2019-06-02 05:25:02 (edited by redfox 2019-06-02 05:25:48)

I want to possibly tie all my sound_pools into one opperator so that I can go like, fadepool(spool,-35,2);, and it would fade all the things tied to spool. Is there a way to do this?

Or just a way to fade multiple pools att the same time?

yo! so I'm working on programing, it's really hard. But I'll tell you where you can contact me if your stupid enough to do so.
Contact information:email: [email protected]
I'm usually found on online games, chatting, and being warned bye admins for talking to much, f**k you admin!

2019-06-02 16:08:50

To achieve the result you want, create an array with your sound pools. I dono why would you need multiple ones, but there you go. Then loop through the array and the list of sounds in each sound pool and fade them.

Coding is not hard. No, not at all.
What is hard is making code that accepts different and sometimes unexpected types of input and still works.
This is what truly takes a large amount of effort on a developer's part.

Thumbs up

2019-06-03 04:08:43

@2 it would work but it wouldn't fade them all at once. The proper way to do this is to create an array of sound_pool_items, then loop through all sound pools you want to fade and add it's items array to your global one. Then loop through that and fade it.

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-06-03 13:13:23

@3, sorry, I'm not that experienced with arrays, do you think you could give me an example?

yo! so I'm working on programing, it's really hard. But I'll tell you where you can contact me if your stupid enough to do so.
I'm usually found on online games, chatting, and being warned bye admins for talking to much, f**k you admin!

2019-06-04 05:50:30

Note this is untested I just wrote it quickly in a notepad window and posted so you'll have to fix any errors.

// to use, make a global array of sound_pools.
[email protected][] all_pools;
//Now lets make a couple pools;
sound_pool pool1;
sound_pool pool2;

//In the main function, add any pools you create to the all_pools array.
void main()
{
all_pools.insert_last(pool1);
all_pools.insert_last(pool1);
}

void fadepools(int fadespeed, int destvolume, bool destroy_when_done=true)
{
[email protected][] pool_items;
// So this sucks, none of the opAdd functions were wrapped so to add the items to the aray, we need to perform this ugglyness. If anyone knows a better way I'd actually love to hear about it.
for(uint i=0; i<all_pools.length(); i++)
{
for(uint x=0; x<all_pools[i].items.length(); x++) pool_items.insert_last(all_pools[i].items[x]);
}
// the wrest is pretty normal. Now that we have all the items together we can just fade them.
for(uint v=0; v<absolute(destvolume), v++)
{
for(uint i=0; i<pool_items.length(); i++)
{
if(@pool_items[i]==null or @pool_items[i].handle==null) continue;
pool_items[i].handle.volume=pool_items[i].handle.volume+destvolume;
}
wait(fadespeed);
}
if(destroy_when_done)
{
for(uint i=0; i<all_pools.length(); i++) all_pools[i].destroy_all();
}
}
I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-06-04 13:24:00

Thank you! I will test this when I get home!