2019-05-25 04:55:36

I did what I promised myself I would never do. And I regret breaking that promise. So I downloaded the app. First thing I hate, not being able to use your screen reader for the game, of course. Thank you very much, blindfold games. But fine, I can deal with it. So I start up a game, I know all the gestures. And here's what I get. Lag. Lag. Lag. Lag. Times 10 to the power of 82 million. There is so much lag, that it takes about 15 seconds to recognize an action, and by that time, I have already done 3 more. For example, I play wild, then swipe left with 2 fingers to see my hand. By the time I could see my hand, I would have gotten impatient and just chosen a color. And what is the point of uno if saying uno takes 15 extra seconds? And every time I play my card, about 10 seconds later, all of the other people's cards come flooding in at once. This is a disaster! My horrible experience was on an iPhone xs max. Anyone else got this same horrible lag?

2019-05-25 05:04:25

The problem I have is that they charge you to be able to play games unlimitedly, or else it's a 7-day play period...

My Solo album, "A Life Seen Through Broken Eyes", available now:
iTunes Spotify YouTube
My YouTube Channel

2019-05-25 05:19:22

I've heard that there is a way around that, but I don't want to talk about that for fear that it might violate the forum rules of crack or something similar. I literally just got the app, so I don't know if it actually works.

As for the lag, apparently I am the only person who has this issue, I'm thinking it is the screen size, but why would that have to do with lag?

2019-05-25 06:03:19

The hole iOS is not good at all.

I am not sure why do you want to contact me . If you want to do add me on Skype

live:cccefg2

2019-05-25 07:26:54

well, the Mac version will be even worse, as in not usable, starting this fall

Add me on Skype, search for The Evil Chocolate Cookie

2019-05-25 07:37:26

I have both windows and mac versions. And I am running 10.12 so no worries

2019-05-25 08:07:10

I just use the web client on mobile. It's free. The lack of sound is a small price to pay.

2019-05-25 10:19:06

Hi. TO be honest, I tried that client on my ipad but I don't like it. As the first post told us, laggy and what is so fun is that you need to pay alot of money for that garbage. It is abit unfear that you have to pay a free platform game only cause you want to play on IOS.

2019-05-25 10:52:06

why would it be unusable on the mac?

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-05-25 11:47:41

because apple needs to remove 32 bit so they feel cool.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-05-25 12:08:08

Hi, two things.

At 9 and 10, because developers need to learn that they should recode their apps in 64 bit to go with time, there is still to much 32 bit stuff out there and people are not willing to change. It's not about feeling cool, but given his atitude overall, I guess I know number 10s reasons for acting that way.

And regarding the iOS client Well firstly it's by blindfold games, so you should expect money beeing involved, I am wondering if the guy is doing his programming as a dayjob or why his games are so dang expensive and stupid.

i would go with the web client there, from what I could see while quickly checking it out, it seams decent.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-25 12:29:59

Well, I even didn't download the thing, don't really trust blindfold games with their extremely high prices...

2019-05-25 12:47:08

The funny thing is that the protocol they use is completely open and, with enough figuring, an app could be created for whatever platform you wish. You can go, right now, and play an Rs Game with a mud client provided you know the address and port which escapes me at the moment. It won't be fun because the protocol is designed to be parsed by computers and results returned by computers, not humans, but it's easy enough to figure out.

2019-05-25 13:28:45

@11 yes, putting 32 bit away helps them not at all. Also if you look at apples other actions they did in the past you will find even more garbage like lagging out the batery of older devices, taking headphones and tuch id away, and taking 32 bit away from ios and now mac os.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-05-25 14:34:14

Sorry, systems are 64 bit now, get with the times, this is nothing new.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-25 16:36:40 (edited by jack 2019-05-25 20:18:26)

elizabaez wrote:

well, the Mac version will be even worse, as in not usable, starting this fall

First of all, Mike said they were going to update it sooner or later.
Second, it's simple. Just don't update the damn thing until you're ready. Mojave isn't even that exciting of an update patch anyhow. And in the interest of that poster, Cook is taking Apple in a direction that is so far from what Steve Jobs had envisioned it.
Have you seen the spring windows 10 update?
1. Narrator verbosity
2. Narrator in the system tray.
3. ability to download voices more seemlessly
4. Edge is becoming Chromium based, which incidentally gives Narrator Chrome support as well.
5. support of more braille displays
The update to Mojave?
Voiceover gets no changes whatsoever, group Facetime is now the laughingstock of their q a team and rightfully so. And Wine doesn't work, so I've got no reason to upgrade to that heaping shitshow, and I'm quite convinced I'll be just fine on High Sierra once 10.15 comes out, and you will be too.
It's one thing to move to 64bit, but it's quite another to remove something that isn't broken whatsoever. Not everyone truly needs the benefits of 64bit (plus, you wouldn't be saying systems are going 64bit, get with the times, and actually hoping they do remove 32bit support, because in its current form, even with Python3 on the horizon, if 32bit were to go, there goes half of your NVDA functionality.
Remember, I honestly don't know how long RS Games can feasibly remain free on the mac side what with Apple soon requiring all developers (even non-appstore developers) to get their code signed, which will incidentally require a developer account, which costs a hundred bucks a year. I'm sorry, but when the cost of developing for windows and Linux is next to none barring obvious development sdk perpetual licenses, there is no rhyme or reason for having a $100 contract, plus having to buy the new latest and greatest Apple hardware just to keep up, when their own development interface hasn't received a good Voiceover treatment in the last few years.

2019-05-25 17:25:03

Hi.

At14, you are throwing points in the discussion which do not fit the topic of the discussion at all. This is about architecture of operating systems and programs and not about if apple told it's customers about the batterie and the CPU slowdowns.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-25 18:41:01

Sierra is the last version that likes me. I have upgraded to 13 and 14 a few times but it doesn’t like me

2019-05-25 19:44:23

I'm good with High Sierra, but I was trapped on the Mojave beta back when I had my old hard drive and I realized Wineskin wouldn't work with it. Once I got a new hd and fresh-installed everything, that was my chance to downgrade to High Sierra and stay there.

2019-05-26 04:08:17

Not shocked. that's IOS for ya. and lazy ass mardy sholts, who won't bring the games over to android, when it was built on a cross platform sdk, hmm, sound fumiluar? Yup, microsoft with fucking! seeing AI and soundscape.

2019-05-26 05:14:59

Wait, Blindfold Games weren't ever created on a cross-platform sdk. Technically impossible with the games hooking into Voiceover so much. Also, the problem here is user-base. Admittedly the Android community, or lack thereof, is such an unmoderated shitshow with a few here and there keeping the piece/starting their own android user list to separate from the nonsense from the elitists (some of which who call themselves Android evangelists). Also, we need to actually participate in market research/voting opportunities when they come. Seems like some of the android user-base is so good at making noise when companies aren't actively listening, but when it comes to the point when companies want new leads/are considering an Android move, no one shows up to vote. Seriously, Backpack Studio did not receive many votes for an Android version, which was disappointing no end. There were a few times where Microsoft released polls asking what we wanted out of Seeing AI. Since Android is such a fragmented platform with many different devices and variations of different cameras, sensors, api's and other specs, there needs to be enough demand for it. Especially when it's a project they're doing for free, yet investing serious amounts of compute power and money into it. Unless we want to start paying for Seeing AI which I"m sure will be a showstopper for many. So the next time Microsoft releases a poll for Seeing AI input, go out and vote, don't just shout on your platform of choice hoping someone's gonna hear you. Surveys and user opinion is more powerful a market force than you may think, but only if it's used and presented right.

2019-05-27 01:01:13

Oh yeah, blindfold games, the guy is full of awesome wrong facts about ways in which we use devices it's not even fun. You know, he likes things to be all simple and not complex, yet it took me forever to learn all the new gestures he made into the app while he could have simply made a standard UI. Nothing to learn, everything just works. You also have this amazing speech setup when you instal his apps, I wonder who actually suggested to have Samantha on such a high pitch by default? You know, the menu for changing speech options is actually not complex at all, you just have to do a bunch of things to change a voice. Again,, use voiceover and everything will be provided to you for free. As for the original point, lag, that is pretty much the way the server works, added with the fact networking on phone is generally a bit more laggy than a PC.

2019-05-27 03:44:27

The loophole with payed games is fixed, and yes i did know about it.