2019-05-24 13:06:08

Also, it would be neat to have a list on what material is produced where, with the min, avg and max prices, who needs this material as primary or secondary good so you can look around and snatch something up if you find a good offers.

Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-24 13:15:58

to be honest i focus on the cargo bay first. it doesn't take that long to do. trading in ec's meetstakes as well. if you can do ore as well that's fine but i always go for the biggest demand and what will get used up the quickest.

2019-05-24 18:03:52

Hi ALl,

I've decided to switch things up a bit, and instead of focusing on trading for my new play-through, I"m going to try some combat, at least at first. I'm hoping to find some scripts or possibly write some that will make doing so a little easier.

I've got a bunch of possible suggestions from the X3 subreddit already, and my plan for the next while is to just try one or two of them out and see what works.

Of course, the way combat works in this game, it's possible to just let the ship AI do it, but I'm trying to find a compromise between that and manual dogfighting if I can.

2019-05-25 13:20:41

Hi.

Is there actually a way how I can transfer navigation data from one ships computer to the other?

My plan is to fly out with my discoverer and map out some sectors with their gates so I don't always need to enter new coordinates when I enter a sector for the first time, I would do that for some basic sectors so I have a playing field with which I can work with.

I want to transfer the data from the Discoverrer computer to the mercury so I have the locations already in the autopilot. Is there a ship software which i can use for that?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-25 13:26:10

it doesn't work like that. once you've mapped it out you've mapped it out so it doesn't matter.

2019-05-25 15:29:50

YEah, there is actually explorer software to let you map out sectors remotely. THe vanilla version only lets you do them one at a time, but mods allow you to do multiples. I haven't used it myself but it's definitely possible.

2019-05-25 17:28:20

Hi.

Hmm ok, thanks for the help.

I would really love to send my fraighter out with infos at which prices to buy and sell so I can concentrate on exploring, but I don't know how accessible is it.
Something like.

Buy ore in price range of 50 to 70, and sell at 130 plus, and off you go remotely searching for locations.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-25 17:34:45 (edited by zkline 2019-05-25 17:35:55)

Hi MOritz,

THat particular kind of order isn't really possible with the default commands, as far as I know. What you can do is set up a freighter to do completely automated trading. It will go off and do its own thing, choosing what to buy and sell based on the AI pilot's initiative.

To do that you need to get Trade Software MK 3, which I think can be bought from the Teladi. I'm not sure if you also need MK 1 and MK 2, I've seen conflicting info on that.

Edit: The way automated traders work is, they first start out only able to trade in one sector. They eventually "level up," and become able to do so across the universe. Eventually they can even use a jump drive to travel faster without having to gate everywhere.

2019-05-25 19:48:31

yes the way it used to work is that it leveled up to a given level then you yourself had to activate the universal trader. although a word of advice. if you wish to keep tabs to it, set it to have a homebase. doesn't matter where. the reason why is in case you wish to keep tabs on it and move it about a bit should you wish to do so.

2019-05-25 23:47:39

So here are some initial thoughts on combat…

It's hard to manually control the ship, obviously, and the autopilot isn't the best at handling a dogfight where the enemy is trying to evade you, as tends to happen quite a lot. Still, with proper ship software, it's possible to let the ship itself do some fighting for you. This approach was recommended on the Egosoft forums as long as the ships are of equal or lesser class, which is something you have to either figure out by trial and error or look up.

There are a couple scripts which look promising, they allow you to either have the ship fire automatically so you don't have to keep mashing the firing button, or basically treat your ships as a fighter carrier, and send swarms of them at the enemy automatically. I have yet to try these out.

Finally, there are ways to get AI wingmen or drones to even the odds a little, and ways to have missile defense automated.

I believe it should be possible to play a relatively combat-focused game even if we can't fly manually. The biggest problem is getting the proper software and possibly configuring the scripts. I'll keep everyone posted if I find something particularly intriguing.

2019-05-26 15:13:49

Hi.

Ok I am officially stupid. I can't get the hang on how I can assign a hotkey for the trade script, my OCR is going bonkers and doesn't show me anything I can work half way secure with.

Can someone help me in getting a hotkey set? And which one do you guys use?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-26 15:49:09

Hi Simba,

I just went through this yesterday for AP because I hadn't gotten around to it for some reason. Happy to help if I can.

