2019-06-07 22:03:23

Hello.
I'm going to create a new social network for the blind and visually impaired. Search for new friends, chat, etc.
I'll be glad to those who are ready to help me in my project.
I need translators who will help with translation into languages other than Russian and English.
Also, I'll not mind PHP programmers who will work with me to develop this social network.
I plan not to do a good frontend, for this reason, I'll be glad to JS programmers who will agree to help.
Detailed information here:
https://youtu.be/VP7lWo-GFxA
Thank you!

2019-06-08 14:31:43

hi,
so is this social network going to be like twitter, or facebook?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-06-08 17:41:30

I highly recommend  uaing a framework like Django for this. Django is particularly well suited for social networks with its simple Object Model  makes interacting with any DB system uniform and easy. twitter and instagram were developed using the django framework. It's really quick to learn if you know python. And if you even dont know python, that's easy to learn as well.

2019-06-08 18:26:39

Don't we have enough of those, but seriously? Facebook, twitter, skype, even quentin c playroom can be called as one, elten, if someone is not on any of them, well...

2019-06-08 18:38:29

@4 Yes we have many of them, but that doesn't mean that you'll show the developer the gate directly. And now people wonder why don't we get new stuff to test, interact or play with. @1 I could help with the translation. Please let me know by any of the forum's contact method.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2019-06-08 18:38:35

Yeah, I am sorry about being sceptical here, but as stated in the previous post, it seems to me like reinventing a bicycle. Of course when you do it as a programming and development exercise, then why not, but you have to consider that you quite probably won't get a lot of users.

2019-06-08 20:29:28

Agreed with 6. And 5, basically Elten is the easiest to translate. You open the ELG file in a notepad and there you go. That's why I'm actually making a hungarian translation, so yeah, if a social thing is made up well then I try to help as much as I can and support it. But a new one won't get many users.

2019-06-08 20:35:54

we are beeg beeg studios vury beeg beeg and we goingg tu create a beeg beeg social network, thats what i want to say
instead of reinventing the social networks, do something else instead
else it'll going to be empty like others
lol evin the google tryed to catch up with the facebook with the social network they crated, but got to close after some time
beeg beeg studios!

2019-06-08 21:21:47

blindaudiogamer, not really.
Look at the Interpals. Something like this, but more.

Dragonlee, Sorry, I gave up on Python.
Twitter uses C++, Java, Scala, Ruby in Backend.

MasterOfDeath, Where can you search for people by parameters? By gender, age, city?

pranam, You were in my Skype...

2019-06-09 08:32:12

Well, there's a bunch of telegram bots to look up for new people baste on age and location if you're a fan of it.
A, I don't know about Java/Ruby/Scala, but if you're planning to do it all in C++, you'd have to have a solid knowledge of the language and have experienced working with popular frameworks/libraries out there. Boost eg, unless it'd be very difficult, if not impossible. I guess Python offers easier solution?

2019-06-09 09:31:35

Why you not join to help with the Elten proiect?

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2019-06-09 10:12:21

Okay, fair enough. But if you gave up on python  because it was too hard then I think you might find developing the backend with C++ a lot harder.

Another option I've been looking into recently that is an excellent alternative if you don't like python is google's FireBase. You can program the backend in javascript or any of its dialects (I highly recommend TypeScript). It gives you a robust, scalable, and secure server out of the box that you can add ready made modules to add functionality. I honestly prefer JS to python, so if I was going to make a web app I would give firebase a try, but I have had a good experience with django when I used it for developing a web app before.

2019-06-09 12:37:02

LOL I'm also on your skype....
@gonzalez most of those people are fake.
@masterofdeath you forgot to mention tiflo space, they even have a game called ontoys.

2019-06-09 16:22:01

Oh sorry, yes, that exists, too. Am a member of it, just realised LOL

2019-06-09 17:06:25

I can tell you that writing a web APP in C++ that's dynamic is going to be about 20 times harder than doing it in Python or JS. I'm going to cast doubt on the OP's ability to do much of anything (purely because he has shown this odd commitment cycle where he commits to a programming language for about an hour and then starts language-hopping).

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-10 12:52:43

gonzalez2016s.alovver, I gave up Python in favor of PHP.

dash, What is it?

