2019-05-15 11:16:08

Hi there.
I've been messing with c# for a while, and I was wondering which GUI libraries would you guys recommend.
Keep in mind, I am not able to use UWP since I am  not on windows 10
I've tried WPF, but seems like it's not accessible by default and you have to use some properties in the XAML documents to make the window more accessible.
I've also tried window forms but while I am in the designer and I open the toolbox my Visualstudio and my NVDA crash.
So, what would you guys recommend? Are there other libraries which you know of besides those 3 that I've mentioned?
Thanks in advance.

Paul

2019-05-15 17:59:37

I had the same issue(crashing when opening toolbox). Try updating your visual studio to the latest version. I remember that recent versions of vs2017 had it fixed. 2019 should be ok too. I always used windows forms because that thing is really easy to work with

---
Co-founder of Sonorous Arts.
Check out Sonorous Arts on github: https://github.com/sonorous-arts/
my Discord: kianoosh.shakeri2#2988

2019-05-17 09:10:03

I recommend you use WPF, yeah, you have more wok to do, but it will pay off on a long term. Oh, and I do not recommend NVDA with VS. Despite the fact that 2019 is faster and snappier, Jaws still behaves better.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-17 09:11:28

If you really want to use Windows Forms, you might create the interfaces yourself.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-05-17 21:13:00

HI.
How can I update to vs2019? I have 2017 installed, do I have to uninstall then reinstall? I'd rather not do that, but I don't see an update option anywhere unless I just looked in the wrong place.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-05-17 21:25:02

You don't update 2017 to 2019. You can have them both installed, they are separate. So if you don't need 2017, you can just uninstall  that.

Host of Sightless Fun, podcast about visual accessibility in modern Board Games.

Follow on Twitter

2019-05-17 22:50:08

And I recommend doing that |@guitarman. No need of keeping it

2019-05-18 03:23:52

Thanks for the assistance. I will do that.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.

2019-05-18 10:55:33

No problem man. Ask anytime smile

2019-05-19 03:48:15

Hi Nuno, I appreciate the help very much! Thanks again

Guitarman.