2019-05-15 16:37:07 (edited by RemusLupin 2019-05-15 16:40:52)

oh sure ty idk in most of the countreys iphone is popular, and idk why. For me android is better than this iphone. It have really good accessibillity too. Also supports many language, whitch iphone doesn't.
hmm, you don't need any itunes for access your android files, you need only your usb cable, and done. Yeah years ago android was not accesseble, but now it is.

Yours kindly

2019-05-15 16:45:33

I do also agree with this point as well... needing no software to transfer files back and forth, with the structure that I want, is beautiful.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-05-15 17:14:03

Towts off topic guys, But can someone give me link to that groop? I really wanted to download that screenreader! Want to try something other than talkback!

My chiptune archive is https://chiparchive.com/files/.
And the new sync key is
BQHTXTVRWGMFSI3BI3ZVQ4TGEOGNJJO64
Twitter is https://twitter.com/thechiptunearc1?lang=en

2019-05-15 17:54:02

@28

Here, is the link for you, though fully shown:

http://t.me/jieshuochat

@dark

That way of visualizing thing you shared about the peaches,is a great one!

I am honestly, saving up for an iPad Mini 5 in gold, 256GB of space, and will probably get it on "Amazon USA" for $544 USD.

It ain't my first Apple product, though it will be replacing my iPod Touch 6th Gen in gold, which only has 32GB and most likely won't be getting iOS 13 anytime soon.

2019-05-15 17:57:09

i due have an older HTC One phone flying around. And while it still might not be the newest model, I still receive system updates and can fuck around with a lot of things there, something which is actually as well doable on ios which would now lead to the topic of jailbreaking.
Androids accessibility did evolve, I can't deny that, but I have been working with iOS for almost 10 years by now and over that time I found a huge pile of apps which fit my needs and do what I want them to do. Things I would be hesitant to do with android are for example financial transactions, the amount of potential threats is keeping me away from these kinds of activitys.
Also, the google accessibility phramework doesn't really ensure an intuitive control of talkback, with all those l shaped motions and menus popping up, I am sorry, but in my daily workflow, I can't deal with my screen reader not instantly doing what it is supposed to be doing.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-05-15 21:28:17

You know... just saying, but if you think that the google android accessibility team has some cleanup to do... might you (instead of ranting about how bad it is) actually go help them out, mmm?

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-05-15 21:58:23

People have tried. They simply aren't very receptive to reports and feedback. Well, maybe not receptive isn't the right way to put it. They may listen, but fixing what we suggest as users is far lower on their priority list..

2019-05-15 22:12:36

Yeah, I want to help them out, how do we go about doing that? Clearly they have no idea what they are doing recently, but this is a completely different topic. Just listen to the latest accessibility session at google IO and you should hopefully understand everything.

2019-05-15 22:33:58

If folks want to try and reach out to the peeps over at

http://g.co/disabilitysupport

, good luck!

Right, now for that Google Accessibility Presentation that completely gone wrong!

Alternatively, ya can watch a video on Demystifying Android Accessibility Development or the lovely session on Chrome OS Accessibility instead.

2019-05-16 00:14:06

@assault_freak  well the garden metaphore went a bit nuts but I left it in for amusement big_smile.
I will admit the idea of file transfers without the baleful Itunes is indeed an attractive one, as I've said before I bought a victor reader stream just because of  how stupid I found Itunes for media files, voice notes etc.

I do wonder though in terms of aps and games where Android is these days, since I'd say probably %70 of what I do on my Iphone is all ap related, something which is likely to increase with greater use of satnavs and ocr technology, quite aside from games.

I certainly will try an Android device if I have the chance too for the experience alone if nothing else.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-05-16 01:39:46

Well, list some things you want to do and I'll see if I can think of an Android equivalent! smile Of course, again usin the western metaphor, with Android it requires you to do a bit more exploring of uncharted territory since there are less standards for accessibility and intuitiveness, which is why Android appeals to people who are more tech-savvy.

2019-05-16 01:48:33

Well, this kind of blew up
The main reason i am on android, even to this day is because my family has always used android, and that's the ecosystem i was born in to.
I got my first phone in 2016, it was a galaxy s3.
Talkback was actually pritty good, even when explorer by touch wasn't around. Just use a keyboard. That's what i was used to, and i really think more people should try android.
Another thing about android is the ability to sideload apps. I managed to get ivona tts even though it has been off the playstore for many years.
I would recommend a pixel for starting users.

