2019-04-03 13:43:27

I have a feeling there won't be an English dub for this, but who knows. Either way, I'm actually looking forward to it and will be picking this up at some point.

2019-04-03 15:43:32

Probably not. But historically, there hasn't been much use for dubs in this series... there isn't enough spoken content other than one liners at the beginning and end of fights to actually need it.

Discord: clemchowder633

2019-04-03 16:25:35

And a bit of a spoiler, but I couldn't resist. Here are all the supers, special supers and lightning blade aka rage mode finishers in the game so far that have been revealed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKsDklGAgRs

2019-04-03 17:37:34

Some more details based on some previews I've read.
- there are four attack buttons; three slash strengths, and a kick button
- there are three super style attacks; a standard super move, special supers which are longer and more cinematic, and a lightning blade move which is short but deals massive damage only activated by first getting into rage mode
- rage mode is mapped to l2 / lt, and is an explosive powerup which knocks the opponents back along with other properties, and the afore-mentioned lightning blade attack
- unlike other fighting games, this game like the entire SS series doesn't focus on long combos. Strikes can take of massive amounts of damage, so the game is slower and more methodical EG: a lightning blade is slow and easy to block, but if it connects can take off 60-70% of someone's health bar.
- there wil be dodging and perrying maneuvers
- it is possible to disarm your opponent and reduce them to fighting with their fists until their weapon is retrieved
- the ps4 and xbox1 versions of the game will be released in June this year, with the PC and switch following in q4 2019

2019-04-03 17:38:10

assault_freak wrote:

Some more details based on some previews I've read.
- there are four attack buttons; three slash strengths, and a kick button
- there are three super style attacks; a standard super move, special supers which are longer and more cinematic, and a lightning blade move which is short but deals massive damage only activated by first getting into rage mode
- rage mode is mapped to l2 / lt, and is an explosive powerup which knocks the opponents back along with other properties, and the afore-mentioned lightning blade attack
- unlike other fighting games, this game like the entire SS series doesn't focus on long combos. Strikes can take of massive amounts of damage, so the game is slower and more methodical EG: a lightning blade is slow and easy to block, but if it connects can take off 60-70% of someone's health bar.
- there wil be dodging and perrying maneuvers
- it is possible to disarm your opponent and reduce them to fighting with their fists until their weapon is retrieved
- there will be a ghost system, similar to those of Tekken and Shadow Labs from KI
- the ps4 and xbox1 versions of the game will be released in June this year, with the PC and switch following in q4 2019

2019-04-03 20:02:18

Sorry for the tripple post... but I'm watching the gameplay again and am seriously hyped for this one. Unless it turns out to be a huge disappointment, this might just be the game to keep me online all the time.

2019-04-05 12:24:41

Some more videos:

Developer Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkZDwqdOfd4
Gameplay with commentary from Game Informer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_lj44xv0lU
Developer interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fowUoYGzU-Y
I'm very hyped for this one, but I realize that those of us who are into unlockables and story content will likely be disappointed. Unfortunate, but everyone has their own preferences. smile

2019-04-13 16:27:59

More gameplay, this time from IGN Japan. Really shows the methodical pace of the game as oposed to the crazy acrobatic combo-heavy fighting games that seem to be the new thing these days.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo473yXv7QQ

2019-05-06 01:34:57

Do anyone know when we can begin to pre order the game? I am excited about this game.
By the way V special is now on the Xbox one. I got all of the Samurai Shodown games except for the one that was on the 360.
What was the name of the one for the 360?

2019-05-06 02:09:32

Noone knows when a preorder will be available, or if there will be one.

2019-05-06 03:28:57

The last Samsho game I played that sounded this good was warrior's rage on the psx. In that one you had 3 life bars instead of a best of 2 wins. The music was totally serene and the combat was totally in stereo and felt very tactical. That game also had a lot of unlockable characters like tekken 3.

