2019-06-11 22:43:34

you mean 1998?

2019-06-11 22:52:05

I honestly do not give one single solitary fuck, do whatever you wanna do buddy.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-11 23:04:51

not such a quick note. more like, a three day long popcorn fest!

2019-06-11 23:05:58 (edited by Liam 2019-06-11 23:09:49)

So this is the part where I point out how both of you are wrong.

First. Jayde.

I do not agree with a lot of what Brandon says, but I do agree that at times you do attempt to carry yourself as the all-knowing all-seeing iron fisted tyrant whether you realize it or not. I don't get in to politics and so I don't care who leans which way. I find the left vs. right garbage to be a bunch of garbage. So... Couldn't give too f*cks less who is liberal, or conservative, or a donkey, or an elephant, or who drinks tea, or whatnot. Screw that. I want you to take a look at a lot of the posts you've written. By the end of every post even if you are not directly referenced you have the tendency to start singing me me me about what ever the topic is. I get it. You're trying to do the best you can. Okay. That's fair, but tooting one's horn gets old quickly. There is no I in team, and I know you know that.

ooph okay. Now on to Brandon.

I'm not going to needlessly roast you, but your conduct towards Jayde has been less than mature. I am unsure what bug you have up your butt, but you can not carry yourself like this and attempt to be expect to be taken seriously. I've seen very little fact and more speculation or opinion. I am not expecting you to cite each point with resources, but at the same time where ever Jayde posts/says/does something, you instantly have to attack. It's getting old and is extremely counter productive. you are basing your opinions based on what has been written in  the forum by a member who is a moderator and who is tryign to work in an official capacity. Do you know Jayde? have you spoken to Jayde off the site? If not, then I find it extremely unfair and short sighted to base an opinion on forum posts. Again. I am not going to say Jayde is blameless, but you aren't exactly blameless either.

A vast majority of us are adults here. Start acting like it for fucks sakes!

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-06-11 23:42:18

Liam, you have a point.

It's not a desire to be tyrannical or arrogant, but I can definitely be wordy, and also firm at the same time. And tenacious. I know that. Combine those traits and it's easy to get negative vibes. I hear that and I'm trying to work on it. It's very much a forum thing; this is pretty much the only place I get this criticism on anything approaching a regular basis. At no point have I tried implying I'm always right, but I also don't precisely enjoy half-assing something if I am fully convinced the other person is wrong. I mean yeah, I'll do it, but if that other viewpoint seems harmful to me? Not inclined to be buddy-buddy with it. I also don't like being attacked without cause. I have zero problem with you saying what you just said, btw. I don't agree entirely with it, but that's the joy of opinions like these. You're not entirely off base and I see what you're getting at. It's a constant battle. See what I did there?

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-06-12 01:37:39

I didn't expect you to agree with it. No one likes being criticized.

2019-06-12 01:44:04 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2022-02-20 15:22:26)

Jade, your comment about not being informed regarding a decision is the worst excuse I've heard in my life. If you are uninformed with regard to an issue, especially one as significant and important as the Walter issue, you abstain from the vote And let moderators who know what they're dealing with make the decision. You didn't do that. Instead, you voted, and that vote sent a message. You may not have intended that message to be sent, but it was sent. And now, your excuses make you look even more incompetent and deceitful.

Secondly, if you have a problem with us as a community judging your actions, you should have never taken this position. Because of your job, your actions will be judged, and you came in here and made a complete fool of yourself and basically promoted the status quo. This forum is even more draconian, hostile, provocative and toxic now than it ever was before if you want my honest opinion, and your constant ego trips, I-am-God posts, and snivels about character assassination whenever you're called out sets a poor example for this community. Frankly, I believe you should step down as administrator and hand the forum over to someone more qualified and less egotistic.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-06-12 02:30:38

Is it me, or have we dived into a spiral from which we'll never come out being in our collective happy place? This is a pattern I'm often seeing here, and while I understand everyone is trying to do good, say what needs to be said etc. I think we are now at the point where there is little to be said which will actually curve anything. Someone is always going to be dissatisfied with someone or something, and that dissatisfaction will require a defense of some kind. I'm not saying these discussions are always useless, but I'm kinda wondering what it'll take to bring anything more productive out of this one. But I guess I'll wait and see.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-06-12 03:45:05

couldn't agree more with 58.
We are having something similar to the leasey games drama. Go research and read those posts if you are unsure of what I mean. Or, in a nutshell--just as leasey games will not make games for NVDA, you get over it, move on, find something else and stop speaking to a wall about how that corporation is such a bunch of this or that (insert all of the profanity you want here) for supporting something as ungodly sick as jaws for winblows. Or you actually buy or get jaws, and get the games, and play happily to your hearts content.
Why can't we apply that kind of thinking in an internet forum?
people are getting too attached to things... and that is just a problem. If you think moderation is so bad, then come yourself with a proposal using your own merits, that will make it better for all of us, or show us how moderation really ought to be done.
Its those times where its better and way easier to very stupidly criticize others rather than just get along and do something together. But, alas, its 2019 and this is the new survival trend or whatever.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-06-12 06:33:04

We can argue this, but losing Jayde as a moderator would be a bad bad thing.
Besdies Carter, jayde is about the only person who is going to put their foot down and not let people get away with the constant BS they throw in this forum. I'm the same way. you guys miss me as a mod yet? Lol.

