2019-05-27 22:53:11

Moritz,

Energy cells, and all other cargo,  are bought one at a time by default. Container class has to do with the kinds of ships that can carry them, some smaller ships can't carry larger cargo, like oar. Your mercury is rated for cargo up to XL, extra large class, so can cary those reliably.

On another note, I just discovered a project called Sonifight, which looks as though it might be very helpful for us. I might be able to make X3 voice its own menus, or at least have this program help us do so. THis is still a ways away, as I"m still getting familiar with how it works, but it's quite promising.

2019-05-29 09:46:42

Hi.

You should get in touch with r3dux on the forums about sonified, he can probbably help you out quite nicely and tell you if it would work out, it would certainly make things easier.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-06-06 03:16:07

Hi.

Daren, you most likely are at this point already. I want to start building station sooner or later.
My current plan is to save enough credits to get myself a boron dolphin, send my mercury into space with the trade software mk III and build stations after that.
I already know that you build those on asteroids and that you need to get a mineral scanner to check how many resources the asteroid has.

Probllem is, how do I scan an asteroid and place a station on there? I suppose you need to target a specific point on the asteroid, how should we do that?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-06 05:02:16

Moritz,

NOt all stations require asteroids, only mines do, I believe. THe rest are free-floating, as it were.

2019-06-06 12:12:27

you simply target the asteroid that you wish to scan. then press the same key that you use for your trade script. it's all locked to the same key. then read what it says.

2019-06-06 12:39:58

Hi.

Oh ok, thought you would need to do something different then, well, just need to get a mineral scanner.

But, let's say I found an asteroid where the values are what I want them to be, how do I make sure that I drop the mine onto the asteroid and not somewhere in space?
I suppose ones I drop it, it will start producing automatically, any hints on where I should starting placing mines? I thought about an ore mine in argon prime due to a lot of weapon complexes there.
Also, I was trying to buy an empulse ray emitter for my discoverer just for some security. problem is, I can't buy it. I can select that I want to buy one, but when I hit enter, nothing happens, not even a not available sound.

Any ideas what is going on there?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-06 17:19:40

MOritz,

It's possible you don't have the room in your ship or cargo bay to fit the IRE. I need to experiment with that a bit. I'd bet that if we could look at the screen we would see something preventing us from buying the device.

I just had a thought, is BeMyEyes available in Germany? IF so, you could possibly use it to diagnose weird things like this.

2019-06-06 19:08:51

there are no asteroids in argon prime. try the surrounding systems.

2019-06-06 19:29:54

Hi.
Hrm ok, will also do, I was thinking about an ore mine or this station which produces weet.

I checked regarding if my ts fraighter could transport the ion ray emitter as it's called or the mobile drilling system, but I can't buy either of them.

Greetings moritz.

2019-06-07 07:00:03

Hi.

At Daren, hmm, I don't know why, but the scanner doesn't seam to work.

I fly near an asteroid, hit t to scan the target and then f6, which is my hotkey for the trade script, but in the log file I only see infos about my own ship.

Maybe I am also not scanning the asteroid, because when I find it in the autopilot list, and hit shift a to fly there, the game tells me autopilot deactivated and I can't activate it again.
Do I need to manually fly to the coordinates where the asteroid is at?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-07 12:16:50

nope. try lookin in the other log files. especially the one used for factories.

2019-06-07 22:24:35

Hi.

Hmm, that's what I did actually, but still nothing.
I found out how to do it though, target an asteroid, hit i and then the trade script hotkey and you get the yeald of minerals.
I suppose you should build on roids where the count is high?

greetings Moritz.

2019-06-07 22:32:06

the higher the yield the better the overall production.

2019-06-10 01:54:28

Hi.

Hmm ok, tthought so.

I firstly have to make some more credits though and find out how to place stations.

I'll possibly then get a boron dolphin, set my mercury on auto trade, trade with the paranids ... yeah, about that.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-10 02:23:47

so honestly how playable is this game, has it improved, has someone written a tutorial that explains how to use it properly.
How do I use, download and install steam?
Basically how do I get started? 
Thank you and has anyone recorded a more up to date stream.
The volume on the ones recorded is too low.
Thank you all for the help.

2019-06-10 04:11:55

Ah screw this, I have this awesome deal in mind because a bofu chemical lab is in need of bo gas. I wanted to pick it up, but neither in kings end, queens hill or what ever the sector is called in english can a BoGas factory found. It shows up in the log, but when I type in the coordinates, the autopilot always targets something different, a police ship, lander or what ever, but not the bo gas plant, I am flying in circles here.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-06-10 05:19:12

Moritz,

That's weird. Does your ship have duplex or triplex scanners? I assume so.

2019-06-10 05:27:52

Regarding tutorials and updates, at the moment I'm at a bit of an impasse, as I can't figure out a way to get game menu options to speak properly. We can use OCR for some of it, but it's unreliable sometimes, and confusing.

I'll keep everyone posted if I find a good solution for this.

2019-06-10 12:38:41

Hi.
Yes, all my two ships have triplex scanners installed. I can't for the life of me figure out why I can't find those darn factorys, I really want this trade to happen.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-11-19 02:42:25

Hello.
I tried to play the demo a while ago, but it didn't seem to work. It just played the music. Anything spasific I should do so I can try the demo or something?
If it's like smugglers, but better should be interesting to play.

2019-11-19 03:54:48

I keep meaning to come back to this game, but the limitations of the scripting engine make it hard to do some things accessibly. I wasn't aware there was a demo. The biggest problem is that it's quite difficult to get some information that sighted players can, and that puts a damper on how well you can perform, in certain respects. This is particularly the case with remote trading, though it should be easier to do this once you've equipped your ships with the right software.

2019-12-05 22:57:52

At the moment, when I open the demo of the game, I can't seem to ge anything to work, it just sits there, no buttons or anything like that comes up.

2019-12-20 03:08:02

I got the demo off the develuper's sight, but not sure what to do now.
Just tried re-downloading the demo again, and apart from haveing to mess with the graphics, and since I can't ssee them anyway makes me laugh, I open the game, and the music comes up, but nothing elce.
No menues, eeven when I swapped cursers, still nothing. Am I missing something here?

2019-12-21 00:37:59

THe game doesn't have menus in the ordinary way, you need OCR to read anything from it. What happens if you press enter on the opening screen?

2019-12-25 07:02:00

Hey All,

ON the off-chance that anyone aside from me is still interested in this game, I've begun trying to play/work on it again. I can't promise any particular feature updates, but the current scripts make trade and construction easier, at least. The scripting language is certainly robust enough to make a great deal more accessibility possible, I'm just not quite sure how yet.

I also felt, last time, that i was more working on the game than getting the chance to play it. I hope to strike a somewhat better balance this time around.