2019-05-06 07:14:41

I remember that one too. Unfortunately, I didn't like that combat as much... I felt the same way about all the 3d titles, though I never spent extensive time with many of them. Warriors Rage on the psx was definitely enjoyable for a time, though. MY favourite is probably Samurai Shodown IV or V special, and I'm glad after the mess that was Samurai Shodown Sen that they're being smart this time and going back to 2d gameplay, and making it a true reboot.

2019-05-06 13:50:00

yeah, samurai shodown sen was aweful. Even though I got it new for like 10 bucks years ago I still felt like I spent too much. lol

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2019-05-06 19:42:07 (edited by assault_freak 2019-05-06 21:20:28)

Glad Kenshira brought back warriors Rage though... nice to know I'm not the only one who sort of enjoyed that one for a time. haha. This series is and probably will be one of my favourite series for a very long time. I don't really care about the lack of single player content in past games, and probably the lack of it in the upcoming title, as ell. The uniqueness of the gameplay, the characters and the game's style don't have anything else like them, at least right now. And to be fair, Sen's audio design and music was good. It just had horrible, horrible gameplay...

2019-05-07 06:27:09

I hope that they put Samurai Shodown VI on the Xbox one as a ACA title.

2019-05-07 10:34:22

@cyco it's already there, along with Samurai Shodown V special.
Just a heads up I had to refund the original ACA Neogeo Samurai Shodown because it kept on crashing my console and booting me out to the home screen for some weird reason,9 times out of 10. I hope it's the only one that does it.
However, also keep in mind that in a few month's time, Samurai Shodown Neogeo collection will be having it's own release and might all just work at once.
If you have any ACA Neogeo titles, can you please let me know about how the first menu works when you first start the game?

2019-05-15 06:03:25

New trailer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgC5ODadjs

2019-05-15 06:39:31

I notice that all of the ACA titles will not go pass the language select screen. I even had sighted help with this.
I believe that there is a bug with these games. If anyone knows how to fix this please let everyone know.

2019-05-15 06:53:09

I don't have a solution because I haven't bought those titles. But it's not a bug... plenty of videos on youtube of people playing those games.

2019-05-15 10:30:39

gameplay sounds pretty decent, i'll pick it up if I can find it for a good price. assuilt freak and for others that are hype for the game, you all don't play soul calibour? don't know if you can compare the two but they both are weapon based fighters

can i get a peace double harmony burger? no chaos

2019-05-15 15:06:39

You definitely cannot compare the two.. and I am, so far as I know, one of probably three people actualy hyped for this. haha. And you bet I play Soul Calibur... I play the heck out of VI. But the two are almost as different as comparing apples and oranges... one being 2d, the other being 3d. The pace of the two games is also quite different... Soul Calibur relies on the use of the 8-way run as well as the fact it does include combos, juggles and the like though only to a certain extent. Soul Calibur also doesn't include projectiles. Samurai Shodown is 2d and relies much more on timing, good reads, spacing and being methodical. This was why so many people hated Sen for the xbox360... they tried to make Samurai Shodown play similar to Soul Calibur and fans didn't have any of it. lol IF there's any way to describe the gameplay of SS as opposed to Soul Calibur, i would be the old description of Samurai being much closer to, though not exactly, Street Fighter with swords. But I love both immensely, for diferent reasons. big_smile

2019-05-15 20:57:43

Also, the game is now available for preorder. Release outside of Japan will be June 25th on PX4 and Xbox1, with pc and switch versions to come a little ater. I digitally preordered on ps4.

2019-05-15 21:34:49

Super hyped for this.  Just pre-ordered.  Free season pass with pre-order? Yes, please. Sweet deal.

PSN ID: Ray_Penber
Twitter: @violentgil

2019-05-15 21:57:12

Yes sir! That's why I preordered it too. big_smile

2019-05-23 19:35:49

I'll be preordering after my Birthday, which still falls before the release date, so I'm excited. Will be preordering on xbox one. Will also have to pick up a new controller because my right bumper came off while in a gaming session with SIghtlessKombat. Luckily, it came of in my hand before a match started, I could feel the thing wobbling then suddenly it just came off in my hand.