2019-05-17 13:00:36

hello all.
I was wondering how to use fl studio. is it accesseble with any screenreaders at all?

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2019-05-17 15:03:54

Unfortunatelly not. I checked it with NVDA. You can only select file and playing on the samples but can't changing settings, adding fxe's or recording it.

Mao!
--
TD programs website available under new address.
https://tdprograms.ovh/

2019-05-17 15:28:26

It is not.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-17 16:03:34

It is not, unfortunately. You can play on instruments, with the keyboard, but nothing else...

2019-05-17 16:29:04

I believe there are scripts for Jaws that allow for some kind of usability in ancient versions of Fl, but I don't think you could get very far with them. The version you'd have to use would be extremely outdated anyways. It's a program that I definitely don't think will be seeing accessibility anytime soon.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-05-17 23:45:36

You are only half-right guys. OK, FL itself is not accessible, but you can use ReaWire to connect to FL and control it through Reaper. It is clunky, but hey! It works!

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-18 01:16:46

if you connect with ReaWire, you can't use it again because you need to work with it's graphical user interface which is not accessible!.

2019-05-18 01:21:40

@nuno69
What kind of usability have you been able to get out of this setup? Is it worth not just using Reaper on its own? My only interest in FL is to have access to some of the Image-Line exclusive PlugIns.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-05-18 02:51:52

Why would you ever do that, also, that doesn't mean anyone is half wrong, it still means the interface is inaccessible.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-18 10:57:44

You are right @Ironcross, however english is not my mative language so I cannot express everything as I would wanted to.
I managed to use all of the instruments, that's why I wanted FL Studio anyway.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-18 19:31:08

Just use reaper. Or logic if your on mac, logic has better sounds anyway. Or pro tools but thats better for audio recording rather than midi and its hella expensive and only works on the mac for us. Either way there's options. If your just doing midi, and your on windows, you have qws as well. If you want audio too, use reaper, or i'm not sure this still works, but sonar cakewalk, is that still around but just not being updated? You deffinately have options on windows, more on mac but windows has some too that will work instead of fl.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2019-05-19 12:20:05

hi,
what is qws?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-05-19 15:41:34

It's quick windows sequencer, good for recording midi keyboards.

2019-05-21 10:51:21

Whatever plug-in you want to use on FL. You can find a similar one which is compatible with reaper.
I always wanted to use gross beat's and found a similar maybe better plugins bye cableguys.
Half-time and shaperbox. I am noticing a lot more famous producers using cableguys plugins lately the bonus is that they are very cheap and affordable.

2019-05-21 19:41:04

And is there a way to use Reaper without a Midi keyboard? If there is, could anyone teach me how to configure the thing? Because, ehm, I know that to reach the keyboard I should press alt + b, but I can't manage to add any plugins, those sounds I get are only generated by windows, similar to beeping or something like that.

2019-05-24 12:04:35

@15, same problem here, can someone help us out?

Awesome, you made it to the end!
Hit h to go to the next post.

2019-05-31 14:39:28

Huh so I'm not alone with that big_smile I'm sure we are doing something wrong but would be really good if someone helped.