2019-05-24 09:50:19

@  post 25. yes, i agree, however there are two types of cloners. the people who steall source code and stuff should be banned, there servers taken down, and other stuff. Oh, and at post number 1. how exactlly are you apologizing by making another clone? doesn't make sense to me.
People write stuff at the end  of there posts. but i don't know what to write.

Thumbs up

2019-05-24 15:02:59

@25, completely agree.
I also agree with draggon here. How are you making it better by making a  clone?

Thumbs up

2019-05-24 16:17:54

Easy, they want the glory, they want their friends to be like oooooo, aaaah.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-24 23:52:39

@28 heck yeah, that exactly is what most nowadays' blind kids and teens are aiming to by coding.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

Thumbs up

2019-05-25 04:07:59

If you make a game then make another game that's different in some ways using your own source, is that a clone?

Barren Byron used Nature Overdrive!

Thumbs up

2019-05-25 09:07:00

I'll chip in and say that "cloning" a game is illegal in this very complicated thing called copyright. You see, whenever someone creates an original work, it immediately becomes copyrighted by them, even if they don't make a statement declaring it as such. This can only be revoked by placing the original work under licenses that negate normal copyright restrictions, such as putting it in the PD.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

Thumbs up +1

2019-05-25 09:27:35 (edited by defender 2019-05-25 09:30:21)

@30
No, it's just lazy and unproductive, unless you actually added something half way useful to it, and even then it depends on what and how much which is more personal.  Still, people that refuse to really learn about a game first will still scream clone (I was guilty of this my self on anyaudio with Brandble recently though I still think it's a pretty stupid idea...  I honestly wonder why we still use that word because it doesn't even apply in 90% of cases.  Unoriginal, ripoff, copycat, wannabee, imitation...  All these words make more sense and have just as much of a negative connotation to them.

Thumbs up +1

2019-05-26 14:30:34 (edited by Dragons 2019-05-26 14:33:36)

Let's just say this. If you know how to code than make your own game. Rather than clone exact copy or even just barely change it up. Or if you dont know enough to make your own game than dont do it at all. Just go back and learn how to coding until you ready for the world to see how good is your master programming.

I know it's mean for me to say that but I have to throw it out there.

Hearthstone Tag ID: RobotWizard#1265216

Thumbs up +1

2019-05-26 16:14:46

Yeah, learn, how to code!

Thumbs up

2019-05-27 12:02:23

I must describe something. Coding is like a pool. You need to learn how to swim before you go into the pool, and you certainly do not start by diving into the deep end. You start by blowing bubbles or kicking in the water with help from someone else or holding onto the wall. Coding is more difficult than people think, and it is not easy learning to code. I will put out here that people are overexcitable. It is natural to feel excitement when you write a little bit of code and then it does something. There is nothing more upsetting than people saying things like this to you but I’m afraid it just has to be said. I did it myself, I dove into the deepend without even knowing how to kick in the water. It is not a goodidea. Perhapse start off with a guess the number game, or a dice game, then move onto something more difficult. Then you’ll be working in small steps and in no time you’ll be able to make a small game. Coding is sort of like whistling. Once you know the basic syntax, it sort of clicks, so you don’t really need to use other people’s code to make something. Sure, it’s tempting, yes. But it is far more fun and far more exciting, and can bring far  more joy, to know that it is all your own work.
Very best regards

2019-05-27 19:41:44

that's exactly what it is  at post 35, +1

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-05-28 04:43:32

Yeah and it takes strength to be able to recognize it, +1 from me as well because people who've done it and come through the other side are the most likely to convince those still doing it.

Thumbs up

2019-05-29 07:24:51

Moderation:
Please see.
https://forum.audiogames.net/topic/2913 … ming-soon/
for why this topic is being closed.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven