2019-06-10 10:21:33

Didn't the natives ride bare back?

I've played a lot worse than blind legend.

2019-06-10 11:11:39

Hello,
I agree with Simba and Connor here, just because we don't have that many games it shouldn't be forbidden to criticise them.
About Alter Aeon and A blind legend: I can't say much about Alter Aeon because MUDs aren't really my Thing.
And sure, a blind legend doesn't have that much replay value, but it is still a very good game.
Some new absolute worst games since I last posted in this Topic for me are tank battle (no clear concept, crappy SFM and for what you're getting, the Price is inacceptable), Monopoly planet (Did we really Need another Monopoly game) and some of the kitchensinc games, especially awesome homer, because the controls of that game are just crap.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-06-10 11:57:01

Agreed with 49.

2019-06-10 12:04:44

Fair enough. It's just my opinion. smile
No, the topic doesn't need to be closed, because no rules has been broken. So there is no reason to close the topic at all. smile
Next time someone complains about not getting great audiogames, then I'll just link to this topic as an example on why some developers might spend their time on something else.
Just keep up the great job. I won't try to stop you. big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-06-10 12:37:45

Hi.
@51 yeah they actually did, and while I can confirm that bareback is awesome with the right horse, the character in gg doesn't seam like a native to me, more like someone who randomly stumbeled on this small town and wants to try his luck, I think if he would have been a native the towns folks reactions would have been a bit different.

Oh and also, regarding other games, echos of levia or was it livia? The ingame characters them selves didn't seam to know it because at leased when I tried it out out, everyone was pronouncing it differently.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-10 12:50:29

Lol, people are fucking stupid. If you're going to rank a game as one of the worst, at least have the fucking decency to write a concise argument as to why you nominate said game. If you can't even take your time to give valid critisism, bury yourself. I'll write something later on the lines of this topic.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-06-10 13:16:57 (edited by defender 2019-06-10 13:21:50)

I agree that we should probably be less harsh about how we explain our displeasure (me included) particularly where the devs in question weren't displaying bad conduct; since it does effect this much smaller community very differently than the mainstream.
Sure you can draw some parallels to make a point, but lets not be willfully ignorant about the facts here, this is quite a different environment than youtube, twitch, twittter or reddit.

That said, I see no harm in this thread as a general concept.  In real life, not everything can be positive, and sometimes it helps the gaming scene over all to sort the chaff from the wheat.  This way future devs know what mistakes to be extra careful to avoid, and potential buyers won't be as likely to waste their money on a game they regret purchasing.
Plus, it's a stimulating discussion that may cause people to take a second look at games they previously dismissed and might actually find they enjoy now.
Most of the really unfounded opinions have gotten shot down pretty fast as well, so for the most part it's policed it's self.

Besides, we really do have a problem with not only wasting our time playing but also encouraging the development of low quality/low effort  games here, especially among the younger players.  and even though this is a hobbyist run market for the most part and in the end we'll take what ever we can get because people are volunteering their time, it's still bad for the health of audio games in general and is one of the major contributing factors to the popularity of this steady stream of mostly boring ripoff  games over the last few years.

A smart dev would look at this topic and ask them selves ("how can I innovate and make something that addresses the complaints people are having about the previous games.  What can I provide that they couldn't").

2019-06-10 16:22:40

SBYW and Endless Runner, also Shooter. Boy oh boy, those games suck balls and the developer is stupid, all he wants to do is rip off his customers! God I can't stand that guy! Yucky!

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-06-10 17:20:04

Psycho strike. It sucks for a commercial game, no story, no replay value, nothing. And the game is hard ass to play, like really hard. I tried it for a bit and was like why the heck di I even bother.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-06-10 18:17:05

simba wrote:

Hi.

Ok, let's stick to known developer.

grizzly gulch and chillingham. Ok, they were fun the first few times around, the latter a bit more, but after some time they got really repetitive, the only close to entertaining thing you could then still do in gg was the shooting range at difficulty 12 and playing the saloon.
The sounds as well weren't that great to begin withh as well.
The voice acting and the missions were sorta fun, although it is confusing that you first by the horse, do a mission and then buy the saddle. I mean it works, but I wouldn't want to bring in a bandit that wway.

