2019-05-25 17:08:01

Hi!
I don't know, if It belongs here, but maybe You know about Civclicker.
I have found new site of this game. This is actual version of this game and in changelog, there is note, that this game is currently on Sourceforge.
Maybe You know about It, here is the link.
http://civclicker.sourceforge.net/civcl … icker.html

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-05-25 18:01:53

Yes, I mentioned this in the civ clicker db entry and in the topic about incremental games.
Basically, The original developer has moved on, and now someone else has taken up the project, fixes include the trading actually working as well as more buttons, though I admit I  got into it as heavily yet.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-05-25 18:34:50

what's this game about?

Yours kindly

2019-05-25 20:17:53

Dark wrote:

Yes, I mentioned this in the civ clicker db entry and in the topic about incremental games.
Basically, The original developer has moved on, and now someone else has taken up the project, fixes include the trading actually working as well as more buttons, though I admit I  got into it as heavily yet.

Why heavily? Are there some problems?

Ja volim samo kafu sa Rakijom.

2019-05-25 21:15:54

I can't get into it.  There's no story/flavor text and there's way too much holding down of the enter key during the early game.  Seems like it might get interesting later on, but I've already got my hands full with Trimps.

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2019-05-25 21:38:08

I meant "heavily" as in heavily involved with the game as I've only had a brief try thus far.

@Aaron77, Your right about story text, though some of the units etc have interesting descriptions especially when you get around to gods and worship.
What is unique though, is that Civclicker is one game where you really need to be careful with strategy since a lot of systems in the game are fairly unforgiving, EG at the start you literally need five farmers to support one other type of worker.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-05-27 16:31:20

Yeah.  I kept killing workers off at first, which I thought was neat.  I got a bunch of upgrades that improved farmer performance, but the balancing act wasn't really ending and I just got tired of it.  I don't have any interest in balancing resources if I don't really care about the characters/workers/whatever I might be dealing with.  if there's no story text to reward me, I have no interest in taking the time to progress.  The religion system did sound pretty interesting though, and I might continue just to see what that's all about.  I built a few temples before I stopped playing, but I had to wait forever to collect 1000 piety.  Also, I couldn't just leave the game running, because my farmers occasionally got attacked by wolves without me noticing and then all of my workers died.  lol

I'm probably gonna get banned for this, but...

2020-02-02 03:04:50

The better civ clicker link is http://deathraygames.com/play-online/civ-clicker/

Who am I? Simply me!