2019-05-21 18:26:51

My topic name is confusing, I'm not sure how to word it. But here's what I'm wondering. If I have a list of links in an html document, can I have one be automatically removed after the user opens the document for the first time or clicks the link for the first time?

2019-05-21 18:37:45

You can do this with javascript. Give your link an ID, then when you want to hide it, you should be able to call document.getElementById("link_id").hidden=true. If that doesn't work, put your link in a div. <div id="link"><a href="something.html">something</a></div>, then to hide it, in javascript call document.getElementById("link").hidden=true

I am a web designer, and a game developer. If you wish see me at http://www.samtupy.com

2019-05-21 18:39:08

I don't knpw the code for it, but you could send a cookie with php.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-05-22 09:47:43

@2
I think the same
You can just use java script, and make a ID, for your link then just do
document.getElementById
Now if you don't want to use JavaScript you can make something with a back end programming langwidge, for example PHP or python

Have a lovely day.