The way this works is, you go to the Controls options and create a new profile, I call mine "Accessibility," for obvious reasons. You can set it as your default in new games. One OCR trick I've found is that sometimes the only option which is not announced by NVDA is the one which is actually selected, this probably has to do with the color highlighting.

Anyway. AFter you copy/create your new profile go right three places, to Interface. Go down all the way to the bottom, the menu doesn't loop. Hit enter on any hotkey and you'll get a list of four options, "Add control," "remove control," "apply," or "cancel." THe names might be slightly different, I'm typing this from memory,  but the effect should be the same. You should also be able to see which key you're on. the one you want to add is for the trade log hotkey. I used F6.

Basically hit ENter on "add," and then press F6, the game should make the usual confirmation sound and OCR shouldn't mention any conflicting keys. Go down to APply, and hit enter.

After all that, you can save your profile, which is in the far left menu of options.

Hope this helps. I'm happy to try and walk you through it on SKype if that would be easier.

2019-05-26 19:42:14

Good day all!  I took a few moments to compile the full list of key bindings and short cuts for X3: Albion Prelude.  I hope this helps you to navigate and key map the game to your preferences, regardless of how helpful or not OCR tends to be.

Zack, if you feel it's useful, you're welcome to add it to your growing compendium.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YBh … sp=sharing

2019-05-26 19:50:12

nice! is there a way of downloading this? i can then put it in the db folder. or if zac gets to it first he can. i say that as i'm going out for dinner soon.

2019-05-26 20:25:37

Hi.

@Zack, thanks for the info, I think doing it over skype would help matters, easier than jumping around different windows and possibly losing focus.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-26 20:36:31

When I go to GOG.com, I only see Terren pack, and Terren reunion.
I do have the scripts though now.

2019-05-26 20:39:09

Hi ALl,

Moritz, I'm happy to help you set up the hotkey binding.

I've put a .docx of the complete key list in the Miscellaneous folder in the Dropbox, and will adda link to the first post sometime today.

Walker, the one ou want is the Terran WAr pack, REunion is the earlier game.

2019-05-26 20:40:25

@Darren I believe Zack's already got a hold of it.

2019-05-26 23:57:14

Hi.

Ok, thanks to Zack my trading is now a whole lot smoother. Energie cells are really not that bad if everyone seams to be content with their ore supplys, but during that lacking energy. So, buying for 12 to 13 and selling at 18 to 19 with a large enough hold really helps.

I installed the jump drive into my ship so I can get to sectors faster.
Problem is now that when you transport other goods that you have to keep track of the energy cells you have in your hold, how much energy does the jump drive actually take?

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-27 00:06:43

Hi All,

I updated the first post with a link to the newest scripts, as well as Malechai's excellent hotkey/controls reference. I also changed some wording around to make it clear that the information applies to both TC and AP. One of these days I'll have to see if I can make the hotkey script, which should be the only potentially incompatible point, work with either game. AP is best for quality of life improvements, but TC has its charms as well.

I hope the updates help someone. I removed the direct Steam link to X3 TC because no one seemed to use it, and GoG seems more friendly for us anyway. It should be fairly trivial to find the games with a quick Google or I can add the GoG links instead.

2019-05-27 00:09:26

Moritz,

The jump drive takes a variable amount of cells depending on the size of your ship. I think the TS-class Mercury is 10 cells per sector, including the starting one, according to Egosoft's FAQ. Smaller ones will obviously take fewer.

2019-05-27 11:26:59

that's totally cool. i was out for dinner anyway so glad someone dealt with it.

2019-05-27 11:58:41

Heei people, can any of us make a guide how to play this game, im confused, do i need only to purchase a game and play it, or i need some scripts etc, and for this reason i'm not try this game.

2019-05-27 18:08:56

I'm going to work on an FAQ section, possibly for the first post, but in the mean time, Milos, you do need both the game and the scripts which are linked in the first post.

2019-05-27 22:40:04

Hi.

Ok, I asked the wrong way here.

What I ment was when I buy a unit of EC's, so ones go to the right, do I buy one cell of energy or a whole container and if so, how many cells are in a container? I am asking because as you said the jumpdrive takes up energy and when I have different goods in the hold, I need to coordinate that I have some cells and the goods in there.

Greetings Moritz.