2019-05-29 13:48:32

I can’t figure out how to use the speech synthesizer creator known as lyrebird. The entire process is done online. I must record at least 30 clips it says to be able to make a synthesize copy of my voice. However, many buttons are unlabeled and it is unclear when I’m actually recording.  How can I deal with this thing?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-05-29 13:58:00

That is weird, last time I used the thing, I was able to record audio, as well as read the sentences and create my synth just fine, a lot of people were able to do that in fact.

2019-05-29 14:58:37

The button isn’t labeled. That’s the problem. There are too many buttons that just don’t have any text to figure out what I’m doing. I’m using a nvda by the way.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-05-29 15:51:10

hi,
I tried using it a while ago and gave up because the buttons are not labeled.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-05-29 16:43:33

Is there anything that will recognize the buttons?

2019-05-29 16:49:05

Lyrebird on the web is fairly accessible.
Below the sentence that must be spoken, there is a record button.
Press it once to record, press it again to stop.
If you mess up on a clip, you can delete it.
1. Navigate to the table below.
2. Navigate to the 5th column with an unlabelled button.
3. Press that button to delete the recording associated with that row.
Note: You have to wait for Lyrebird to complete processing the recording. This status is shown on row for of the table.
If you click the delete button on the very first row of the table, it will delete the recording that was the most recently recorded. Pressing delete on the last row will delete the oldest recording though keep in mind that [by default] Lyrebird will only show the last 20 recordings, newest to 20th. You can, however, adjust how many recordings Lyrebird will show on 1 page with the combo-box below the table.
You can also change the page number to view older recordings.
The button below the viewing indicator is the previous page button and the button after is the next page button.

I hope this helps you with your question.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-05-29 17:52:27

Thanks. This should Help.  Also, when I was playing the recording, it kept stoping, well not the recording, but the audio, kept stoping for  quarter second intervals.  Also,  what’s the best web browser to use for this. For example, one let me select my microphone,  and yet nvdazz would not focus on the button to confirm it. Another web browser let me confirm it, yet it appears it was using my internal mic which is what I don’t want.

2019-05-29 18:19:05 (edited by Minionslayer 2019-05-29 18:20:24)

I use Google Chrome and it works fine. I'm not sure about your audio stopping and recording device problems. I don't have it because I only have 1 recording device.

If you for whatever reason wish to contact me, the best way to do so is through Discord (Minionslayer#2980). You'll get the quickest response times, and by extension, a higher priority. I also sometimes post my thoughts (for the better or worse) over on Twitter at @Minionslayer2.

2019-05-29 22:15:59

Now I can't quite seem to figure out when it's recording. Either I here nothing when I press play, or I here the sounds of my horrible built in computer speakers and nvda. Also, is the 4th button in the table a conferm button or something of the like. Thanks for answers.

2019-05-30 10:32:23

Hi. I have done this a few times before, so I'll give you a few tips.
As other people have sayed before me, the button after the sentence is the record button. You have to click it once to start, then click it again when you are done. There is no indication of you clicking it though. I recommend using headphones for this, in case you wanna read he sentence and pause with shift so you can read it as you are hearing it, if the sentence is too long to memorize. I do that, not sure if anyo e else does. And I hope that the recording device issue can be sorted out.
But after that, you go down to the table, and every time you finish the recording, there is a row on there that sais validating. If you are OK with what you recorded just now, just wait till that text sais ready instead of validating. Then you can continue with the next sentence. If you are not happy with your results and wanna do it again, you have to first click one of the unlabeled buttons on that row, it's probably the only unlabeled button. The way you know you clicked it is when you go back to where the sentence was, it goes back to the sentence you just recorded, so you can do it again, instead of the next sentence in line. Keep clicking buttons until that happens. Then, once the recording sais not valid, or any time when it sais not valid for that matter, the last button on the row is the delete button.
When you are playing back clips you have made with your voice, there is the play button before the text you entered to be spoken, then a share, download, and delete button, from what I remember. I could be wrong on that. You can't download your recordings, just the stuff you told it to say once your voice has been created.
I hope some of that helped.

2019-05-30 15:35:36

They all say not valid despite me verifying that these were properly done recordings.

2019-05-30 18:18:10

Hi. Whats the Lyrebird Website? Thanks.

Just got such boring Things to do.
I actually want the legendary audiogames back!