2019-06-03 19:09:50

got my account

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-06-03 19:45:23

well yes especially as people are paying for these accounts. not that i mind paying i have one myself and love the game but the point is that ok aprone gives his time to develop the game but we're still paying the money to play these games. again i don't mind that but it's a bit much when you can't.

2019-06-03 22:04:57

@darren... This is why offline games have advantages over online games, particularly if they're payed.
At least with an offline game you don't have to worry about not being able to play because of external hosting issues you have no control of smile

Though our eyes may fail, our ears prevail!
User Karma, every little helps

2019-06-04 02:01:10

Thanks for bringing swamp back up, yay!
big_smile

2019-06-04 10:32:15

I'm not going to stop playing rn but I'm starting to get rather, how do you say, restless?
Aprone is making us pay for the game, yet he is letting us fend with what we have. I'm not taking any strike or anything, but I just think we could get some compensation for dropping 100 crates and them not counting, or dying to a bug that we didn't even know existed. And lets face it. He made hardcore fun when it first was a thing, and it got better. But having to find ammo, but use ammo to find ammo in the process is absolutely ludicris and I just wish we could have more leeway when it came to melee, after all, we can't exactly buy our ammo. Just my 50 cents.
Hope everythings going well, and hopefully version 3.9 or even v4.0 will come out soon, I really think this still is in my top 5 audiogames that isn't a clone or hasn't been discontinued.

SYS

2019-06-05 00:41:40

I think someone should make an offline campaign that has all the playability multiplayer has, IE Leveling, and the expantion missions with allies etc.
Although I respect Swamp as being generally a multiplayer game, some people have different preferences I.E they may want to play this genre of games, but prefer offline. Others may have issues from time to time with the external hosting issues that render online games unplayable until the problem is rectified by the server hoster, which could be annoying for users especially if they are paying for their accounts, which in this case they are.
I do know of the campaigns that are out there, but none of them bring full multiplayer functionality to offline players.
One suggestion is that Aprone could, in his spare time, create an official offline Swamp campaign which not only will bring more playability for offline players, but will also provide a means for players to play the game should the server go down again.
He could make it payed for users without accounts, and free for account users.

2019-06-05 03:09:22

With all due respect, have you looked at the campaign guide? If not, well. Let me just say that what you’re proposing is quite ludicrous.  Don’t you think that somebody would’ve already done it if there wasn’t any limitation placed on the campaign scripting? You could never get a true multiplayer experience offline.  I’m sorry, but that is the truth.  doing what you propose will require countless hours of work, and even then I am not sure as to scripting being able to replicate everything the multiplayer mode has to offer.

2019-06-05 03:34:30

@amerikranian... had you properly read my post, you would have seen that I stated I was making a suggestion that the creator of Swamp: Aprone, do something in his spare time in order for his players to get the most out of his game.
I didn't say that I knew, or anyone else knew how to do it, and that it was going to happen because I gave the order, it was just a suggestion I wanted peoples thoughts on because of what I read on previous posts and so on.
I wasn't looking for negativity either...

2019-06-07 12:11:41

Just wanna say a quick thanks to Aprone for dropping all the wrapping paper all over swamp once again on this past June 5th.
I couldn't figure out why it was happening, but all I could think was, does Aprone know its my Mom's birthday? lol
Anyway thanks again Aprone, its a great chance for everyone to aquire some apronic armor, and stuff they need.
Keep maintaining swamp  man, its really appreciated!
big_smile

2019-06-08 15:59:30 (edited by RemusLupin 2019-06-08 16:00:15)

well my friend bought for me account. I verifyed it so i finished registering, can't log in it is saying Log-in Failed.  Please check your account name and password to be sure both are correct. I checked and everything is correct. I still changed my gamer password and still don't work. Don't know what to do?
Bye the way i'm using swamp patch so swamp 3.8 c

Yours kindly

2019-06-08 17:39:07

have you enterd your gamer name in the main menu? for me that worked and you need to enter the password when pressing on multy moad

Suffering's what keeps me alive.
If one never suffers, one doesn't live propperly.
So embrace the pain, the suffering life has brought you and will bring you in the future

2019-06-08 18:23:27

um, solution of this problem was capitalising password first letter. Hmm. Game is so nice. And fredd yeah i tryed

Yours kindly

2019-06-09 06:55:34

I just tried to log in, and was told, server is full. lol Hope to get back online soon.

