2019-06-06 21:35:22

@bookrage Like audio strike, the game has an English translation, only the items you can buy in the shop are currently untranslated and hopefully that will change in the next few updates.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-06 21:42:50

Just download the game and set it to English. The first link on the page is an executable and the next is a zip.

2019-06-06 22:24:53

yeah, I've played a little now, from what I can tell, it is essentially an audiogame version of Monster Rancher, It is so incredibly similar it isn't even funny... It's amazing!

I used my flying deck from Crazyparty for my first monster and got a Bara Bard. It is a cross between a birdon and a goblin (mostly birdon) which is funny because my deck was mostly wing attacks and pecks, and this thing sounds like a raven and attacks with beak and wings.

2019-06-06 22:30:04

so where to download the fixed version of this game?

2019-06-06 22:42:37

I've never played monster rancher, but I'm very much enjoying this game, it was amusing to turn my phd thesis into a worm with poisoned needles:

I've done a bit of searching, and it would help if some things there were translated I think, especially the items which your offered to take with you on an expedition. It seems you don't need power over 200 from what I've gathered, though you do need a popularity of twenty. Actually since selling items seems one of the major ways of earning cash I'll look forward to seeing item names translated.

I'm also not exactly sure what the game means when its talking about "angry" since I got a herb which is described as making my monsters angry but I'm not sure what this means exactly.

Btw, the only part of the game I seem to be running into trouble with is the marathon, since for some reason I always end up ramming into obstacles even when I jump when I hear the alarm sound, I'm also not exactly sure how you preserve stamina, unless your supposed to just hold the button down and truck on.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-06 22:45:28

I can download the latest version of this game at the link provided by the author on post 1?

2019-06-06 23:03:50

lol i got a jellyfish, this is helerious

2019-06-06 23:12:15

is there a thing with training, like minigames, or do you have to train the monster yourself?
asking since i always got +2 or +3 at stats... funny to see how i turned rock music into a bird/goblin thingy

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2019-06-06 23:22:11

lol using different music makes some interesting monsters.

2019-06-06 23:37:03 (edited by bookrage 2019-06-06 23:45:36)

eI think the gym can let you get more intensive training on something. I also think that might be how you get new moves. In Monster Rancher 2, going on things like "Erantries" which were risky 4-week affairs where your monster risked serious injury but could also get money if they did well enough to fight the monster at the end and could also get new moves if they got high enough scores upon defeating part of the training adventure.

Also, my advice to players is play primarily to your monster's strengths. Generally having one or two low stats isn't too bad as long as you have two or 3 super-stats to balance them out. If you don't have magical attacks, intelligence is of no use to you. If you don't have a lot of physical attacks, power is of little use.

Toughness lowers damage you take from attacks but if it isn't naturally high when your monster is born, don't worry about it too much. As a general rule, you want speed or toughness but usually don't need both. Toughness helps you shrug off blows, speed helps you avoid them, but some monsters suck at speed no matter what you do. The same is true for toughness and all other stats.

If your monster is born with something very low in comparison to the other stats, chances are that is a natural weak point and they will never train at it well. You can force those stats higher but they are not going to ever really take to them like they take to their strong skills.

Just what I know of what stats do as all but one of them are identical to the monster Rancher stats.

1. Life: how many hp your monster has.
Power: damage from physical attacks.
3. intelligence power of magical attacks.
4. concentration: it is either accuracy of attacks or it is defense against magic, this is the only one I am not certain of.
speed: likelihood of dodging attacks.
toughness: mitigates some damage taken.

another couple of things.

1. don't expect to get to the top ranks with your first monster, if you get to C or B with your first guy, you're doing very well, combining trained monsters is the way to build a champion.
2. when your monsters are getting old, freeze them and then get a new monster and play until it is also old, then combine both of them. The new monster will inherit much of the improvement you have done to both "parents"
3. repeat this process, not continuing it with any monsters that prove utter failures, run away a lot, or get injured frequently. Repeating this process over and over is how you create super-monsters that can weather the very powerful monsters of A Rank, S Rank, and the frequent terrifying endbosses of many of these monster games.

