2019-05-14 09:10:05

Hello!
Anyway to use Jaws cursor like NVDA's object nav? With NVDA I was able to for example read how much of the Windows update update has been downloaded. With Jaws I have to wait for a moment where it speaks it.
Is there a way to read these texts unreachable with a PC cursor?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-14 12:37:38

You have to activate touch cursor. It allows you to explore the program you're in much like you do with NVDA.

2019-05-14 22:22:22

...And the keystroke is JAWSKEY+SHIFT+SEMICOLON.

2019-05-16 08:29:05

Thank you guys!!! One more question, when there is a link on middle of a line, which says for example click here, I cannot select the word "here" as cursor jumps through it. ANy ideas?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-05-16 17:06:22

Try refreshing the screen with insert+escape as JAWS may gain the proper focus.

2019-05-17 09:20:06

It's not the case Afrim.
In order to reproduce my problem do the following,
go to the bottom of this post, you will have links like EMail, PM, Tumbs Up, report
Try to arrow right, you will move between links. This behavior is cool, however is there any way to move by character in such cases?

2019-05-17 12:02:57

Ah, right. I think you have enabled Smart navigation which allows you to use the left/right arrows to move to the other link or other similar elements.
To disable it, you have to run startup Wizard found within help submenu and set the smart navigation to off.

2019-05-17 12:09:08

Thanks. I must say, I'm starting to really love that beast! Even when I'm not in VStudio

2019-05-17 22:18:24

@afrim you do not have to go through the start up wizard to turn off Smart navigation. This setting can be found in the JAWS settings center under the navigation menu which can be found under the web settings. JAWS key plus 6 should bring this dialog up.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2019-05-17 23:43:57

Thank you both. I decided to leave it be, cause it's a good feature IMO. It would be good if we had an ability to select the text without changing the settings. I don't care anyway

2019-05-18 17:49:31

hello, my friend has a problem. He uses Bitlocker, a Windows 10 PRO feature which allows to encrypt a HDD. When he tries to unlock the hdd with his password he cannot do it with jaws, because when he focuses on a password textbox, the cursor jumps back to the more options link.