2019-05-16 02:00:23

it just doesn't feel good as a platform for me to use on the daily. As a toy, something to hack around on, sure, not as a stable platform. I've seen it go into a softboot loop, a crash loop, and pure cascade failure where one service after another one went down to the point where you could no longer dismiss the dialogs and the thing was frozen solid, and that was not all that long ago.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-16 02:46:32

firstly. I hate that term blindy. I'm a blind person not a blindy, not a blink not a whatever the fuck other names there are.. I'm a blind person. Secondly people are afraid to get out of their comfort zone and try something new. I went android about a year ago and refuse to go back to apple.

2019-05-16 04:55:48

I guess, it comes always down to what kind of person you are. If you want something, that works out of the box, that is simple and easy to use, you should go for an Iphone. I did that, when I bought my first smart phone many years ago. It was an Iphone 5, and it worked very well.
Today, I am using both, Android and IOS. At some point, when my current Iphone stops working, I plan to switch to Android completely. Mostly, because I don't want to pay Apple's rediculously high prices anymore.
As for what is better than the other, well, I don't think, neither is really "better". Both systems have their advantages and their disadvantages. With IOS for example, you can always rely upon having updates on a regular basis for at least three years. While with Android that is kind of a different story.
I have a moto G5. Motorola released an update to Android 8.1 Oreo last year. My phone hasn't gotten this update until now. So, a few weeks ago, I sat down, and updated it manually. It worked well, but it also required a lot of research and time. I understand, if not anyone wants to deal with things like that.
On the other hand, with Android I can dictate text messages in different languages without having to change the keyboard. That's a feature, that I find very handy, and that I would like to see on IOS as well.
But also, you won't have Seeing AI, Blindsquare or Microsoft Soundscape on Android. Surely, you could use Envision AI. But that App is not yet, where Seeing AI is. And I still haven't figured out, what would be a good navigation software for blind people on Android.
Bottom line, both systems are usable. It just depends on how much time and efford you want to put in, to learn to use them.

2019-05-16 05:03:10

Thumbs up at post 40! Exactly my view on this subject. Too bad there are all too many people who are blind to that fact that stick up for either camp without opening their eyes a litle.

2019-05-16 05:33:02 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-05-16 05:35:48)

I have really tried hard, very hard to use a mac. I also have tried very hard to use and Ipad. And I simply could just never get the hang of it... let alone the very basics. Everything was just too.. confusing? done in just one way, sort of terribly planned.
I Started using android as back as 2010! when accessibility was just usable, for calling and that was it. Granted, I had switched from a nokia phone with talks so things were just about the same in terms of accessibility. The reasons why i never got an IPhone were firstly high prices and secondly that I needed to change the way the sim card was just so I could use a newer phone, and back in the day providers here were not that caught up with the trend.
So, android it was. The web experience was disappointing, too many apps everyone had I could not use, but slowly and surely that changed and now accessibility is about the same in both platforms.
I have had four android phones, three of them with physical keyboards. You never got that with an IPhone for example.
The current one now is the Samsung galaxy a9, famous for its social media presense with 4 rear cameras on board and no physical keyboard--I am a musician so the cameras and stuff serves me well--also audio quality is pretty good too.
As for good navigation apps, in the spanish speaking world we do ahve lazarillo app, in other places I think the notnav gps or "eye D" with its travel mode are decent enough. People praise nearby explorer a lot though it costs a small price and it only works well in U.s. and Canada.

I really appreciate multi language voice dictation, as well as prediction. And curiously, I have been running with samgsung just recently, and its been done rather pretty well, they do have certain accessibility enhancements for a few key areas of the system, one example being that you can buy a bunch of cheap NFC sticky tags and record small voice clips on them and you just got a cheap pen friend labeller, so you can mark whatever you want and use the phone to identify stuff, all free of charge and as part of the system with no additional app needed.
Power goes pretty decent in this phone, a charge  lasts me three days in average.
Not sure what else to compare, if anything? everyone's phone usage is different so its better if you tell us what are your favorite or most  frequently done things in the IPhone world and we could probably review (or trash) an app for those. lol.