Let's see, blindfold games, I think we all know why. I still don't get why people see that guy as a god or something, but looking at applevis makes my stomach churn. Marty often posts to a german facebook group and I never leave a chance out to tell him how sucky his games are, yeah, I want that guy outa there.
Anything else?
Oh yeah. everyone come to the good side and play video games, much more entertaining.

Greetings Moritz.

yup I agree. video games are more fun for sure.

2019-06-10 18:36:18

Stw, stw, and stw

2019-06-10 18:59:34

Mason, WTF? Your games are one of my best choices to play.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-06-10 19:29:10

Hi,
@Urh: I guess he wanted to gain some sympathy via this failed attempt of self-irony.
@Mazen: I agree with you, but as someone said earlier, if you say a game is bad, back it up with reasons why you think the game is bad.
I'll provide mine for thinking STW is bad:
shitty community: sure, there are some very nice People on there but the majority are just immature Kids.
(well, I could, if the crafting recipes in STW were logic). By the way, I experienced all of this myself.
temperature: seriously, that temperature Thing in STW is just a joke. Remember that this is still intended as a game, not a Simulation.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-06-10 20:24:06

@urh, just because it's your game of choice doesn't mean anyone have to agree with you. Be mindful man.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-06-10 20:49:22

lol STW does have a lot of shitty balancing issue and is a fucking pay to win fest, but I'd hardly rank it as one of the worse games. Breakerbox does come to mind though ...

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-06-10 21:39:46

Personally, I dislike Breakerbox as a company, given its less-than-stellar sales practices, but Airik the Cleric was sort of interesting the first couple of times I played it. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either.

For me, the worst games would be, in no particular order:

PsychoStrike: Bad follow-through, a price tag that didn't match what one expects of a game (AHC cost less and delivered way, way more), weird balancing issues
Grizzly Gulch: repetition, weak voice acting, virtually no replayability, iffy customer support
Tournament (BPC games): ...because what exactly is this, except for a random number fest with really badly encoded commercial music?

And I've never played The Killer, Survive the Wild, Ultra Power or any other game from that neck of the woods, else I'm sure at least one of those games would be on the list, if for no other reason than that I personally despise sandbox shooters where the only goal is to take your opponent's 10-million-health bar away.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-06-10 22:15:16 (edited by revan 2019-06-10 22:20:19)

let's look the rotk
you have to grind 3 years,  if you have money, the chinese guy gladly will take away
but you aren't getting anywhere if you not planning to spend 2500 or 3000 usd
gold membership doesn't solve your problems,  you have to buy high level 60 armors in order to survive
getting level 250 or 300 won't help you to get powerful, without expensive armor, you are not getting anywhere
prepare to spend 5000 usd for everything, gold experience cards,  silver cards,  and more,  last you have to buy level 220 or level 60 weapons,  skills etc
the powerfull skills are paid,  with free skill you are nothing
lots of lag
piece of garbage
you have to beg them,  why your server lagging,  they ignoring,  they doesn't cares
well who wants spend money and play the garbage
chinese guy will kill you,  no matter whatever level you are
you are not getting to pass them... there's pk always on,  so prepare to get munched
whatever chinese rotk protectors will come and defend by guess in this forum
and some text based features muds i don't like

2019-06-10 22:30:25

Hi.

Oh wait, let's talk about Griff.

Bad sound design, bug ridden, bad voice acting and delivery. And you could actually walk and jump out of the map at certain places, next to walking up and down on the map.

The fun thing though, in griff two, the took the same bosses as in the first game and just reused them. Well surely, the bosses had other lines to say, but their attack patterns and the way you would beat them was exactly the same as in the first game, even in the same order.