I'm not sure how much of this Monster Rancher advice applies to this game, but from what I've seen, probably most of it should at least be tried.

2019-06-07 00:11:01 (edited by Dark 2019-06-07 00:29:12)

I seemed to be doing okay at rank e, and managed to get to d in most competisions, however I'm having  trouble with D rank monsters, particularly since I'm not exactly sure what some of the techniques do or when is best to use them.

with no idea what the searching equipment or items do, searching at the  moment seems a lot of  work and expense for not much by way of rewards, though I suspect that once  the items are translated that will make a bit more sense.

I'm also not exactly sure how all the stats relate to the different competition stats, though my worst competition so far is definitely marathon, I seem to always be unable to jump the obstacles for some reason, usually I suspect because my staminer is too low but I'm not exactly sure what it should be.

Still with the stat training the game has that frustratingly addictive quality that a little more poking around might just get you somewhere, I also was amused that sephiroth's theme from final fantasy 7 made a slime  creature, though sadly one which isn't as good as my current monster and doesn't seem sellable.

Edit: okay whenever you try to read the rules for the monster touch minigame, the game crashes with an error message.

2019-06-07 00:30:45

Dark

I wouldn't be too concerned about getting new monsters until your current one is getting old and is ready to put on deep freeze for breeding. You'll just get yourself a lot of frustration and such otherwise.

Essentially combining things via the freezer chamber is breeding with the game getting around having to talk about the birds and the bees. The monster you get will be a baby rather than an elderly combination of the parents.

also, keep in mind the traits of various monsters as you poke around with them, because you might want to have a certain combination of monsters for something you want to try.

I'm sure when you got your monster you saw in the species something like Birdon Goblin or some other combination of names of species. This is the major/minor species combination. Most of a monster's traits, such as shape and moves, are determined by the dominant monster trait, while a few things, like personality, a few passive skills, and sometimes an attack or two come from the minor species.

a couple examples from monster rancher to illustrate a couple things.

pixies were a base type in the monster rancher series and were all pretty much attractive adult female creatures. They were known for high intelligence, skill (accuracy) and speed and their attacks were almost entirely magical.

If you combined a pixie with a Worm (exactly how it sounds) you would get a mothlike winged woman called a "nightflyer." In appearance this creature would have the basic shape of a pixie, though with some insectile traits, also having some coloration similar to the worm.

Worms were known for being pretty fast, and relatively accurate as well, but they were tougher than pixies and considerably more stupid. Most Nightflyers still had high intelligence, but not as high as a basic pixie, and had crazy-high speed and skill, and their skills, because they combined the pixie and worm were more balanced, being propped up a little by what the worm was good at, while also sacrificing the intelligence stat of the pixie a little. The nightflyers also got a couple unique attacks late in their move sets that were unique to them or at least were either very hard for normal pixies to get or because of the nightflyers' different stat bonuses, far more useful to the nightflyer.

another example of how species can interact.

Golems were huge stone men who hit really hard but were slow and stupid. There were box-like creatures called koropandoras that were trios of boxes that worked todether as a single monster. If you combined the two, sometimes you would get a creature that was shaped like a golem (being mostly golem) and fighting as one, but actualy being made of a small army of koropandoras haphazardly stuck together.

Koropandoras had a special power that would sometimes come up in battle called "Unity" (I never figured out what this meant but I know from experience it was good) which made sense because the monster was 3 of them working as one. Because the weird golem offshoot had koropandora in it, even though it technically wasn't one, it would also sometimes get "unity" in battle as well.

It still had the golem attacks, for the most part had the golem stats, but it had a personality more like koropandoras and could access a couple of their passive skills and random buffs at times.

2019-06-07 00:59:17

well?
I love this game!
if only it had a online mode in wich you battle with your friends...
verry well done!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-06-07 01:04:10

Well my worm worm (yes its a worm worm), is now C rank in the coliseum. It seems you learn techniques by  monster observing them in battle, or at least I learned tale whip after someone else used it on me.

