2019-05-29 09:27:34

Ok, so WWDC is next week, but I'm getting impatient. the IOS 12 betas are stale now, no new things to play with. I want iOS 13 already. Speaking of which, what do we want to see this year? I know there are leakk and rumor lists out there, and some wishlists, but do we want any accessibility changes? New app designs? New settings? Less annoying demands for Apple Pay on initial setup? the sky's the limit.

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-05-29 13:11:07

No more planned obsolescence would be a really excellent start. I dislike it when companies attempt to generate sales by deliberately hamstringing their own products and then claiming that the newest piece of tech will fix the problem. From most things I have read, it would be quite easy to get all the performance enhancements of newer versions of the OS without the slowdown many older phones experience, but that doesn't appear to be on Apple's list of things it intends to do.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-05-29 13:55:57

I want a better volume control seriously.

I want a less restricted ios, that is something I am sure will never happen.
Also, I don't want to use itunes for every little thing I want to do between my pc and my apple device.
There are somethings that they could've made easier for users, but nope, they chose not to.

2019-05-29 14:52:47 (edited by ogomez92 2019-05-29 14:53:22)

@2 planned obsolescence? I'm quite sure that with the recent lawsuits Apple has been facing over iPhone slowdowns they wouldn't dare to intentionally slow down iPhones all that much... I've never had any problems with slowdowns and my friend has an iPhone 5s which works great.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-05-29 17:48:37

Hi,
So, here are a few things that I would find nice in IOS 13:
better german VoiceOver voices: currently, most german voice for VoiceOver don't Sound all that great. Why can't an Alex-like voice be available for german?
a less weird Interface for screentime: when looking at screentime in Settings, I can't get around the Interface, it's just too complicated.
This is my list for now, if something another Thing Comes to my mind that should be on the list, I'll post again.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-05-29 17:54:52

I want a download manager in Safari.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-05-29 19:41:18

MasterChief wrote:

I want a better volume control seriously.

I want a less restricted ios, that is something I am sure will never happen.
Also, I don't want to use itunes for every little thing I want to do between my pc and my apple device.
There are somethings that they could've made easier for users, but nope, they chose not to.

You can jailbreak your phone, and be happy

2019-05-29 19:43:57

Mitch wrote:

I want a download manager in Safari.

If your jailbroken safari plus gives you that, but yeah would be cool if they added a download manager

2019-05-29 21:07:18

Well folks...

Here are 20 Confirmed IOS 13 Features coming to its line up of devices, with one of those being a 'Download Manager" at least in the "Safari" browser.

An interesting app I just found out called Opener for 2.00 USD, may be a "time saver" for many!

The description reads:

Opener is an app that allows you to open links from the web in apps instead! Copy a link and launch Opener to see the apps that it can be opened in, or use Opener's action extension right from other apps! Opener currently supports over 260 apps with more being added all the time.

In addition to opening links in apps, Opener also supports:

- Opening links in any browser of your choice.

- Previewing links from a variety of popular services using 3D Touch.

- Opening the Google AMP version of pages, which are significantly faster than normal web pages.

To learn more, head on over to http://opener.link/

2019-05-29 21:22:49 (edited by burak 2019-05-29 21:23:26)

An interesting wish but here you go:
I don't want iOS13 to support iPhone SE. It's fast enough this way. I don't think it can get any faster.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-05-29 21:35:26 (edited by Mitch 2019-05-29 21:36:22)

Some sort of VoiceOverKIT add-on API, allowing for NVDA like addons, instant translation, stuff like that would be nice. Super happy the download manager seems to be coming. Now if only we could import our own downloaded music into Apple Music...

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-05-29 21:55:38 (edited by Zarvox 2019-05-29 21:56:23)

My only wish: a new CEO! Fuck tim cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2019-05-29 22:34:59

To insure that this isn't wwdzzzzz, I would like to see:
Voiceover improvements on the mac, including:
1. Builtin, system-wide OCR. Or Voiceover scripting ability so Kurzweil can make their own OCR for Mac.
2. Release the IOS runtime already, accept that apps aren't going to look pretty at first, and trust developers to resize their apps for the mac. Seriously. Google went all out in releasing the ARC++ Android runtime, there's no reason Marzipan should be held up this much.
3. better support for Electron apps in Voiceover (this is why Skype users on Mac were hit harder when Skype 7 stopped working.
4. Retain 32bgit support, and don't require non-app store developers to pay $100 a year to codesign their apps. Let the idiots who do malware roam around outside the app store, and let people's common sense rule in never downloading apps from download.com or other such sites (a fantasy as we all know.)
Basically, what I want to see is a sense of urgency without forced obsolescence, and an emphasis on accessibility beyond good press (they are to be commended for giving good press to developers other than them to demonstrate excellence in accessibility) but they must hold themselves up to the same, if not better standards they do when curating Global Accessibility Awareness Day coverage.