Oh and another one. Zero sight. I don't know if anyone remembers, but personally the game really lacked any form of fun for me. The dog fighting wasn't really interesting, you only had rudementary flight controls and the sound design wasn't that grate also. Add the system of distances where you had know idea in which kind of system the distances were given out.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-10 23:03:15

Tournament could be so much more than it was back then. Lol it was the ideal poor blind man's smash bros. I did like that each character had their own backstory and ending, but it's TRUE that the combat was all just rng.

2019-06-11 01:48:25

One of the worst games I have ever played was Chillingham.  Crappy sounds, the way in wich you had too play was just to tedious.  So many menus to complete 1 action.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-06-11 02:00:06

To be fair, I never played Chillingham, so I can't comment on that. Grizzly Gulch, though, while repetitive, was the first audio game for Windows. While Jim Kitchen's DOS games were around a little before that, and could technically be classified as audio games, Grizzly Gulch was the game which started it all. For that reason alone, I could never rank it as a bad game, even though the criticisms which are levelled at it are true.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-06-11 02:57:15

I have a soft spot for Grizzley Gulch as well, but I played it when I was like, 9. Back then, it was pretty new. While I wasn't old enough to really get intellectually involved with the game, I couldn't believe that it used stereo panning to convey things. That was like a huge revelation to my kid brain.

When I was like 12-13, and was playing it on a friend's computer, I gradually came to understand what I had to do. I could never get past those darn rattlesnakes, though. I think I downloaded an iso of it somewhere much later, and actually beat it, but I can't remember if I actually beat it or just listened to the wav sound files to know more or less what the ending was like, because yeah, I was that kind of kid, always trying to see if I could listen to the sounds before finishing the game.

I'm not super proud of this, but in a way it was kinda helpful, since for some reason, when I heard Super Liam's X1 battle sounds, isolated, I instantly figured out what I was supposed to do. Before that, I had no idea. Part of me wishes I hadn't done that, and part of me is proud that my 12-year-old brain could put 2 and 2 together when I listened to the sounds, since back then I wasn't very smart because I was not accustomed to working out patterns, I just liked targetting and shooting and avoiding. These days, I couldn't do that with games having encrypted sounds, and I have way more patience and methodical reasoning skills than I did back then, so I am generally able to figure simple patterns out without needing to hear things in isolation, though I must confess the bk2 and bk3 games stretch me a bit. But, that's kinda intended.

Anyway, back to worst audio games. I could never call Bavisoft games horrible, and since I am easily impressed, I could never call any game horrible really. I am envious of people who can make any game, and I really wish I could make my own, so I have a soft spot for anyone who is willing to try. There are some developers whose practices I have little respect for, but I do not at all let this sway my opinions of their games.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2019-06-11 08:55:06

Yeah I liked GG as well.  A bit expensive though, and not too serious, but a fun game regardless even if it doesn't stack up today.
It was great for it's time in the AG scene.

2019-06-12 23:24:31

I used to listen to sounds from games too, but for different reasons. I just really liked collecting them, renaming them so that they would make a playlist of sorts, and then playing them in the specific order that I'd placed them in. This was especially fun with some of the games that were on CD-Rom's at the time that my sister had. I couldn't play the vast majority of the games myself, but I could hear all the sounds that they contained, and to my 11 or 12-year-old self, that was super cool. I also loved the cheesy midi music from that time which a lot of those games had. In fact, I still have a lot of that stuff on one of my external hard drives, I was always careful to keep it all backed up throughout the years. Yes, I was certainly a weird kid, lol.

Speaking of copying and pasting sounds from games, I remember when Tenpin Alley was purchased for me as a birthday gift, and I was playing it on a computer running Windows 98. For some reason, on that machine, the sounds appeared in the game directory. For one reason or another, I didn't copy them to my main sounds folder, thinking I could always go back and get them later. Shortly after, I got a new computer, and when I installed Tenpin Alley there, and every time I have since, the sounds didn't extract to the directory, I'm guessing they're encrypted. I never understood why they were visible the first time around. If I'd known they would disappear, I would have copied the commercials out of there at least.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.