version and it keeps announcing the version number and the week/month without prompting...

2019-06-12 09:51:25

Happened to me also. I thought I did something to my PC. Some of that stuff is useful, but I wish I could turn it off and on. I do think its helpful to hear the year, month and week each turn.

2019-06-12 11:35:41

I just made my monster die on purpose to see how the death scene was played. That's one heck of an emotional and sad scene man.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-06-12 12:10:31

How you can kill it?

2019-06-12 12:18:43 (edited by mazen 2019-06-12 12:19:58)

I hope in the next update you will be able to rename your monster , but you can do it 2 times in the monster’s life
Because i chose a stupid name and i would like to rename him

2019-06-12 12:20:36

Wait, rename twice? How?
Well you just keep playing til the thing die and you'll see the scene. It's bloody sad.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-06-12 12:25:07

@Mata, I did use the zip version, though as I will probably just transfer  via sendspace and then download the game onto my laptop, I'm wondering if I can get away with just taking the userdata folder with me since that is where the save and preferences are stored.

Maizon, I believe your monsters will die  they live long enough and you don't put them in storage. When my worm  its age was listed as "lasty"

The death scene is a rather lovely emotional one, but it's a shame that there isn't  in game benefit you could get for actually seeing it and your best off just restoring from a previous save and combining your monsters.

it'd be sort of nice  if your monster could die and leave an actual memorial in the game which would increase training of your next monster by a small amount, EG if your next monster was trying to live up to the legacy of its predecessor, that way there would  a reason for you to see a monster through from birth to death and still derive a bennifit rather than having to store it when it got too old and then combine it with another monster later.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-12 13:20:20

in some of the older Monster rancher games. If you let your monster die, it would sometimes leave an item behind you could use when combining monsters and you got to use Ghosts that way. In later games your monster would leave their hearts behind which you gave to other monsters to boost them, and in very late monster rancher games, when your monster got too old, you froze it automatically because it was too old to take care of itself.

2019-06-12 13:29:28

I actually like the idea of monster memorials giving boosts, since that way your monster has a legacy rather than being basically rendered down to just components to make better monsters.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-12 13:42:46

lol, this game has nothing to do with manamon,
at least say pokemon instead of manamon, lol

2019-06-12 13:55:10

so. what about the saving problem?

2019-06-12 13:59:56

there is no saving problem

2019-06-12 14:03:12

Right, I'd love to see something like that. It feels kinda heartless for me to just mash two mobs together and form a new, even though it's better than the original, still. Or may be I'm just too emotional myself lol.
Copying userdata does the trick. Every save and option stuff are in there. If you want to change the directory, you can just delete the option settings thingy and make a new one. It won't mess up your save game.

2019-06-12 14:08:46

Agreed Mata, while it makes sense on a purely mechanical perspective to just smoosh two monsters together, it'd be nicer emotionally if you got to see a monster's hole life and that life then had an effect on your game later.

For data, what I want to do is the same as I do with crazy party, be able to just transfer the same saved game between two machines, so that when I'm on my laptop at my parents I can still go on with progression. I'll zip up the userdata folder and take it with me, though as I have fewer files generally on my laptop there won't be quite as much choice for the next monster.

2019-06-12 14:18:47

it’s scenes that the   folder   user data was hidden. so I created a new folder and it worked

2019-06-12 14:22:33

What does the radio control do and how do I use it?
I mean how does it works?

2019-06-12 14:27:08

yeah instead of doing load save again and again to unite monsters, making die should effect on the next monster you created, or a juel that type, its difficult to find a golem juel ug

2019-06-12 14:29:39

How do you use jewels? I have plenty of them, even a golem one.

2019-06-12 14:36:08

You use jewels when combining different monsters. When you do a combination your asked what jewel to add, I think they're a way of getting more unusual monster types by smooshing more types together.
I'll probably try one when I've got my ghowl ryan to the point where it'll combine just for kicks.

2019-06-12 14:46:24

my dam magical doll refuses to learn moves, and this is getting anoying

2019-06-12 15:18:03

Yeah, about learning moves, could you force or try to get your monster to learn moves? or does this happen whenever it reaches a certain age, or a certain amount of stats?

2019-06-12 15:23:34

Increase his intelligence And battle a lot

2019-06-12 15:47:44

Aha, there is a move called sing, I don't really know what does it do, can anyone explain?

2019-06-12 17:34:15 (edited by omer 2019-06-12 17:36:50)

ok this is verry sad,
my monster died as sune as he one the b1 colosium compatetion,
Nickname: goodboy
Tribe: Gardner (Golem and Magical Doll)
Enjoyment: 0 age and 11 month
Closeness: Good relationship
Popularity: 84
Helth: 461
Power: 679
intelligence: 471
Concentration: 444
Reflexes: 448
Toughness: 741
Colosseum: S3
Marathon: C
Flag Race: E
Contest: E

2019-06-12 18:54:28

Both of mine died at around almost 4 years.