2019-05-10 11:09:01

Hello!
As you probably know, Microsoft is working on a new browser that will be powered by the Chromium engine, used by Google Crome and other Chromium derrivatives.
Did you try the beta?
What are your thoughts about the project?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-10 13:40:16

Tried it. So far, nothing really stands out. Best I can describe it is "Microsoft Chrome". I.E. it feels exactly like Chrome. Although I'm happy the default Windows browser will be something I might actually consider using, instead of just using it to download Chrome or Firefox. Apparently they're also building an IE mode into this, for people who actually need IE for some godforsaken reason. Anyway, should be interesting to see where this goes.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-05-10 13:53:53

I'm really happy they are collaborating with the right people, and in general that they are contributing to open source projects. Best accessibility is when multiple companies with accessibility awareness work together, and Chrome already has a great, accessible base so this browser by default gains screen reader support, and thanks to this Narrator works with Chrome as well. I do think that advantages are huge for us, and that we will have a great future when it comes to accessibility of Windows.

2019-05-15 07:17:25

Agreed with what everyone else said so far. I like that Microsoft will be including a browser that I can actually stand. I've played with it a bit and I like it.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-05-15 10:27:39

It seems to be slightly faster than Chrome.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.

2019-05-15 14:07:35

Hey all, i didn't try the beta, but the thing i like is, it will be like google chrome! and google chrome is the best browser for me, so if it will be like chrome, maybe eeven faster? then i eeven won't bother installing chrome i guess.

2019-05-15 15:43:03

@5 not on my end. Normal speed here.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-05-15 18:24:11

I am more of a Firefox guy when on the Pc, but they are doing some nice work.
I do use Chrome on android though and it is neat, considering how bad it was when I started with android 4.1.2.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-05-16 07:46:27

i'm using chrome because i need fast thing, but edge is the web that i  never try to use.

2019-05-17 09:22:14

@snow, for chinese people Microsoft Edge Chromium will be a great leap forward, as most of you still use Internet Explorer!