By the way talkback and explore by touch are no longer two separate apps, they had merged years ago, so there is also bashing due to lots of misinformation.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-05-16 08:33:24

If I remember correctly, nearby explorer online, the free application does work internationally, not just in north America thankfully.

2019-05-16 11:28:22

The reason I use IOS over Android, and more specifically Voiceover over Talkback is for the following reasons:

1. As far as I know, Talkback does not have something similar to Voiceover's touch passthrough, the thing that allows me to type on Flicktype. Every person I know that uses Talkback uses dictation. I mean, if you're fine with other people hearing your messages and having your texts riddled with a bunch of mistranslated words, that's fine.

2. Talkback isn't nearly as responsive as Voiceover. I mean this in the sense that there's always a slight delay in using gestures.

3. Lack of updates for Android. I'm actually curious for Android users to respond to this, because this is a big reason why I don't use Android.

4. This is actually a rather small reason, and maybe I just never figured out the command. I like being able to pause my audio with a two finger double tap. On a similar note, being able to mute Voiceover. As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Talkback doesn't have either of those.

2019-05-16 15:14:18

You think apple doesn’t lack in updates? Hahahahaha

2019-05-16 15:55:24 (edited by jack 2019-05-16 15:56:42)

Ross,

Ross wrote:

1. As far as I know, Talkback does not have something similar to Voiceover's touch passthrough, the thing that allows me to type on Flicktype. Every person I know that uses Talkback uses dictation. I mean, if you're fine with other people hearing your messages and having your texts riddled with a bunch of mistranslated words, that's fine.

True enough. I use either a tap wearable keyboard ($150) or type to my phone through my Telnet if I'm concerned about accuracy and it's a long message.

Ross wrote:

2. Talkback isn't nearly as responsive as Voiceover. I mean this in the sense that there's always a slight delay in using gestures.

This may be more common on older devices. I have a pixel2 and it's barely noticeable.

Ross wrote:

3. Lack of updates for Android. I'm actually curious for Android users to respond to this, because this is a big reason why I don't use Android.

This is one more reason why you really should purchase a Google-branded device. You'll be first in line for updates. If you are that person that still buys their phones from the carrier, Google's budget Pixel3a is going to be sold by nearly all carriers now. Although, i really don't get why one would do that when you can buy the phone unlocked on a payment plan straight from the google store.

ross wrote:

4. This is actually a rather small reason, and maybe I just never figured out the command. I like being able to pause my audio with a two finger double tap. On a similar note, being able to mute Voiceover. As far as I know, and please correct me if I'm wrong, Talkback doesn't have either of those.

Muting Talkback is indirectly accomplished through its accessibility volume control. While there isn't a magic tap gesture, there's button-mapper pro for android that lets you map volume key commands to those gestures.
All this is from someone who, after a profoundly disappointing Samsung experience, has stuck with the Nexus/Pixel lineup through and through for years now and has never been disappointed by any of them.

2019-05-16 16:36:53

Yeah you get screwed over if you go through a carrier because they give you late updates, then stop giving you updates altogether. So, unless you want to root and then flash the updated ROM yourself, you're not getting it.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-16 16:43:39 (edited by haily_merry 2019-05-16 16:45:28)

The responsiveness of talkback issue could also be more of a tts problem. Google tts, as well as some others like vocalizer and accapella, aren't exactly well known for there responsiveness when doing general things. Typing has never really been a problem for me, at least not since I got google keyboard, a little slow maybe, but i'm someone who never really liked braille screen input and never actually found the time to check out flick type anyway. That aside though, dictation on android is actually way better than I thought. I've been able to dictate some pretty long messages without trouble before.
Question. As someone who got my phone through car phone warehouse, do you think that'll have any impact on how fast I get updates / when I stop getting them? I'm on a pixel, btw, for those of you who didn't see my topic.

2019-05-16 17:05:21

@47

Not being able to text without using dictation or a keyboard is honestly a dealbreaker for me TBH. My job requires me to constantly be traveling and communicating with others.

2019-05-16 17:25:43

I use TalkBack and I type just fine. and yes agreeing with post 40 about prices. I also feel like android give you a little more fexibility whee apps are concerned. If you can't you can usually find one that's accessible with a little trial and error. Or barring that, the crfeators are usualy pretty good about updating them and making them more accessible.