2019-06-20 18:37:35

Hi all, wondering are there any download mirrors for the game? the official download link provided on the kaldobsky website seems unreliable, in fact I have tried downloading maybe at least 10 times and the download keeps failing, it keeps coming up with an error saying download interrupted. I have tried on both mac and windows with the same issue, so its not a case of windows being over sensitive which I thought it was originally. plus the actual download seems very slow but I suppose maybe this isn't surprising if its being hosted from a private home. anyway help on downloading this game would be appreciated, maybe audiogames.net itself could host an alternative download or something.

2019-06-20 20:11:23

zip file:
www.the-badger.co.uk/swamp.zip
self installing version:

www.the-badger.co.uk/SwampSetup.exe

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2019-06-23 10:44:17

Hi Aprone, I had a question regarding the title weapons and the skills. I guess the first question should be, are the title weapons covered, and or taken into account with the current skills?
Mainly I wanted to know if the crossbow was affected by the archery skills. I put ten points on archery criticle, and didn't notice any changes at all. So I had to ask.
Thanks so much Aprone, hope you can clear this up for me, and for several other friends too.
smile

2019-06-23 19:46:18

yes they should be affected but you'd need far more points in skills like that to make any significant difference.

2019-06-24 05:12:36

my HC guy has ten points in sports mastery, and it has already made a huge difference. So, not sure that holds. increasing the damage output of a weapon by ten percent with each skill point is gonna increase the damage by 100 percent with ten skill points.
That should show up pretty quickly.

2019-06-24 11:37:30

yeah but mastery is 1 of those skills that you will notice quickly. the critical skills are based on a percentage chance aren;t they?

2019-06-28 15:40:06

You're correct Darren, I figured ten points even in critical would show something. lol Guess I was wrong. It still takes three bolts to take down a dire.
sad

2019-06-29 03:07:47

Has anyone had any luck adding custom weapons to a campaign?  when I put the text exactly as it is it will not fire the weapon those I see it in my invintory.
Also, I did not know about or realize that there was a bug where chars left alone in the SZ to long would wander out that happen to my storage char yesterday.

2019-06-30 20:35:13

Are you for real? that's a real, actual bug? If your char is left alone in the SZ for too long it will walk, I assume forward if you're facing west, and leave the safe zone?
Gah! That's horrible! Odd, the other day I heard a player taking serious damage directly outside the zone, and he wasn't fighting back at all, or anything. I popped a bunch of medkits on him, and killed off the z's that were attacking him, but I couldn't tstand there all day. lol
I really hope Aprone will look into this latest bug. Glad I don't leave my chars online while I'm not there. At least, I try not to.

2019-07-01 00:07:29

Hello friends.

I hope Aprone is well.
He disappeared from this site and the game. It also does not read and or respond to our emails. It also does not say anything about the update, or about fixing bugs in the game.
But it must be because of your daily occupations. We must understand this.

2019-07-02 01:33:47

at fabiano, i was wondering the same, until i started looking at his AG profile. he's posting but on other topics, so yes he's ok. also, don't forget that his server is not a vps, it's a home hosted one so if something would have happened to him the game would have been down.

2019-07-02 01:46:39

Yes I am indeed still around, lol.

I can't think of anything in the game that would cause an idle player to walk forward on it's own, to leave the safe zone.  If anything, I would attribute this to something physically interacting with the computer in some way.  If someone, for example, bumped up against the laptop it could trigger the touch screen to read it as a right-click, walking the player several steps forward.  I'm thinking it would have to be something like that, and not some hidden bug in the actual software of the game.  If it existed as a game bug, it should have been popping up hundreds or thousands of times since the last time the game was updated.  It's been a long time without any code changes to the game, and the player base has put in over a million hours of play time on the current version.

Now it's possible this happens to players but no one has ever brought it up in the past year, but I'd be pretty surprised to learn that, haha.

Fabiano, if I've failed to reply to an email of yours, then I apologize.  I've been answering Swamp related emails pretty regularly, especially over the past 3 or 4 weeks.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software