Dragonlee, as I said, I gave up Python in favor of PHP for Backend.

Ethin, What's wrong with you people! Why are you talking about C++, if in my video I said it would be in PHP!

2019-06-10 18:03:18

jonikster wrote:

blindaudiogamer, not really.
Look at the Interpals. Something like this, but more.

Dragonlee, Sorry, I gave up on Python.
Twitter uses C++, Java, Scala, Ruby in Backend.

MasterOfDeath, Where can you search for people by parameters? By gender, age, city?

pranam, You were in my Skype...

haha, he was talking about twitter.
he was not saying that he wanted to use c++ he was purely saying what twitter was comprised of.

Have a lovely day.

2019-06-11 16:40:12

hi,
I agree with @2 don't we have enough?
twitter, facebook, reddit, discord, instagram, and more.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-06-11 19:23:48

yeh 18 and 2 have a point.
I would only make some thing like that, just for fun and if i was learning a    programming    language.
for example when i was learning vbs, i made a little chat program, it sucked, and i new it sucked. but i learned from that.
what I am trying to say is that making a platform like this is not very original.
The idea would be only feasible if you are ever learning something. or you really want to make a new social media  and you want to impact on people's life's

Have a lovely day.

2019-06-11 20:08:51

I don't understand why you need to separate blind people from sighted. It seems dumb to me to create a social network just for blind people .

2019-06-11 20:18:51

Hi.
I don't think this would be a success. We already have plenty of social media outlets, I use many of them, and I don't see why we need one for blind people only. Besides it not being original at all, how would you know if the people who signed up for your service were blind? Unless you have a sign-up process similar to what bookshare and bard have.
And why do we need more separation from sighted people? I can't speak for anyone else, but I get that sort of thing in real life, so I wouldn't like it in the online world.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-06-11 20:43:38

As someone who inherently disagrees with the idea of more isolation of the blind community purely on principal, this is just a downright offle idea. We need inclusion, not exclusion. We need integration, not isolation.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-11 21:08:30

While on principle I totally agree with that, nothing really prevents you from using multiple social networks. Blind specific network, if done well, can have unique features that simply do not have a place on standard social networks. Examples might include audio games, by nature very screen reader friendly clients and so on. However, this idea is definitely not unique, and wont be successful looking long time planning. Just curious though since I am not from US, what does Bard do to verify you are blind?

2019-06-12 07:15:44

michaelhoffman1976, I don't think it's right to discuss why this is necessary.
This will be used by those who need it.
I know blind people who are not separated from the sighted, they actively communicate with the sighted, they are not separate from them. But at the same time, these people don't want to have a sighted boyfriend or girlfriend, relationships.
And other reasons.

Guitarman, Did you watch my video?
Not only for the blind and visually impaired. For all people who are interested in this.
About why.
For example, you are a guy. And you would like to find a girl for a relationship among the blind and visually impaired. What would you do?
Or another example. You are from the USA and would like to know how blind people live in Brazil.
What are you going to do?
Many many other examples.

Ethin, You just don't understand the idea.
My idea is not about separating the blind from the sighted.
We can take me as an example. I'm blind. But I have nothing against communicating with the sighted. Most of my friends are sighted.
But it would be interesting for me to communicate with the blind and visually impaired from specific countries, besides, I'm only interested in relationships with the blind and visually impaired.
These are my preferences. And I think, who will see the meaning, will use my social network.

For all people.
This social network in the future may become an ordinary social network.
For example, show me social networks where I can search for people by parameter. Gender, age, marital status, city, etc.
I know only Interpalls and one Russian social network that is not used by foreigners ..

2019-06-12 11:32:24

there's playroom for that, my boy.
some people are like this
PersonX says: Hi
NovaPrime says: hello!
PersonX says: how are you?
NovaPrime says: I'm Alireza
PersonX says: How old are you?
NovaPrime says: I'm 20
PersonX says: Are you girl or boy?
NovaPrime says: I'm girl

well won't write the rest of it but this happened to me, PersonX was sorry of asking my gender and rage quit my table.
Also NovaPrime isn't my playroom name anymore I had renamed my account to that about a year ago and renamed it back to the same one I got in the forum.