2019-05-05 22:10:35

I have a question. I think it's been asked before but ...

Yes, Manamon needs updates.
Yes, Manamon could be better.
Will repeating the same complaints over and over and over again when the developer has no interest in listening to this commentary do any good at all? As for pricing ...
Well, it's his game. As such, he has the right to set his own price, and he certainly isn't obligated to make his product free if people are still paying for it. People who make free products usually make small projects that they do for fun, or their games are made free due tosome other circumstance such as being listed as abandonware. While it would be nice if more things could be added--more realistic Manamon sounds (by which I mean sounding more like animals and less like machines; think Murkit) and voice acting and a deeper story, for example, at the end of the day, this is still the developer's game and as such, all the complaining in the world won't sway him if he isn't here to listen, much less say anything.

they who reach the top, boy, must first climb the hill

Thumbs up +1

2019-05-06 12:05:11

Hi,
to be honnest, even if it bothered me in the first place, the machine like sounds do indeed give a colour to the game, like shadow line's oldschool sounds do. I really really like leafox's douns for example.
It surprised me as well, but I really ended liking those strange 8bit like manamons.
Regarding the other posts, my position is still very clear. I definitly enjoyed playing manamon. Update or not, it was one of the best audiogames I've seen so far, and it still is in my opinion.
Yes, I would gladly see a manamon II be released. Yes, I would love to play it, to discover what's beyond the see, or beyond the stars, depeending on which the autor choose to explore, but he never promissed such a thing, so I'll never start complaining about how much money I gave for that project only because there's no episode II. I paid not because I wanted to sign some kind of moral contract with the autor. I paid because the dev deserved it, and because such an amazing product deserves to be bought, not stolen. I remember I bought it even before finishing the demo, and I'll never regrete that decision.
So AAron, if you're still reading those posts, which would be really surprising (I'dd have given up like 20 pages before this one atleast), allow me to tell one single thing. Even if it's not obvious in everyone's point of view, the whole community is totally grateful for what you did with manamon. Keep it up if you wish to do so, and if you don't, thank you for everything you've allready done. You were part of the revolution I wrote about on this forum a few months ago, the revolution of audiogames, trying desperatly to publish something else than eternal clones of battlezone/redspot/random side scrollers. We all owe you one.

Best regard,
Simon

Thumbs up +1

2019-05-07 15:01:45

If Manamon2 ever came out, it's going to be a 100 dollars. big_smile

Thumbs up

2019-05-08 02:35:35

And I'll gladly pay for it. Of course it'd be  fare more expensive than a regular videogame, but considering the small amound of developpers that have released games that can be compared with manamon, it's worth the price.
The same goes if a potential bk IV was released.

Best regrd,
Simon

Thumbs up

2019-06-06 14:48:40

Does anyone know where I can find a list of what elements are week or strong against other elements? I can't seem to figure out what is strong against what at lower levels.

Thumbs up

2019-06-06 16:42:29 (edited by keithwipf1 2019-06-06 16:42:48)

Start menu/manamon/type effectiveness manual.txt

My tactical battle scripts: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dzsmqv2pgqvu1 … h.zip?dl=1
Currently, one of my favorite games is Trimps.
So I'm the Trimper Trooper!

Thumbs up