2019-05-14 01:10:02

Hi all, I cant hear anything over the music in warcim. can we turn it off or down? and I'm seeing symbols and I cant focus on what is happening can that go away as well? please let me know. Thanks.

2019-05-15 03:19:25 (edited by defender 2019-05-15 03:20:46)

Okay so to turn off the music, just open the program and press 3 then enter and again 3 then enter.
To get rid of the symbol symbol symbol, you can add this following unspoken character to your speech dictionary and replace it with a space or something else that won't bother you.

I would also suggest turning off ascii and animations through the options menu, as well as maximizing the window every time you open it for best effect.

2019-05-16 06:04:27

I'm sorry but I'm using Jaws to play warcim can you please tell me how to add the symbol and replace it?

Thanks.

2019-05-16 21:04:22

You'd open Warsim, hit JAWS key D, hit okay, choose add, put the symbol in the first box, put a space in the second box and ignore everything else and hit okay and that should do it.
Now how to get JAWS to let you review the screen on the other hand, that I can't figure out.  It does realtime info just fine, but JAWS cursor just won't review the text in the Window for me like NVDA object nav will.
You can still play the game like that, it just seems allot slower unless your good at memorizing things.

2019-05-16 21:36:17

Wait, you don't have to add anything to your speech dictionaries because the game has an option to get rid of ascii symbols.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-05-17 02:07:16

No this is the stuff at the very start of the game on the splash screen.  I'm not sure why it isn't filtered but it isn't.  NVDA says symbol symbol symbol symbol symbol symbol Warsim symbol symbol symbol symbol symbol by huw2K8 ETC, while JAWS does the same but replaces symbol with Plus or Minus

2019-05-18 01:53:29 (edited by George_Gaylord 2019-05-18 02:11:00)

Hi i have another question: i forged an alliance with an independant kingdom and i accidentally sold the rights to levy troupes. Is there any way to buy back the rights to levy troupes? Because of my newbieness and idiocy, this nation over took me as the superpower in the game. sad smile  now i know how england feels. LOL smile
Also, how do you vaselise a kingdom? When i go in the menu, there isn't any option to do so.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here