2019-05-14 11:05:00

I have a few questions since i discovered this and am highly interested:
Is it possible for us to Play the older games as well?
If not, is it possible to Play the plods and such via a mod or such things?
Can we use and Play mods and expansions, user created missions or plods and such as well?
I like to see that this game seems to be made accessible now, because such a type of game with professional Sound and such we haven't of it's Kind.
And is it possible to buy it on other platforms other than steam?

2019-05-14 12:32:51

you can buy it from goodoldgames.com

2019-05-14 12:58:23

thank you, that is already helpfull. Maybe someone can answer the other questions as well? That would be fantastic.

2019-05-14 18:51:05

Niklas wrote:

I have a few questions since i discovered this and am highly interested:
Is it possible for us to Play the older games as well?
If not, is it possible to Play the plods and such via a mod or such things?

Yes, at least X3: Reunion is somewhat playable. X2 is not, as far as I know, though I could be wrong about that. We can use mods to experience user-generated content, though I haven't odne a lot of that as there's so much in the main game already and it hasn't been my focus for a while.

Niklas wrote:

Can we use and Play mods and expansions, user created missions or plods and such as well?
I like to see that this game seems to be made accessible now, because such a type of game with professional Sound and such we haven't of it's Kind.
And is it possible to buy it on other platforms other than steam?

As Daren said, we can buy it on GoG, Good old Games. I wish I had known that earlier, as the Steam client is a little annoying to use.

2019-05-14 19:56:55

well zac i found gog.com by someone posting it on this thread actually but quite a bit further back as i didn't fancy the steam option.

2019-05-14 21:16:00

I got the Demmo off the develuper sight, linked from the steem client. Though, tthere seemed to be 2 download llinks, and you have to play around with the graphics or it won't let you open it, for some reason.

2019-05-20 06:39:44

I've been thinking about this game again lately and am planning to try to play.

The current work done on scripting takes a bit of setup, but once it's done the audio quality of the game makes things very playable. I hope I can enjoy the game without burning out on it this time around.

Also of note, there are many mods to add functionality to the game, ranging from changed races to whole new factions and other things. I have yet to explore these as much as I would like to.

2019-05-20 12:19:38

well make sure you use the latest scripts they are really good.

2019-05-20 12:20:20

also post on my topic in the x3tc ap scripts and modding forum would be nice for people to know that there's more than 1 of us playing lol.

2019-05-21 20:09:49

Hi Darren. I am curious. What are the actual scripts nowadays? If I remember right you had updated them a few times, are these in the dropbox folder the current ones?

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-21 21:59:46

yup they are the currant scripts.

2019-05-21 22:42:21

Ok, what did you add in the last version actualy?

What I want to be doing now is get some more credits in and then start building ore mines on asteroids.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-21 22:58:52

lol i'm not the script writer. so don't give me that credit it's certainly not deserved smile
factories now have their production infomation shown:
frait scanners now work.
mineral scanners work.
that's what i remember off the top of my head.

2019-05-21 23:00:57

What scripts and stuff do you have to set up for the game to work well? I do want to buy it, but I want to know how to make it as accessable as possible before doing so.

2019-05-22 06:23:47

There's a Dropbox folder here which has the latest scripts and a program to install which helps you get them working.

You basically run the Plugin manager, and set your saved games to "modified." Then copy the scripts, the .pck files, into the add ons\scripts\ directory. NOte that they're intended for X3 AP, which is an expansion to Teran COnflict with some quality of life improvements. Most of them would probably work with TC but I haven't tested that.

AFter you do all that, the log files in the Documents\Egosoft directory will contain a bunch of useful accessibility info.

2019-05-22 15:48:56

Hi.

Wouldn't it be possible to equip the station checking scripts with a default hotkey binding? I am having no luck with setting up a hotkey for them.

I guess they only work with x3 AP? I haven't made any progress there, only with the tc version, and I guess that the safe files will not be compatible.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-22 16:10:10

yeah these scripts as far as i know will only work with AP.

2019-05-22 16:34:57

Unfortunately, it's not possible to assign hotkeys to scripts outside of the game. THe only advice I can give is to scan down near the bottom of the hotkey assignment list, thank GOd that doesn't appear to loop, and to check carefully with OCR before assigning something. FOrtunately it's just a variation on the game's standard menu system.

2019-05-22 17:12:46

Uh crap, so I guess  that means complete restart. Ah well.
Are there other goods you would start trading with? I would stick to ore as my main trading good for now, but something more pricier with a bigger income would be good to have for later on.

Greetings Moritz.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-23 06:17:36

Ore and silicon wafers are a good investment. Crystals as I recall weren't bad either.

I hope to have some time to actually play tomorrow or the next day. I'm basically re-learning from scratch, it's been a while.

2019-05-23 08:27:41

Hi.

Well if i can help you, just drop me a skype PM. Now I gotta check what the silicone wafers are in the german x3 xD.

Greetings Moritz.

2019-05-23 11:43:39

you're b better off trading in energy cells. multiple reasons. they are:
1. they are cheap. min price 12 max 20. it's pretty easy to find spp's and buy from them and sell to anything. bakeries, ranches mines etc.
2. they are small. 1 energy cell is equal to 1 unit. so if you can afford to buy 3000 energy cells you can buy 3000 energy cells. you can't do that with the likes of ore or silicon.
3. energy cells get used up quicker than anything else so the demand for them is greater.
4. you can cell them to pretty much any manufacturing facility whereas the likes of ore can only be sold to certain factory types.

that's not to say you shouldn't trade in ore and the like but certainly in the early game i would stick to ec's. also you can use ec's to trade with paranid stations initially so you can increase your ratings with them in order to gain access to further paranid stations and tech.

2019-05-23 16:44:13 (edited by zkline 2019-05-23 16:44:59)

That is definitely a point in favor of EC's. I'll just say that I found the profit margin a little annoying as soon as I could afford an almost full hold of ore. Also, I've discovered that we can do missions, even if we have to talk to most people in the sector to find them. There is a quirk in the way the menus are set up, so the normal comms menu is 3 options, while one with a mission offer is 4. Also, the game helpfully tells you where your next destination is on the mission screen.

2019-05-23 18:25:46

so zac have you attempted combat yet? how has that worked out for you.

2019-05-24 13:04:44

Hi.

yeah, the margin on EC's is really not that good, while you make around 20K per full shipment if you are lucky, I made around 50 to 60K with a full shipment of ore when I was still playing TC. I have to start fresh in AP now, but this shouldn't take that long.

What systems would you actually go and install first? I installed the nav computer, duplex scanner, boost upgrade, rudder upgrade and turbine upgrade, cargo room is still sorta expensive.

Greetings Moritz.