I usually always try to play balanced with stats, and while I've encountered some lopsided creatures, I've generally managed to not do too badly against them, EG in the last tournament I knocked out a boxer goblin whose physical attack was 257 whilst mine is currently 189, however its evasion was really low so I just hit it with string shot and then used  moderately inaccurate but quite damaging crunch on it.

it also seems the main benefit of the gym equipment is that you can train two stats at once, where as working solo you train one, however the gains don't seem too much extra with the gym or at least not at this stage, though the stretch mat can be useful if your monster is tired and you still want some health gain.

In terms of combining monsters, I get the idea that combinations are basically the way to get stronger monsters, however when I create a monster I don't want I wonder if there is another option other than selling it for a grand total of zero G, since if I'm going to combine my worm with something else I'd prefer something none wormy, still that's not going to be an issue for another three years or so, indeed I wonder if you  get an option to preserve your monster or if they just basically die, but we'll see.

2019-06-07 01:07:05

I haven't checked out this game yet... definitely sounds interesting. But for people who say items aren't translated yet, is JGT not an option?

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-06-07 01:14:00

I haven't got jgt running over here, its something I need to look into for other games, though when I did copy the text to the clipboard and paste into google translate it didn't seem to work either.

Its just the odd thing, mostly items in the shop and challenge menu, and given that %90 of the game is definitely translated, hopefully it won't take too long to fix.

2019-06-07 02:14:00

If a monster is stressed, how do you not make it stressed anymore?

2019-06-07 02:27:19

how long does your monster take to age?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-06-07 02:52:00

okay I have some advice again now that I've played some.

1. when your monster is stressed, either play with it or let it sleep for a little while. You can play with it in the park.
2. your monster really has about 4 life stages. what basically amount to baby, youth, adult, and old age, they grow very slowly as babies and old age but grow very fast in the second stage.
3. as for your trouble dark with some of the stuff you mentioned, when the game asks you "do you want to operate [monster name] and it offers you "Yes" and "no" you select "nl" and the game will have an AI run your guy. Generally at that point stats play out and most of the time superior stats make or break the competition.

I know the game just launched but I'm hoping this is a long-lived project with expanding rosters and things to do, I love Monster Rancher and would love to see this thing with a long life and more and more monsters and activities to play with.

So far, my abara Bard has gotten past e rank in all categories except for  the coliseum

2019-06-07 03:52:45

So for people having trouble with menu items not translating, you need to use a combination of jgt and localle emu.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-06-07 04:14:31

I would like to tell everyone that the developer reads this topic. So, he would certainly get your reports. I talked with him yesterday, and he is determined to fix English-specific problems as much as he can.
@44
The game uses the file hash to animate a monster. Same file animates an exactly same monster, but you can't predict what is going to be animated if the file is even 1 byte different.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-06-07 04:48:41

Version 1.04 fixed things not reading in shops. Right now, trying to play minigames like monster touch and I think one more but I don't remember which, causes the game to error and crash.

Apart from that, I am really loving the game.

2019-06-07 07:07:17

In 1.4, the sound files was corrupt when I tried to extract the zip files. If any out there has experience the same as I, just coppy your sound files in 1.2 and transfer it to 1.4 and that will solve the problem.
This gmae is really good. I am quite addicted to it. heh

2019-06-07 08:13:47 (edited by Dark 2019-06-07 08:16:43)

1.4 extracted okay over here, I'm really glad the shop is fixed now that will make selling and using items much more interesting.
Hopefully the search messages will get some of the same treatment soon, indeed a huge thank you to Nyanchan and anyone involved in the translation as much as to Morokuma for the fantastic game, I definitely appreciate the work that's gone into this one and not having to use translation tools, though methinks I should try the Jgt addon myself out at some point just because Shadowline sounds really fun, assuming I can tear myself away from monster antics of course big_smile.

@Bookrage, I gather that in most competitions if you leave things to the ai the best stats will win regardless, however I'm still not entirely sure which stats affect what in terms of the different competitions your in.

Btw, why is the game called Bried memorial? when I first saw the title I thought it was some interactive fiction story about a wedding since I assumed the title meant "bride", ie lady getting married, and while we produce lots of new monsters, well its not  through marriage or related activities big_smile.

Was the intention perhaps breed memorial? IE a game about breeding monsters?

2019-06-07 08:33:51

Hahahaha, I found my typo. Breed memorial. tongue

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.