2019-06-12 07:54:31

Agreed with post 60. Think what you want, but Jayde is a really good resource behind the scene in the moderator team.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-06-12 09:27:34

Nah because my cat is working for him. See, I finally figured it out. Her double echelon triple-threat trident multi-vector assault. So, here's the skinny. I wake up one morning to find three things wrong. First, a coffee table with a vase and flowers got turned over and the water spilled over the table and ruined it. Then, I find the water dish turned over and water is all over the floor. Finally, I find a cat turd on the kitchen rug. Now tonight, There's a light in the window which she knocked down and the bulb was hot, which made the couch smoke a bit and start to stink. What other conclusion can I reach, my cat is working for Jayde.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-12 10:06:02

For the peeps who are scared of writing their opinions
there's freedom of speech here, and if your posts are not doing character assassination and are true, he can't give you any warnings, and if he does, everyone will know that they were wrong.

2019-06-12 13:08:16

I will not be stepping down anytime soon. If you have legitimate concerns with how I'm doing things - that word "legitimate" is extremely important, so please don't forget it - I will field those concerns as best I can. I am aware that my style rubs some people the wrong way, and I'm endeavouring to work on it. What I will no longer bother with, however, are the baseless accusations attached to my vote on the Dark situation, and all the business surrounding it. I've made my stance on that, my behaviour, my choices and my wrongdoing, extremely clear; it is now up to you, the reader, to parse the facts, and, if you think I willfully acted in ignorance, to reread until you find the bit where I said that I thought my information was accurate when I made my choice at the time.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-06-12 14:17:46 (edited by gerech 2019-06-12 14:18:12)

hi,
first of all why are we arguing about mods on a topic where liam decided to leave?
i have nothing to say about this situation. i haven't been around long enough to know about the walter situation. so i'm just going to shut up and watch the arguments.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-06-26 18:56:47 (edited by JLove 2019-06-26 19:18:13)

I have been away for a while, so am just catching up on threads.  I cannot speak to what actually occurred with the Walter/Lori situation.  I read the relevant topics, but I am not a mod, and I was not at the meetings where votes were cast, so I cannot weigh in on what information anyone had when casting their votes.  In a case like that, I tend toward giving the person actually faced with being in that position the benefit of the doubt, absent cogent and extremely compelling evidence to the contrary.  Perhaps if more of this community took that approach, fires would not so easily arise.  Let's look at this case.  If I understand correctly, Jayde's position is that he was given information by others on the moderator team, and that he cast his vote accordingly, based solely on that information.  If that is true, then proceeding against him with accusations of corruption based on that alone seems rather flimsy at best.  Let's look at another scenario, for example.  If you could prove that Jayde knew of the situation before joining the moderator team, that he knew other moderators as friends, and that he colluded with those friends to acquire a position on the team in exchange for giving them a desired result by voting a certain way, then you would absolutely have a good-faith basis to claim corruption in my opinion.  However, I do not recall Brandon, or anyone else for that matter, ever alleging such a thing, and Jayde does not say that such a scenario occurred.  Therefore, such evidence is not before me.  assuming that Jayde's assertion is the absolute truth, then I believe the mistake that Jayde made was two-fold.  First, trusting fully in the information provided by others and relying on only what they told him in voting, despite knowing that there was controversy surrounding the participants (including those active on the moderator team), seems ill-advised to me, and (2) Being willing to cast a vote despite not pursuing independent research and fact-finding for himself, given the acrimony of the parties involved and the indisputably contentious nature of the aforementioned controversy, just smacks of laziness.  If I had been the moderator added in haste under the conditions that he faced, I would have spent quite some time reviewing all relevant logs and posts, as well as talking to all parties involved before I would have been willing to cast a vote, and if I was expected to cast my vote based solely on what other mods told me, or if voting was required by manifest necessity before my own investigation was completed, I would have respectfully, but firmly, abstained.  I do not believe that Jayde's mistake is borne of a spirit of corruption, but was perhaps due to a willingness to believe what others were telling him, to trust them, without independently verifying their claims, and perhaps, to a lesser extent, or maybe to a greater one, a desire to take the easy road as it were, to avoid the hard work of reading through hours of emails and list posts and talking to all of the people involved.  That doesn't strike me as corrupt.  Incompetent?  Maybe.  Lazy?  Almost certainly.  Imprudent?  Definitely.  Harmful to the reputation that you would want to cultivate as a moderator?  Undoubtedly.  But not corrupt.  Moreover, I doubt very sincerely that he will make those mistakes again.  If I am wrong in that regard, then he does so at his own peril, a fact that he is no doubt cognizant of, given the heightened scrutiny that his position creates, and the willingness of many in this community to pounce quickly and ravenously upon what they deem to be improper behavior.
My point is, we have more than two hundred years of jurisprudence in this country that speaks of giving the benefit of any doubt to parties who have been accused, and to fairness and due process before affirming guilt upon another.  It seems to me that this community struggles to remember the spirit of those beliefs in its dealings with one another.