2019-06-06 10:16:47

correct. My game didn't save any of my stuff. Sad face.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-06-06 10:30:35

Hey guys. I have somehow passed the first dialogue that everyone was talking about using jgt. I just played around with the menu and when I found the chance to go the settings, I took the time to change the language to english or in this case, japanese. I was very happy because I thought at last, I can play the game. But... When I chose to play with my monster in the park, surprise surprise, I'm once again stuck. Hahahahahahaha. Well that was sad. Hope the problem will be fix soon, the idea of the game is very awesome in my opinion. smile

Hurt me with the truth, but never comfort me with lies

2019-06-06 11:13:50 (edited by nyanchan 2019-06-06 11:14:27)

Reaaaaaly? I don't know how he had implemented the translation, but playing the game in English might break more things than I first estimated. I will certainly report this back to him. I thought he was also here, so he may come up to the stage.
btw, I have never! encountered such weird issues. Is it because I'm playing in Japanese?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-06-06 12:13:12

I like this. Game is interesting. Keep up the good work!

2019-06-06 12:16:27

i cant get it to read the text in other langvage

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-06-06 13:01:03

Wow! Monster Rancher for the blind?
Sign me up! You know, as soon as the issues get fixed... LOL.
In case you didn't know, Monster Rancher is a series of playstation games where in you generate monsters from your CD; and later; dvd collection.
You then train these monsters in anything from a circus sim to a playdate at the park, um, sim, then, once they die, you save them to your memory card and battle with them against friends.
Later!

2019-06-06 13:07:24

ya. in japanese it's called monster farm. there is a new update by the way. the game is coooool

don't wish to become like the oceans, the flowers, or the sun. oceans will dry out, flowers will die, and the sun will be extinguished. be yourself and nothing and no one else and hope for a better tomorrow.

2019-06-06 13:08:48

I fondly remember Monster Rancher.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-06-06 14:10:54

Greetings all. The bug has been fixed. I downloaded the zip version and replaced my old copy with the new one. You can play in English without any problems. Kind regards, Amin Abdullah.

2019-06-06 15:04:41 (edited by zenothrax 2019-06-06 15:06:38)

Yukioh, does the game have any link to the Monster Rancher franchise? When you said "Resurrect a monster from any files in your computer," it reminded me of the older Monster Rancher games for the PSX where you would insert a random cdROM into your console and it would unlock monsters based on the disk. I noticed others had mentioned Monster Rancher, and I'm curious if the game itself was inspired by the series. Time to play the game and watch the old monster rancher anime!

#FreeTheCheese
"The most deadly poison of our times is indifference. And this happens, although the praise of God should know no limits. Let us strive, therefore, to praise Him to the greatest extent of our powers." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

2019-06-06 15:38:40

i wish someone creates a pokemon battle similator,  i would love to conribute sounds if someone does such a thing,

2019-06-06 15:41:29

He mentions the game in the readme. I don't know how much it is similar to Monster Rancher though.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-06-06 16:05:15

A new version 1.03 has been released.

2019-06-06 16:06:39

This game is just awesomeee. Okay? Its so cool.

2019-06-06 16:44:44

Hi, yes, this is an awesome game I have to say! There is just one thing that's kinda sad, and that is the following: I see little reason to animate new monsters once you have your first one, until that monster is close to death at least. Since you can only train one monster at a time, all you do is give yourself double the stat management. The only reason I can conceive of to make new ones is to combine them, but that's all.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-06-06 17:17:30

Wow I could waste hours on this thing. I feel it sucking at my time like a vortex and I can't fight it!

Right now shop items don't read properly, so I don't know what an item does till I bought it. Also, how do i check my money?

2019-06-06 17:29:03 (edited by Jonnyboy1991 2019-06-06 17:29:32)

So, I found a crash bug. Sometimes when checking the rules for some of the menny games, the game totally crashes without reason. Not sure why but losing my save data over this is surely not worth the trouble. Lol. Hehehe. I love the game so far.

Jonathan Candler, A.K.A, Jonnyboy

2019-06-06 17:30:57 (edited by Dark 2019-06-06 18:31:59)

Hi.

wow this is awesome! I can confirm the crash bug when reading descriptions, it just happened when I was checking the park description, also I hope the shop items get translated soon.

Btw I'll be interested to see what getting new monsters and monster types is like, though it was sort of amusing to turn my phd thesis into a monster, even if it hasn't been too successful with competitions yet big_smile.

Edit: Okay you can check money by hitting g, other keys report different info about your monster and such.
You can buy items in the shop and then check their use at the farm which is okay as far as it goes, but not too handy if your looking for something specific, indeed I had to buy an item, then noticed my training options expanded, then quit without saving to get my cash back which was a miner pest.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-06 18:31:58

Well, I just give it a try and I must say It's suckin me deeper and deeper. smile

Really nice work even if I am just starting my journey!

Also, Yukio, do you know fi there's any difference what you'll put as your monster file or is it just randomised and you can put whaterev file you wish.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2019-06-06 18:51:55

i wish we had a keystrokes guide, its sometimes difficult to understand the translation,

2019-06-06 18:59:54

From what I can gather, space and enter are the main action keys, tab checks status, EG monster's health etc in battle, b reports what monster you currently are training, g checks money, m, y and w all give the month, year and week (though apparently not the season), e opens the translation with currently listed options, s saves the game, and v returns to the main menu if your somewhere else.

Other keys I'm not certain of at the moment, I've also not quite got how everything works, EG I don't really understand the point of moving around in battle when your monster and the enemy move in for attacks automatically, unless your  waiting to perform a new attack and the enemy is coming to get you.

I've also not precisely sorted out how marathons work at the second, though on the plus side I have managed to win both a coliseum battle and a flag race so far, so things aren't going too badly.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-06 20:45:30

Hello.

In order to search, do I need to train power?

Every time I go there it says, um, the monster is sick, send me a more powerful monster.

It's 1 year old now.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-06-06 20:51:57

I wonder if monsters can learn new moves, or how to increase beauty, clever, coolness, and what the conditions are for exploring.

2019-06-06 21:21:18

Hello.

to go exploring, get both health and intelligence to 200. Use the gym.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-06-06 21:29:51

this game sounds a lot like the Monster Rancher series I used to be crazy about. If you guys have some good translations, that'd be good because I have trouble playing non-English games.

As for a couple things, I have a couple of guesses based on monster rancher, which this game seems to be really close to.

1. the reson to move in and out of combat is that in Monster Rancher, certain moves could only be executed at certain distances. For example, the eye ray attack of a suezo could only be used when you were really far away. There was even a thing you could do to knock back your opponent as well as move away.
2. exploration could be based on things you have yet to do in the game's story, you might have not won enough stuff and your monster isn't famous enough, or it hasn't gotten a high enough rank from fighting. Or you have yet to complete story objectives I don't know about.
3.   getting new moves might be linked to exploration goals, as for those other stats, I don't know but perhaps training methods you haven't unlocked or  items you can use.

I was a monster Rancher fanatic and this game seems incredibly, and wonderfully similar, could you guys give me a little advice on how to get it and manage it. I don't read or speak any Japanese and  as far as I know, JAWs doesn't recognize Japanese characters anyhow. This whole thing is unusual for me but I'd give anything to play monster Rancher again, and this seems like a version of that.

Also, is this game complete, does it update? or is it an MMO? I was just wondering if more was on the way.