2019-05-21 18:32:58

hi,
when I use command prompt it says python is not recognised as an internal or external command.

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-05-21 19:49:19

I don't think you got it registered in your path.
When you type a command like that, the environment variable 'path' is checked as far as I know, and if there is something like 'python.exe' in one of the folders that is run.
I think you need to reinstall Python and check more of the boxes. I know there is one 'add Python to environment variables' which might fix your problem.
I use the interactive shell a lot, idle

just doesn't do anything useful in my life.

2019-05-21 21:20:50

Hi.
To run scripts from within EdSharp, just press f5. If you are using a laptop you will probably have to press the scroll lock with f5 to make it work properly.
You have two problems, you don't have python added to your system variable, which is important for running python on the command prompt. Like others have said, make sure the system is setup to point to python, this tells command prompt what it needs to know. Now as for your code, you have written something wrong, post it here and I will try to help you. It maybe something as simple as you missed a quotation mark or indent or something like that.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-05-21 21:21:00

You don’t need to reinstall python to accomplish this. You can add the path on your own. Google will be your best friend for these types of things.

What game will hadi.gsf want to play next?

2019-05-21 21:47:27

Yes you can add it to the system variable yourself, just be very careful, you can screw up your computer if you do it wrong. It's simple enough to do, just add the path to python, then you should have no problem using the command prompt.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2019-05-22 04:38:05

hi,
@28 my code is
print ("hello world")
I will try to add python to the system variable.

To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-05-22 23:15:14

Try it without the parentheses. If you are using python 2, that might confuse it a little.

Guitarman.

2019-05-23 03:53:00

hi,
I am using python 3.6. Will the parenthesis still confuse it?

2019-05-23 03:55:12 (edited by leibylucw 2019-05-23 04:55:39)

The problem is you have a space in between print and the parentheses. Remove it and you should be fine.

Edit: That actually isn't the issue. It runs just fine with extra white space.

2019-05-23 12:45:14

hi,
How do you add python to the system variable? I am confused.

2019-05-23 14:58:08

You have to locate where your Python version is installed, and then copy and paste that filepath into a new entry in the System Environment path variables.

This page
should be of great help.

2019-05-23 16:40:18 (edited by gerech 2019-05-23 17:02:44)

hi,
@36 it worked. But when I run the command it says:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>python test.py
python: can't open file 'test.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

the test.py is my test code. It is saved in the desk top. the code is:
print("hello, world")
I am using python 3.7.3.

2019-05-23 17:08:20

You need to navigate to the directory where your file is stored on the command-line. TO do this, type:

cd c:\users\username\desktop

Then try running your code.

2019-05-23 17:30:43

hi,
it worked smile
thanks.

2019-05-23 17:38:43

hi,
is there some tutorials on how to use python?
thanks.

2019-05-23 18:00:50

Literally all over the internet.
smile

I strongly recommend
this one
for Python 3, which is what you're running.

2019-05-23 22:02:04

There are plenty of tutorials, think python, a bite of python, and many others. Just find one that works for you.

Guitarman.