2019-06-09 01:26:22

Hi,

I really want to get into MUDs, but am finding it difficult to choose a client. Should I buy VIPMud, modify Mush-Z, run my own version of MUSHclient, or do something else?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.
from The Book of Mozilla, 6:27

2019-06-09 01:29:13

do something else if you dont want to be accused of cloning. wahahahahahahahahahahahaha. But seriously though, mush client are good?

2019-06-09 03:06:15

Ok, call me dumb, but what the fuck is a mud?

2019-06-09 04:33:49

VIP sucks. It puts a small lag on any MUD you are on, there is no regex support, the interface is clunky, the scripting language is proprietary, and it isn't even fully accessible. As in, some of the fields and stuff don't even read with NVDA unless you use screen review to read the text above the edit box. Oh, and certain MUD commands you won't be able to enter without putting a > in front, because VIP has this weird command line parser that screws you out of using certain commands unless you use a > to bypass.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-09 10:27:57

AERH. The best 2 programs for MuD Would be vipmud and  mush z

see ya later. Hope you don't fall off a roof.

2019-06-09 20:26:54

@3.
pulled up straight from Wikipedia:
A MUD (//; originally Multi-User Dungeon, with later variants Multi-User Dimension and Multi-User Domain)[] is a multiplayer real-time virtual world, usually text-based. MUDs combine elements of role-playing games, hack and slash, player versus player, interactive fiction, and online chat. Players can read or view descriptions of rooms, objects, other players, non-player characters, and actions performed in the virtual world. Players typically interact with each other and the world by typing commands that resemble a natural language.
Traditional MUDs implement a role-playing video game set in a fantasy world populated by fictional races and monsters, with players choosing classes in order to gain specific skills or powers. The objective of this sort of game is to slay monsters, explore a fantasy world, complete quests, go on adventures, create a story by roleplaying, and advance the created character. Many MUDs were fashioned around the dice-rolling rules of the Dungeons & Dragons series of games.
Such fantasy settings for MUDs are common, while many others have science fiction settings or are based on popular books, movies, animations, periods of history, worlds populated by anthropomorphic animals, and so on.
source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MUD
I hope this helps!
best regards.

2019-06-09 23:01:02

@6, thank you.
I'm assuming that not all of these are accessible, hints some of the posts, in this topic?

2019-06-09 23:01:56

I wouldn't say so.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-10 03:30:08 (edited by TheGreatCarver 2022-04-26 01:30:49)

OK, so how do I turn off stuff like this in Mush-Z?

Line 5228, Sunday, June 09, 9:12:25 PM  help balloon

It's annoying and I don't need to hear it.

The Beast continued its studies with renewed Focus, building great Reference works and contemplating new Realities. The Beast brought forth its followers and acolytes to create a renewed smaller form of itself and, through Mischievous means, sent it out across the world.

2019-06-10 12:13:07

@7 a lot of them are. a few examples are like: Chatmud, Cosmic Rage, miriani, clok mud and alter aeon.

@9 Here is how you do it.
1. Make sure that you're on the world view not the output view.
2. Press alt+enter to  go to configuration.
3. Control tab till you reach the output tab.
4. Press alt pres l and it'll automatically focus on show line information. Uncheck that and you'll be good to go.
Best regards.

2019-06-10 13:47:56

Alt G for game then configuration, then output, then hit Alt L to switch that off. Some other ones you might wanna set are in commands tab. You can either control tab until you get it, or shift tab into the treeview and hit C. Keyboard preferences has two things. Escape deletes typing, which I always use, and arrow key retrieves partial command, which I always use. The second merits an explanation. As you know, you can up arrow to see past commands, but you can filter it with this option checked. Let's say that you have in the past typed drink waterskin and draw sword. Now if you want to drink again, you would just type D, R, I, then hit up arrow, and if it matched correctly, hit enter. It will also retrieve multiples. So if you have drink waterskin and drink tankard, D, R, I up arrow would find the last, then another use of up arrow would find the one previous to that.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-11 02:28:52

ironcross32 wrote:

Alt G for game then configuration, then output, then hit Alt L to switch that off. Some other ones you might wanna set are in commands tab. You can either control tab until you get it, or shift tab into the treeview and hit C. Keyboard preferences has two things. Escape deletes typing, which I always use, and arrow key retrieves partial command, which I always use. The second merits an explanation. As you know, you can up arrow to see past commands, but you can filter it with this option checked. Let's say that you have in the past typed drink waterskin and draw sword. Now if you want to drink again, you would just type D, R, I, then hit up arrow, and if it matched correctly, hit enter. It will also retrieve multiples. So if you have drink waterskin and drink tankard, D, R, I up arrow would find the last, then another use of up arrow would find the one previous to that.

OK, thanks. Can I do this in global preferences?

2019-06-11 03:29:16

nope. Ironically, you can set the font and so forth, but the line info isn't there.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-11 15:29:09

ironcross32 wrote:

nope. Ironically, you can set the font and so forth, but the line info isn't there.

Well, that's rather stupid. Oh well. Thanks for the help. I will change those settings.

2019-06-13 16:22:04

TheGreatCarver wrote:
ironcross32 wrote:

Well, that's rather stupid. Oh well. Thanks for the help. I will change those settings.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-06-13 16:49:57

What was the point in that?

End racism
End division
Become united