2019-05-22 06:35:51

I'd love to know that myself, my highest score just barely scraped past 799,000.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-05-22 08:22:39 (edited by Shadowcat 2019-05-22 08:31:28)

I'm honestly not entirely sure, lol only advice I can give is mash, mash like you've never mashed before and try not to die. What helps a lot later is if you find a megaton punch, you can very easily get like 20 consecutive hits for a massive score bonus, and the further out the enemies when you hit them, the higher your points go. 5000 points or more for a single hit at later stages with megaton punch is about average... and every single punch you throw out in those 15 seconds will probably hit something unless you're like me and pick up a shrink right afterward.  I could paste that log of the 4 mill point game here, but that'd be very long.
Also I just noticed something after unlocking all the screams... there seem to be a few screams that were in the original version that didn't make it back into the new version. Was that an intentional thing? A couple screams also show up twice in the list.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-05-22 08:29:52

@48
After the game crashed, do you find data/errorLog.txt? Is something written on it?
@52
There were some duplicated screams in v1. I thought I deleted all duplications, but might be missing something.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2019-05-22 08:36:45

The one duplicate situation I can find right now is screams 42 and I think 63? In turn though, I can think of two screams from V1 that didn't return, one was I think a modified version of another one and a second that was unique but I don't know the numbers.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2019-05-22 09:02:15

@Nyan but why do you reset this scoreboard for 3 months?
It would be very good when you get 1000 points and you hear "you are on 2000 position" you get 200000 points and you hear "you are on the 300 position."
On Klango was game "long jump", and there was everythink, Developers didn't reset score board, and it was very  pretty.

2019-05-22 10:04:18

Some people like it being reset and some do not. For my schoreboards, I took the first option.

2019-05-22 10:30:21

What's a pity.
hm, Could you explain me what means speed?
After game over i see smy score.
Hit! (speed 140, distance 4)
distanse 4 means, the creature was 4 metres from me, but speed 140?

2019-05-22 11:23:38

wooo, I am going to play it but one question. do you think that this game would be some time at google play for android? it should be really good.

2019-05-22 13:43:01

i got to 1400000    points, i just can't do what      post    43 did, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, that's too much, lol

And as anyone who's gone mountain climbing knows ,The serene snow-covered peaks that look so tranquil from a bdistance, Are the deadliest
sound is my vision
i rarely check my private messages on the forum, so if you want to contact me please use my email, or dm me  at oussama40121 on tw

2019-05-22 15:02:37 (edited by assault_freak 2019-05-22 15:06:35)

No, nothing from the error log here. The game doesn't even show me an error or crash. It just closes. Can someone else try and see if they can duplicate this error? One a computer using the US locale? I'm wondering if that may be the problem.

Also Yukio, could you possibly explain how the scoring system works? The manual for this version is short, and there's nothing in there about how points are calculated, or what some of the stats, especially speed, mean. Would probably be helpful to know. Thanks!

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-05-22 15:59:59

Hi. I have played this game for a little while, not much, my score on arcade is bearly above 900000, but I do intend to play it more, it's quite addicting. I love the improvements too. I had a lot of fun with screaming strike v1 back in 2013 or so. At post 60, I tried switching to japanese on my system, it also randomly closed itself for no reason, without any errors or anything.  Maybe it really is a US locale thing? I mean my system isn't US either. Also, I think spead is the random modifier of each enemy's speed, meaning how fast it walks. The faster they walk towards you, the harder, in theory, it is to hit them, and the more points you get when hitting them. That's my theory, it may not be true though.
Thanks again for this amazing game Nyanchan!

2019-05-22 16:33:24

@47
Sure, email it and I'll recompyle.
I can also add an exception handler to hopefully catch more errors and put them in a nice log file.
I already found one where resetting scores, the function called to reset scores needs an s added to the end.

2019-05-22 16:38:27

61, ok. Thanks for confirming the problem. Very odd indeed...

2019-05-22 17:58:23

I have an idea.
Nyan, you can extend statistics. I mean, you add information for example who is the best from last 100 days, and which  is your position, and which  is your position in total ranking.
If you add statistic, you wil not have to reset score board. Now a lot of people play and if you want to be in top 10 in clasic mode you will have to reach 300000 points, but in 3 months  someone who reachs 200000 points will be in top 3.
If you extend statistic, everybody will be happy;D

2019-05-22 18:36:25

Hi @Nyanchan, I sent you some more screams in a pm. Some by myself and some made using tts.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2019-05-22 19:14:46

Yeah... I would much rather reset scoreboards. Keeps competition fresh.. and you forget that more information means more space required for it.

2019-05-22 19:44:16 (edited by meiffert 2019-05-22 19:48:55)

hmm, but the best scores are destroyed.
and how much space required 10000 scores? hm nothing, this is only text.
and If statistic will be more detailed, ipeople will known who is the best in last 3 months for example.

2019-05-22 19:48:39

Leaderboards for all games reset after a certain time. Mainstream games are the same... the point is to see if the people with the best scores can keep getting those high scores.

2019-05-22 19:55:07

Maybe you are right, but this game is not very popular and in 1 year the best score will be bad score;D
hmm, maybe others say what do you think about it?
Maybe only I want to change heh.

2019-05-22 20:05:51

Probably, I personally don't like scoreboards that don't reset. Super Egg Hunt was like that for awhile, for example, and to me at least, that makes the game less appealing to play when you see that the same person has been dominating the scoreboard for a year, and that nobody has even had the chance to try to top it.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-05-22 20:17:09

Some scoreboards don't even have a reset period! I know games, both audio and mainstream, that litterally only record the top 10 scores. Everyone else's score gets calculated but doesn't matter which is pretty much how this game does it at the moment. Only difference being that when it resets everyone who's already there gets cleared.

2019-05-23 03:30:51

@60
If you have excel installed, you can experiment with score calculation by downloading the repository and opening docs/score_table.xlsx. I can't past the formulas right now.
@Others
Sorry, I'm getting extremely busy again. Hopefully I can respond to each of the comments the next Sunday... Later.
One thing. I understand the both arguments about the scoreboards reset, so expect something will be done.

2019-05-23 04:05:27

Thanks for this new version, awesome work. I love this game. I may eventually make some screams for it.

Stevie-3

2019-05-23 06:15:04

Because Yukio made it to the Oh Shit top 10 back in the day, I did the same for his game. A few times. big_smile Love this thing!
Awesome work, as always!

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-05-23 06:17:14

Also in terms of score resetting, the way my games do it is that a score stays on the board for 1 or 2 weeks, then it gets removed. So the dominating score will only dominate for a short time

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support