2019-05-15 00:22:18

I do not know if this is the right board for this, but I was curious if anyone still played Celtic Tribes these days? Somehow, I prefer it to Lords and knights  Though  I really can’t say why.
If so, which world do you play? I am also looking for a good alliance, if anyone knows of any. Any world will do, it doesn’t really matter to me.

2019-05-15 17:37:41 (edited by Cornettoking 2019-05-15 17:38:19)

Hi,
I recently started playing Celtic Tribes again, but I am playing on a german-language world so if you don't speak german, I'm sorry to say that I don't have any suggestions for you regarding a world or an alliance.
But I think a General hint is: Don't Play on the worlds where it says "recommended" because as far as I have seen, These worlds are full of players who Play for a couple of weeks and then go inactive, which doesn't make for a fun gaming experience.
Hope this helps.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2019-05-15 17:50:40 (edited by kb 2019-05-15 17:51:57)

I do not speak German. So that world would be very hard for me to play, as you said. Sometimes though, I do believe that isolated servers are better.  Especially for newer players, who if they don’t find an alliance, are  often completely taken over by older players

2019-05-16 20:53:46

I play on USA7, and I completely disagree that you should stay away from newer servers. You shouldn't. Newer servers have more opportunities. Just for Shits and giggles I created an account on server 1 a bit ago. I tell you, there were like 6 free villages within 100 fields of me.
So yeah. I dono if you can look up players, but if you can, my name on there is Nick Camble. I'm in a really active alliance as well. To add to it, they can help you grow really really fast. If you can't find me, sign up for USA7 and let me know your ID. I'll put in a good word for you.

2019-05-16 21:03:11

Oh, great! I play on USA seven, though  I only have 135 points or so. A lot of the alliances look really small, and I’ve tried to join a couple of them and have not gotten any response. I am only on the fourth day of my new protection, I completely agree with you on the new server thing. I have like 30  free villages within 30 fields of me, plus a couple of free fortresses. I think I’m set up very nicely, if I do say so myself. If you can look me up on there, I am Alli  I would love to join an alliance, if that any of them would actually except me. I know I’m small, but I’m growing rapidly.

2019-05-17 09:05:36

Hi,

I am playing celtic tribes for the better part of two years now, i am playing on dutch 2, which is a recommened one as well. So I side with amerekranian here. When i started two years ago, i had a lot of free cities to raid, to plunder and later to take over. Then two of my friends located themself near me, and we joined the Alliance which ruled there. Later we fused with the #1 Alliance of that world known as evolution, and right now we have a rather large area under control and defend it for evolution. I have around 50 cities and 7 fortresses, and 25.000 points. While my defensive army counts at least 100.000 men, and my offensive armies count at least 40.000.

Sorry, got a bit statistical there tongue

To be honest, i like ct more then LaK but it all comes down to someone's personals favorite. I would like when ct got the cites upgrade LaK has, but i won't see that happening to soon.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-05-17 14:32:59

I’m in us7 too, i have 20 points. Just joined today

2019-05-17 14:40:36

I’m mazen
Player: Mazen
xy.clts://player?1583&69

2019-05-17 20:23:25

I would like to give an update.
@kb, I know that the welcome was a bit rough, but the tribe is friendly when they get to know you. They kind of have to when dealing with my antics, I don't do well with diplomacy. Still, continue growing and do as Enforcer suggested, trust me he knows what he's doing and talking about.
@Mazen, keep growing. I realized my mistake when asking about kb so early on. The biggest problem is sticking with the game even when it's a bit draggy. The tribe does not want to have a bunch of members that join and then become inactive.
Also, don't post the links unless you're inside the game. They don't do anything outside of it and there's no way to activate a link from the game unless somebody else posts it.

2019-05-17 21:18:56

It all kind of confused me anyway. They seemed friendly enough but kind of aloof.  I’m not sure how they want me to grow, if they only want me to keep one village so that I can move to their stronghold later. That’s a big if, if they will allow me into their tribe, if I go fast enough? I have no idea anyway. I will continue to grow, but it will be a lot slower.

2019-05-19 00:15:13

HI,

@kb

Don't worrie to much about growing fast in the beginning of the game. You have only one city to take care off. The raking in of points gets easier as soon as you take over various cities. Your sessions per day become longer as well to be honest smile But my experience is that the tribes on the dutch server at least, don't put to much pressure on a player, as long as they're still growing. Better a slow grow, then no growth at all.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2019-05-19 00:18:14

That is true, and I am still growing.